"Let me Bum a Smoke from you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
You may want to up your nic level. I started on 18 and went down to the next level every 2 weeks. I'm now at 6. I've also found some juices that I really like(Boba's Bounty is my ADV, I can't get enough).

I was lucky in that I just switched over without much issue. However, for the past 5 years prior to vaping I've tried everything trying to quit. Right before I started vaping I was wearing a patch 5 days a week and smoking at least 2 PAD on the weekends.

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
6 is pretty low for starting off, for me at least. Buy a 10ml bottle of 12mg, vape it for a day and see what happens. If you feel sick or get a headache, it's either too much nic content or youre just chain vaping too much.
Play around with the different levels. Buy cheep bottles of stuff you think may be too high, but still give it a try.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
It took me a good six months to stop thinking "I need a smoke." but, it does stop and, you will get to automatically thinking "I need a vape." And looking for your PV. It was a year before I stopped carrying a lighter and thinking I should pull in to a store that had a good sale on analogs - even when I knew I didn't want them. LOL

Now, I don't even think about them and, if someone around me does smoke or mentions having a smoke, all I think is "Ew, yuck, how can you be so primitive?" I don't say it but, now smoking is about as primitive as a rotary dial phone.

Underdog68

Aug 13, 2013
I've smoked since I was 21 (24 yrs now). 2 weeks ago I started vaping, and as of 1 week and a day, I am "stinky" free. I had one urge during this time, but it passed. I tossed my ashtray, febreezed the heck out of the apartment and car. So far, so good.
I did notice today though that the smell of someone smoking near me sickened me a bit, which probably explains why the urge passed.
It'll take time; stay strong and try to distract your thoughts from the stinkies.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I smoked almost 2 pack's 30 years tried to quit maybe 15-20 times patches gum even gained a lot of weight 2 attempts ago
when I switched to vaping I cut down every week for I think 6 weeks maybe 5
the last 2 weeks I did 2 ciggs a night before bed thought I would never give them up
decided to take the plunge it was 3 days before it was dealable
and 1 month before I didn't feel I really need a cigg

then I got into VV and clero's and haven't looked back

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
7 months smoke free and i still find myself wanting a cigarette sometimes, especially during stressful nights. But its not the cigs you smoke, its the one you dont that count. So i feel no pressure of being absolutely clean; i let myself have a cig when the situation calls for it. And it actually makes it easier not to smoke because now you have a choice. Every time you make the choice to not smoke, it feels good.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Hang in there, man.

When I first started with a V2 cigs kit, I did not quit smoking, but it was important for me to remind myself that every victory - no matter how small - is a victory. After building up some momentum during a trip where I couldn't smoke much and had to rely more heavily on the V2 cigs, I upped to a Twist and it became really easy. I don't think about cigarettes anymore...but I'm still an addict: I've simply traded 3,000 or so chemicals for the few in ejuice. I know what you're talking about, though. Sometimes I've hang out the window or go outside to "smoke." I've come to realize more and more how smoking conditioned me, and now I'm simply trading in a more dangerous habit for a less dangerous one. I'm re-conditioning myself slowly. The other day I put my hand in my pocket to grab a lighter because one of the stove burners wasn't coming on...and the lighter wasn't there. Even though my all day vape is fruity with no tobacco flavor, sometimes I just need a cig-a-like with a tobacco flavor to satisfy me.

Hang in there, dude.

Nitequitter

Sep 26, 2012
Florida
I have been vaping for about 10 months now. I started on a cigalike kit and cut down to about 3-4 stinkies a day. That lasted for about 6 months. For the last 4 months I've been using an ego setup with vivi nova clearos, cut down to 2 a day and was able to kick those about 2 months ago. I still crave a real cig at least once a day, have to force myself to not stop and by some sometimes, but keeping my ego/clearo setup and one of the cigalikes with a carto on me at all times has gotten me through so far.

The last cig I smoked I bummed from a coworker an it tasted terrible; remembering that helps too. I also keep similar habits as to when I smoked like another poster stated; where I step outside to vape and vape while commuting and don't vape around the kids. Keeping some of the old habit seems to help me.

Oh, and I use 18mg nic level. I Tried cutting it back to 12 and that didn't cut it for me, at least not at this time.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

mommafish

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
okc
Next February will be my 2 year smoke free and here lately I've been craving a cig. I dont know why because I stop cigs from day 1 of vaping. So those cravings can really get to u.I used to chain vape but the last few weeks ive slowed down so that could be the reason. I dont know but ill be back to chain vaping till the cravings are gone. No looking back for me keep on keeping and it will happen

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Thank you for this link to the thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cted-smoking-habit-support-chat-thread-3.html. [

I am having a hard time quitting the smoking so, I appreciate this! I quit once and was good for 3 months then I caught a cold and could not vape. I started smoking again and it took another month for me to be able to vape. Needless to say, that particular thread is going to be interesting for me.

Benny Bronco

Aug 15, 2013
NNJ
Im 100% sure it will die out. Ive been smoking for years. One thing I like to do is smoke a cigarette while im driving. Ive been doing that everytime i jump in the car. Sometimes, i even want to break my pledge of not smoking a cigg while i drive so i vape. Now everytime im in a car, i just vape. i lost the urge to spark a cigarette while driving now. Just give it some time, your mind will loose the want to check behind your ear because its gonna know thats nothings going to be behind it.. good luck!

Nicolay

Jul 27, 2013
Windhoek, Namibia
... i found myself checking behind my ears for a cigarrete.

Lol! Awesome, thanks for that, had a good laugh :laugh:

The habit will probably never die completely, but it will become insubstantial over time. Try doing sport and feel how much better you can do it now. Seeing the positive changes can strengthen your resolve ... but it can also make you feel invincible and 'allow' you to have a cig. In that situation - go for a walk or jog, afterwards one usually feels less inclined to give into a crave.

Best of luck!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It will all go away Lo0nyt0on with time. I was a PAD smoker for 37 years. I switched to vaping last year in April. A couple of months back I did a 300 mile trip in the car with a bunch of smokers who I let light up. After a while I asked them to not all smoke at once. Other than that, it didn't bother me and I used to smoke like a chimney on road trips. I'm even vape no-nic juice now and love it.

Give it time and it will happen. Takes longer for some people but I believe it happens for everyone if you let it. Best of luck with it.

Lo0nyt0on

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Thanks for the tips and advice ppl.

I know being strong is a big part of it. And not giving in to a cig.. last time i quit i tried smoking 1 cig a day..and it worked..then suddenly... back to a pack a day...

So im not gunna sneek a cig..i told my girl that its cold turky and its vape only.. i might try a 12mg bottle but last time it felt harsh on my mechanical...

I think imma find some tabbacoo flavored juice at 12 mg and see if that helps when im going for my nic fix..and the rest of the time..ill stick with my 6mg juice..

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
After smoking for 14 years, I went cold turkey and straight to an e-cig February last year. I used to smoke half a pack a day so the vape shop I bought my eGo from advised me to start off at 12mg. Been almost off analogs since.

I said almost because from the time I started vaping last year, I had around 4-5 analogs during parties/drinking sessions just to taste them. By the third or fourth month vaping, smoking half an analog made me dizzy. By a year into vaping, I didn't like the taste of analogs at all. The smell is something I no longer appreciate too.

Some of my friends started vaping too but haven't been as successful in stopping analogs and eventually quit vaping altogether and returned to analogs.

Most of them who stopped vaping complained of feeling their lungs go heavy. Maybe they vaped too much, I really don't know. Some simply did not find vaping to satisfy their urge for real cigs.

I've been going down the nicotine levels lately. I'm now down to 4-6mg. My eventual aim is to go down to 0 and hopefully kick the habit totally. :) I already have a few bottles of 0mg juices but for some reason, they had no throat hit at all. Is throat hit coming from nicotine?

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Recovering smoker of 40 plus years. Ordered an ecig kit on a recommendation from a member of a pipe smoking forum. Had an ecig in my shirt pocket while still smoking coffin nails and a pipe. Ran out of cig tobacco and decided to give ecigs a hard try while still smoking a pipe. That was two months ago and still doing without cigarettes. Proud of myself (G)! Nic level varies between 24 and 18. The addiction is actually a multi-part addiction. The actual ecig gives my hands something to fiddle with, just putting it to my lips helps with the oral fixation, inhaling gives that sense of 'smoking' and the nicotine helps with the still present nicotine addiction caused by cigarettes! Vaping is a different experience than actually smoking, but stick to it and you can do it!!

Drhookerman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles
After smoking for 14 years, I went cold turkey and straight to an e-cig February last year. I used to smoke half a pack a day so the vape shop I bought my eGo from advised me to start off at 12mg. Been almost off analogs since.

I said almost because from the time I started vaping last year, I had around 4-5 analogs during parties/drinking sessions just to taste them. By the third or fourth month vaping, smoking half an analog made me dizzy. By a year into vaping, I didn't like the taste of analogs at all. The smell is something I no longer appreciate too.

Some of my friends started vaping too but haven't been as successful in stopping analogs and eventually quit vaping altogether and returned to analogs.

Most of them who stopped vaping complained of feeling their lungs go heavy. Maybe they vaped too much, I really don't know. Some simply did not find vaping to satisfy their urge for real cigs.

I've been going down the nicotine levels lately. I'm now down to 4-6mg. My eventual aim is to go down to 0 and hopefully kick the habit totally. :) I already have a few bottles of 0mg juices but for some reason, they had no throat hit at all. Is throat hit coming from nicotine?

When I use 0mg I don't feel as satisfied as 6mg, and I tend to vape a lot more also. The nicotine also effect throat hit but 0mg high pg ratio also have throat hit but less clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread