Less nicotine = Less/Different Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I’ve read everywhere that adding nicotine to a mix affects the taste of the end mix.

I have experienced this first hand, having gone from, over a 2.5 year period, 24mg, to 18mg, to 12mg, to 8mg, to 4mg, to 3mg and now finally, at the beginning of this new year, down to 2mg nicotine strength in my DIY mixes.

Has anyone else gone through this experience of lowering your nic strength only to have the flavor change or taste weaker?

Please share if and/or how you were able to mitigate the flavor change.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: inspects

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I finally mixed some 0 nic and tried it. The taste was different, I would get used to that. The change I didn't like was the throat hit went away. It turns out that for me the throat hit is the most important part of the experience. My builds, temp and watts settings all seem to be about getting a good consistant throat hit above everything else.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
As with anything taste is subjective and it's worth considering too that some people like the flavor of nicotine - so, perhaps without even realizing it, they like the way certain flavors taste with the nicotine, and as the nic lowers, the juice tastes worse to them.

I vape unflavored 99.9% of the time these days...nic does taste good :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thanks for the replies.

My DIY juice doesn't taste bad, just different/weaker.

I can deal with it for sure.
1 mg nic is next on the hit list so I really don't have much choice in the matter. My goal is 0 mg within the next year or so.
Perhaps add a bit more flavoring to your mix to get the result your used to.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Kind of off the topic... Wondering if even dropping the nicotine down below 8 mg.; do you still have the withdraws during extended times without nicotine?

From my experience, your body will always adjust to the level of nicotine being put into it.

Once you are used to 8 mg for several months, you really shouldn’t be craving any more than when your were vaping 12 mg. But the mind is a powerful thing and can tell you differently.

I often chain vape at home or while on the road but yet I can go hours in a meeting at work and still really be fine. Well, not completely fine but I’m ok and no worse off and craving than when I smoked analogs.

My personal goal is 0 mg so I let the chain vape monster go as he pleases, for now. Let’s see how the monster reacts to 1 mg or .5 mg and then finally 0 mg. At 0 mg, he’s the loser and I win, game over, I hope. :)

Reactions: Strangebrew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread