Lemo question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi guys, I know the Lemo has been discussed in much detail on this forum, and there is a thready about 100+ pages long on it and have done a lot of searching, but haven't been able to find an exact answer to my question. I have a Lemo and right now its built to .4 with 24g diameter of the coil is about the same as the stock coil was so its a decent size coil. It was working great on my mechanical. But I now have an ipv mini 2 70 watt. I want to try to get it built so it can handle closer to 40 watts or so. I know it can be possible, but with the build I have in there now I can only get about 28 watts out of it, and I am just trying to get a bit more output out of the tank I know its capable of it. So I'm just wondering if any of you guys have been successful in running your lemo at 40 watts or more and what type of build do you have in them?

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
I'm going to have to take a look at the build again. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may have built this to a 26g coil with less wraps because the 24g was taking a bit too long to heat up efficiently on my mech, but now that I have the IPV mini 2 I will have to give a bigger coil a try. Might even try 22g.

bikershrink

Jan 19, 2015
Central Texas
its not necessarily a specific wattage just trying to get a bit better vapor production out of it, right now it is ok but I have seen much better out of other lemos. I am going to try a coil with more surface area and higher gauge wire.

It may be your wicking rather than the coil.
What is your voltage at the 28W your current setup seems to "max out" at?

alarsen77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
3.7 volts, I actually just wicked it with some Japanese cotton instead of the rayon I was using and it is hitting really good up to 35 watts now. I am also using a higher vg juice that is about 80vg. But I've never had any issues with it. I remember now that I built this with 22 gauge to begin with, and it was too sluggish for my mechanical but when I put it on a friends 100 watt sigelei I could get 40-50 watts out of it pretty easy. I think I am going to throw another one of those coils back in it, cause the vapor production I got off of that build was much better than what I have off this one.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I ran 60W all day long with this build:

QBCj0j.jpg

Twisted 24ga, 3mm ID.

I'm not really understanding the wattage expectations either. I've built my lemo from .2 all the way up to 2.0 ohm, and to be honest, I believe it performs best between 1.4 - 1.9 ohm. Outstanding flavor and vapor production at 1.7 ohm! Yum!

I've found that anything sub-ohm and the lemo has trouble keeping up. Your wick has to really be on par otherwise you'll get dry hits. It can be done (I'm vaping mine at 60 watts currently) but your build has to really be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread