Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
You would likely end up with a burnt carto if you only put in a few drops to start.

I pull off the white cap and drip along the side into the filter material. After I have filled it, I wait about an hour just to make sure the juice is distributed in the filler material. Before using, I'll add a couple more drops just to make sure it's saturated.

riche

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
Cape Town
Whew ... lotsa stuff on this thread ...
Busy trying the G4 ...
Seems great :
easy draw - best with slow + long for lotsa vapor and more TH.
Still prefer stock 510 atty at this point - Trying to find a better solution.
... Will do longer post soon with various other attys + cartos Ive tried...
Trying anythng that fits on an eGo/Riva batt now ...

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Is there a way to tell an authentic Boge cartomizer to another?

The telltale is the aluminum connector with the recessed grommet and slots on the top of the center post. I haven't seen any other carto maker do it that way myself, but there may be others copying the superior design. For those who like a loose draw (like me), it's the best way to configure the air flow.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
The telltale is the aluminum connector with the recessed grommet and slots on the top of the center post. I haven't seen any other carto maker do it that way myself, but there may be others copying the superior design. For those who like a loose draw (like me), it's the best way to configure the air flow.

There are unfortunately copies of that now too. -Magnus

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Whew ... lotsa stuff on this thread ...
Busy trying the G4 ...
Seems great :
easy draw - best with slow + long for lotsa vapor and more TH.
Still prefer stock 510 atty at this point - Trying to find a better solution.
... Will do longer post soon with various other attys + cartos Ive tried...
Trying anythng that fits on an eGo/Riva batt now ...

I'm trying the G4's as well, so far (almost three weeks) they have been working very well. Good flavor, TH, airflow, don't leak, easy to refill, last a long time (possibly months with little performance drop). My CE2's are collecting dust now.

But at 3.4v they are too cool for my taste. They work better at 3.7v, and work amazing at 5v.

I have some G5's on the way which are lower ohms, I'm hoping the G5's perform warm at 3.7v, like the G4's perform at 5v.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
There are unfortunately copies of that now too. -Magnus

Okay...there's one more thing. If you peel the sticker off a Boge, there's a "K" engraved on the steel tube. At least there is with the ones I bought direct from Boge Tech, but it was a large wholesale order I made a long time ago.

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Okay...there's one more thing. If you peel the sticker off a Boge, there's a "K" engraved on the steel tube. At least there is with the ones I bought direct from Boge Tech, but it was a large wholesale order I made a long time ago.

Nope, not that either. I've been pestering them about this since Levitas and I actually talked about this a few weeks back. They told me I could tell by the coil but 1) didn't specify how and 2) that's kinda too late...

One of the suppliers here said they'd take it upstread... Levitas, do you remember whom it was? Liberty Flights? -Magnus

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com

Nope, not that either. I've been pestering them about this since Levitas and I actually talked about this a few weeks back. They told me I could tell by the coil but 1) didn't specify how and 2) that's kinda too late...

One of the suppliers here said they'd take it upstread... Levitas, do you remember whom it was? Liberty Flights? -Magnus

Did they copy the "K" too? Mine have a K.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I think it's the Smoke Tech ones that are almost identical, but don't know for sure. Maybe the Smoke Tech ones are made by Boge? They should definitely should trade mark their product if other makers are copying it. A logo engraved in the steel tube would do the trick.

You're right about the SMOKtech connectors being nearly identical but the good thing there is that they're almost out of the same form-factor range, they're all taller than the Boges. Any ideas you have throw upstream through wherever you buy them. The more of us mention this concern, the better. -Magnus

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
You're right about the SMOKtech connectors being nearly identical but the good thing there is that they're almost out of the same form-factor range, they're all taller than the Boges. Any ideas you have throw upstream through wherever you buy them. The more of us mention this concern, the better. -Magnus

Just fired off an email to my sales contact at Boge Tech about this issue. I'm not a retailer, I just established a contact when I bought wholesale from them. Yes, I bought a whole case of these suckers not too long after I started vaping, I like them that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread