lenmore power port sale 9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
I may not be the best judge since I vape inconsistently (sometimes I will go all day without then vape for three hours straight in the evening). That said, I am definitely getting more than an hour - I would say I am getting about the same as Codfish. I am using a -K which is supposed to be 750mAh. Aren't you using the -M? Perhaps that's the difference?
I'm using the M, and I vaporize pretty much nonstop when I'm not at work.

Boondongle: Nice job on getting that in such a small case. I like where you have the button & having the charging port at the opposite end is also preferable.
Thanks!

I also had a difficult time breaking that Lenmar housing apart. Mine didn't end up quite as chewed up as yours but the razor blade method didn't work as well for me as it did for Codfish.
:) I'm glad to hear it's not just me.

I thought the -M was 500mAh? It turns a (purplish?) blue when the charge is complete.
If I recall correctly, the documentation indicated that the K was 5v and 750mAh while the M was 5.2v and 650mAh. I'll check again when I'm at my desk, and not a tiny little netbook. As for the light, I've seen it red, I've seen it blue, and a couple of times, it was purple, and quite different from the blue.

codfish124

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Lakewood Co USA
the advantages so far are it last longer

disadvantages its bigger takes longer to charge. not to sure but i think the digapower make more vapor so maybe more amps or current i might just be seeing thing.

these are cheaper on the sale. would rather spend 14$ on the digapower than the then 20$ when these are not on sale. might make a digapower with an SE atty that would be tiny.

the last mod i mad with a lenmar case and 2 801 stock batteries and a supper mini battery ( left over parts :) and a charger built in ( mad the charging port out of a dead 801 atty ) last forever ill take pics of the inside soon still testing it out ( also broke a multi color led that was on the charger need to replace that.

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
o ya and these have a safety if they ground they shut off don't know if that a good thing or a bad thing yet but if your out and about and a lot of juice floods your conection only way to get it back is to hook it up to a charger.

...meaning the *Lenmar* has the safety? If so, that would explain why it was dying so often when I was tinkering with the mod. Thanks much for your comparison.

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
That's when my "piggyback battery" will come in handy :D

Seriously, that's one of my concerns....ending up out and about without a fix. I have never been that big of a smoker (couple packs a week) but in social situations etc., I gotta have my fix and don't wanna have to resort to analogs again.

For me that's why this is perfect solution - never far away from a USB source. Even before ecigs, I always carry my APC battery in my back pocket in case my phone goes dead (I am a gadget & music addict and don't like to restrict my activity over battery concerns).

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I stumbled across this for changing watt hours into amps and milliamps, if it's any help.

Watts = Amps x Volts
Watt Hours (Wh) = Amp Hours x Volts

Therefore
Amps = Watts / Volts
Multiply the result by 1,000 to get milliamps (mA) or milliamp hours (mAh) depending on whether you were starting with watts or watt hours (Wh)

Last edited:

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Am I the only one who managed to make it in the original case?

PPUMiniCig1.jpg

--Dave

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics during assembly. Obviously the space is very tight, and you need a plastic-housing RCA jack that you can shave the sides of to fit into the space where the fob loop has been carved out. But it was fairly straightforward once I did that.

I've ordered some more PPUMINI's in various colors, I'll do a step-by step documentation on one of those. It works *great*, delivering plenty of current with a drain profile about the same as an 18350.

--Dave

etip

Aug 7, 2009
SF Bay Area
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics during assembly.

I call BS. Pics or it didn't happen. :D Juuuuuuuust Kidding! If you do get a chance to take pics when you mod your next one, that would be awesome. I love my Lenmar mod but it's HUGE by comparison, now! Though, do like having the switch to turn off the power when it's in my pocket.

One question for you - does the usb OUT still work? I still use my unmodded one's for my cell phone.

Coincidentally, I picked up another one of the Lenmar batteries at Fry's yesterday. They are going for $15.99 w/ a $6.00 rebate & the had a few colors. Also, my Radio Shack had them on clearance for $12.99 - black only as I recall.

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Yes, the USB Out still works (I wired directly off the battery), I've taken to carrying the adapter that fits my phone, just in case I need it. I generally prefer having a cut-off switch as well, but there simply wasn't room. I *might* manage to wedge a small LED into the next one, or cross-connect to the existing charging light, but even that is tricky.

If there's a problem, it's that the blue light for being fully charged is too damned bright in a dark room or car, I have to be careful to aim it away from myself or get dazzled when it hits full charge.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread