Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
I'm right with ya, low income so I can't afford to waste tanks because the juice attacked the tank.

TFA or TPA blueberry candy is on the list. DOn't know what the Kanger T3S tanks are made of but I put my DYI TFA Blueberry candy in it and after 2 days its ok, I used 20% flavor. I did test a drop on a old CD overnight and it was ok.

TPA(The Perfume Apprentice) or TFA(The Flavor Apprentice) is the same company, if i'm wrong someone please correct me.

There was no edit on this post so i'm updateing it this way.

In the last week or 2 I have had to tanks crack. One was a Aquavapor C34 and a Kanger Evod. The C34 I thought came apart where I thought maybe it was glued together at the tip base, the Evod was clearly broken tip. I thought maybe by them being in my front pocket, somehow I broke the tips. Then I remember reading about TFA Blueberry Candy bad on tanks. Since both cracked/broke when I had TFA Bbrry juice, I think that was the cause. I love the blueberry so I'm gona have to find a glass tank, do they make glass tanks that hold 1.5ml? I like short tanks.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
There was no edit on this post so i'm updateing it this way.

In the last week or 2 I have had to tanks crack. One was a Aquavapor C34 and a Kanger Evod. The C34 I thought came apart where I thought maybe it was glued together at the tip base, the Evod was clearly broken tip. I thought maybe by them being in my front pocket, somehow I broke the tips. Then I remember reading about TFA Blueberry Candy bad on tanks. Since both cracked/broke when I had TFA Bbrry juice, I think that was the cause. I love the blueberry so I'm gona have to find a glass tank, do they make glass tanks that hold 1.5ml? I like short tanks.

So I've looked up the Green Apple and the Blueberry candy flavors on the TFA/TPA site and both have Triacetin in them which is the plastic tank culprit. Wiki here: Triacetin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's a plasticizer, their Whipped Cream flavor has it as well...I'm sure there are a whole slew of flavors that have them. I will try and compile a list in the next few days and post it.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Here is a link to the Perfumer's Apprentice MSDS. Link should come up on all the flavors with Triacetin in them. Perfumer's Apprentice. In case you don't like clicking links...

PRODUCTS WITH CAS # 102-76-1 : Triacetin
Apple Pie Flavor
Black Sesame Seed Flavor
Blueberry Candy Flavor (Triacetin)
Dill Pickle Flavor
Holiday Spice Flavor
Honeysuckle Flavor (PG)
Papaya Flavor
Passion Fruit Flavor
Pizza Flavor
Smooth Flavor
Whipped Cream Flavor
and Green Apple is listed in the description as "possibly can interact with some soft plastics"

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
Please add Johnson Creek Red Oak Silverthorn...

ecig1.jpg

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Ok Ive had a concern about a batch of the TFA Blueberry Candy I mixed up last week I was asking about in the TFA recipe thread but maybe this is the better place to ask about it hehe..

Anyways, so I mixed up 10ml into a glass dropper bottle and noticed the juice was cloudy and murky. When I brought it up in the recipe thread, it was mentioned that I probably had a tank cracker (I hadnt read that part about it yet haha) and it was more than likely my syringe that melted.. Well yesterday was doing more research at TPAs site, and discovered that triacetin DOES get cloudy like that.. This morning I stumbled across this thread and the updated list on Page 40, with the notes about polypropylene tanks being safe. This is what my syringes are made out of, so is it even possible it really melted or is the juice safe to vape?? Ive had it sitting for over a week now just watching it, cause it seemed like it might be clearing up, and this morning it is now completely clear just like all the rest of my juices.. Gave it a few good shakes and still clear as day, lotsa nice little bubblies floating around as usual. I would assume if there was melted plastic in there, I should see some sort of residue from it wouldnt I?

FWIW - Its not listed anywhere on TPAs site, but Wizard Labs somehow has both the Blueberry Candy with triacetin, and a version without thats mixed with PG that has no warning about plastic.. Theres also no warning on any of the blueberry flavors other than the candy w/triacetin and those descriptions are copied directly from TPA's site, so who knows..

rustafar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Weeki Wachee, FL.
TPA/TFA Rainbow Drops / Skittles

I just lost my plastic tank section on my Rose v2 today. went to take the top cap off to refill and it just came off, threads still in the metal section. So I know for a fact the TPA/TFA Rainbow Drops / Skittles is a tank cracker. Now............metal tank section on Lol.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Bringing the list to the end. If someone wants to take on the job of adding any from post# 391 onward: copy this list, add to the list. :)

Most Recent UPDATE

My aim is to compile a list of juice and flavorings that may cause problems as far as cracking, fogging, or etching polycarbonate tanks. Anything listed here may cause your polycarbonate tank to be damaged. I am primarily focused on the polycarbonate tanks, although this info may apply to other tanks.

I am certainly not attempting to ban any flavors or ejuices. I'm just trying to help out some folks who continue use polycarbonate tank systems.

***Most, if not all, polycarbonate plastic by nature uses BPA in its manufacturing You can read about BPA leaching from plastics. Just google BPA. IMHO, it's just another good reason to move away from polycarbonate material.

Polypropylene is my personal choice for tank tubing because it it inexpensive and durable. This is the same material that is used to make syringes. Polypropylene tubing can be purchased here: McMaster-Carr. You can use 5/8"id x 3/4od for Liquinator tanks, Lil mama tanks, Big daddy tanks, Jtanks, and others. This tubing has a very slight curve to it, but will not be noticeable when cut to a short length. You can see a pic of a tank I made using this tubing with Liquinator endcaps here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-mods/259319-heres-pic-my-polypropylene-tank.html

The popular DCTanks can now be found made from polypropylene tubing. Polypropylene will not crack from a chemical reaction from using juices on this list. For some reason, most vendors are not stating the fact that these are made from polypropylene. IMO this is an excellent selling point that they are missing... These tanks can be used with some XL cartos, or they can be easily cut down to fit a standard sized carto, my personal preference, since I have a few dozen tanks, and I can't afford the pricier ones.

Glass tanks are also a wonderful alternative.

I am personally not familiar with the Vision Stardust type tanks or any of the clearomizer types. From what I hear, they are polycarbonate and folks seem to be having the same issues with cracking/frosting. I am also not familiar personally with Vivi Nova's, since I have found my happy place with polypropylene DCTanks.

All of the ejuice/flavors listed below have been reported by at least one ecf member to cause problems for them. YMMV.

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. Contributions have been made by myself and other members. So far we have:

Here is the list. Everything listed here has caused someone a problem with a polycarbonate tank. Some have reported no issues whatsoever with some of these juices/flavorings. Use at your own risk with polycarbonate tanks.

Alien Vision Cravelope
Alien Vision Pineapple Pulp
AVE Hype
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
Citrus acid
Clove oil
Cola(because of cinnamon)?
Decadent Vapors Bubblegum
Dekang Pina Colada/Tobacco mixed
DIY Flavorshack Tangerine
DIY Gummibear(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank).
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Ecblends Apple Pie
Ecblends Banana
Ecblends Cinnamon Apple
ECBlends Gingerbread, double flavor
ECBlends Grape
ECBlends Rootbeer
Ectoplasm
Elixirliquids Cinnamon Death
Elixirliquids Deathday Cake
Elixirliquids Gummibear
Elixirliquids Heaven and Hell(cinnamon with menhtol)
Elixirliquids Rage(hot cinnamon)
FA Lemon Sicily Flavoring
FA Tiramisu
Flavor West Ecto Cooler at 12% with 5% TPA Hawaiin Punch(diy mixture)
Flavor West Mojito Flavoring
Fuzion Vapor Gumby's Blood
Ginger's Fireball
HellaVapor's Raspberry Winta-green
High Brow Vapes Orange De Sangre(peeling on inside of tank)
High Desert Vapes Ecto Cooler
High Desert Vapes Applewood Tobacco
Honeysuckle
KBV Hummingbird Nectar
Lorann Butter Rum flavor
Lorann Butterscotch Flavoring
Lorann Horehound Flavoring
Lorann Peppermint oil
Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid
MadVapes Black Licorice
Malic acid
Mimosa(because of the orange)
Mountain Oak Vapors Red Drop
Mrs. T's Apple Crumble
Mrs. T's Apple Pie with Ice Cream
Mrs. T's Kickin' Pineapple
Mrs. T's Snickerdoodle
Mrs. T's Strawberry Lemonade
Mrs. T's Strawberry Shortcake
Mt. Baker Vapor Arnold Palmer
Mt. Vapor Cola
Mt. Baker Vapor Cream Soda
Mt. Baker Vapor Marachino Cherry
Mt. Baker Strawberry Lemonade
Mt. Baker Vapor says not to use their Amaretto, Cinnamon, Citrus flavors, Mt. Dew, Sweet Tarts, Green Apple, Ginger, and Lavender in plastic tanks
Mt. Dew flavoring
Mt. Vapor's Lemonade(endcaps melted)
My Vape Store Cinnabun
Neon Vapors Neon Cherry
Nutmeg
Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with.pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
Pluid
Rawrvapor Antidote
Rawrvapor AuRaWRa
Rawrvapor Banapple
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
Rawrvapor Strapple
RxVapor Bugatti
Sassafras
Smokeless Image Banana Nut Bread Liquid from From Smokeless image
Sour flavors
Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnicide
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
Tasty Vapor Sherbet
Timmy's Double Double from Juicy Clear
TPA Blueberry Candy(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank)
TPA Blueberry(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank)
TPA Cherry Blossom flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
TPA Earl Gray Tea flavoring
TPA Holiday Spice flavoring
TPA Honeysuckle flavoring
TPA Lemon Lime flavoring
TPA Maraschino Cherry flavoring
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Ripe Banana flavoring
TPA Rootbeer Flavoring
TPA RY4 Double Flavoring
TPA Spearmint flavoring
TPA Sweettarts
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
V2Cig's Menthol
V4L WOW Peppermint Nobacco
VAL Goddess
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake.
Vape Dude's Lemonade
VaporGod Black Cherry
VaporGod Spearmint
Vapor Renu Cherry Crush
Vapor Renu Marlboro, Lavender, Pink Lemonade
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew Baha Blast and Strawberry Limeade
Vapor Renu Mt Dew Code Red
Vapor Renu Teaberry, Cherry Vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vaporbomb Fire 'n Ice(cracked tank, melted rubber drip tip)
Vaporbomb Green Apple
Vaporbomb Hot Cinnamon Candy
Vaporbomb Sun Kissed
Vaporbomb Sweet Cherry
Vaporbomb Sweet Cinnamon Red Hots
Vaporgod Licorice
Vapor Room Cinnamon Red Hots
Virgin Vapor Luscious Lime
Virgin Vapor Sweet Summer Lemonade
Vixen Vapor RH Candy Cane
Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
Ziquid Zenthol

This list was reported on the thread. I'm not sure if it's Flavor Art or Flavor West, but the following e liquids may break your plastic tank based system.

Absinthe
Amaretto
Apricot
Arnold Palmer
Big Red Soda
Black Licorice
Black Rock
Blood Orange
Cider Fire
Cinnamon
Cinnamon Hot Tamale
Cinnamon Red Hot
Creme De Menthe
Dr. Pepper
Ecto Cooler
Ginger Ale
Ginger
Green Apple
Key Lime
Lavender
Lemonade
Lightning
Mango
Mango Tea
Maraschino Cherry
Monster Bash
Monster
Morning Vape
Mt. Dew
Orange
Orange Ice
Peach
Pineapple
Pineapple Peach
Pink Lemonade
Rad Energy
Razzle Dazzle
Rock Star
Root Beer
Ruby Red Grapefruit
Sassafras
Solar Flare
Sweet Tarts
Tangerine
Venom
White Out
Yellow Ice

Perfumer's Apprentice lists triactetin as in ingredient in some of their flavors, so be sure to check that out. Triacetin has caused problems for many members.

Disclaimer: These are not "bad" juices. They just have the potential to cause cracking in tank systems using polycarbonate tubing.

Thanks to ECF Veteran member Stosh for alphabetizing it for me. :)

PtrG

Nov 23, 2013
Austin TX
Am late arrival to this thread which is much appreciated and will be consumed eventually.
Tank cracking seems to be the preferred title but had Tfa Cin Danish "soften" and expand rubber washers on nice glass IBT tank and same with rubber plunger part of syringe.
Stopped using the juice despite loving cinnamon in most of its forms. IBT tanks also offers silicone washers that got between glass tube and end caps.
Was told be respected writer/member on diy thread that tpa cinnamon danish doesn't crack tanks. Maybe prefers rubber . . . and don't know what it does to my insides. Sure hope someone picks up this project and continues. Thanks again!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
If your lungs are made up of chemical substances, you should be afraid of the interaction between them and your vapor. Fortunately, lungs aren't made up of chemical substances.

Errrr...then what precisely are they made of?? Fresh air...ooops that is a chemical substance also!

I see what yiou are saying but this is wrong minded. The question is whether de-plasticisers etc (organic acids etc) in juices that fog PC tanks can react with any of the organic substances that constitute your lungs - proteins/carbohydrtaes/lipids etc. The human body is a one large bag of water and chemical substances!!!

sorry, just came across this thread and had to comment...

Reactions: Dom NY

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    PSA: How to stop tank-cracking e-liquids from cracking/etching/melting plastic/polycarbonate tanks.

Answer: Use only glass tanks. Problem solved.

I realize that top coil tanks have their advantages for non-variable voltage batteries and that there is no such thing as a top-coil glass tank/clearomizer (not that I'm aware of anyway) but I'd rather be safe and use a glass bottom coil tank. Plastic is yesterday's news. Glass is the only way to go anymore.

For those newbies who got duped into buying a starter kit with a plastic tank, I hear you, it sucks. But life is full of expenses which we have to experience and learn from. Move on and buy a glass tank.

As far as your options for small eGo threaded clearos...

-Aspire K1 - full glass tank

-Aspire ET-S Glass (make sure it is the glass version of the ET-S as they make a, ET-S plastic version as well. The ET-S glass isn't a fully glass tank, just glass windows. The rest is metal.)

-Kanger EVOD Glass ( just like the ET-S Glass, thi sis nto a fully glass tank, just glass windows on a metal tank. Be sure the tank etching says "EVOD GLASS". The EVOD2 looks exactly the same but the windows are plastic.

-Kanger Mini Protank 3 - another full glass tank.

Last edited:

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2014
    Palm Harbor, FL
    This is just a continuation of suspected plastic tank killers started by my4jewels a long time ago. Note that these are opinions of posters and these are "suspected". For example, I have vaped Johnson Creek Silverthorn many times without doing anything to my Triton tank. Use these at your own risk. Also included is a list of liquids containing Triacetin (or whatever) that was posted.

Alien Vapor Red Licorice
    Alien Vision Cravelope
    Alien Vision Pineapple Pulp
    AVE Hype
    bulk ejuice monster e juice
    Charlie Noble Poseidon's punch
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
    Citrus acid
    Clove oil
    Cola(because of cinnamon)?
    Decadent Vapors Bubblegum
    Dekang Pina Colada/Tobacco mixed
    Dekang Red Bull
    Dill Pickle. DIY at 10%
    DIY Flavorshack Tangerine
    DIY Gummibear(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank).
    E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
    Ecblends Apple Pie
    Ecblends Banana
    ECBlends Black Cherry Cola
    Ecblends Cinnamon Apple
    ECBlends Gingerbread, double flavor
    ECBlends Grape
    ECBlends Rootbeer
    Ectoplasm
    e-liq cube frozen thundra
    Elixirliquids Cinnamon Death
    Elixirliquids Deathday Cake
    Elixirliquids Gummibear
    Elixirliquids Heaven and Hell(cinnamon with menhtol)
    Elixirliquids Rage(hot cinnamon)
    Enchanted E-cigs Black Cherry Cola
    FA Lemon Sicily Flavoring
    FA Tiramisu
    Flavor West Ecto Cooler at 12% with 5% TPA Hawaiin Punch(diy mixture)
    Flavor West Mojito Flavoring
    Fuzion bananas
    Fuzion Vapor Gumby's Blood
    Ginger's Fireball
    Gremlin juice Vanilla Custard
    Hangsen pineapple
    Hangsen raspberry
    HellaVapor's Raspberry Winta-green
    High Brow Vapes Orange De Sangre(peeling on inside of tank)
    High Desert Vapes Applewood Tobacco
    High Desert Vapes Ecto Cooler
    Honeysuckle
    JC Wisconsin Frost
    Johnson Creek Red Oak Silverthorn
    KBV Hummingbird Nectar
    killer-juice banana milkshake killer-juice
    killerliquid.com Blueberry candy
    Lorann Butter Rum flavor
    Lorann Butterscotch Flavoring
    Lorann Horehound Flavoring
    Lorann Peppermint oil
    Lucky's Vapor Store Vanilla Cola
    Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid
    MadVapes Black Licorice
    Malic acid
    MBV America
    MEL Neptune
    Mimosa(because of the orange)
    Mountain Oak Vapors Red Drop
    Mrs. T's Apple Crumble
    Mrs. T's Apple Pie with Ice Cream
    Mrs. T's Kickin' Pineapple
    Mrs. T's Snickerdoodle
    Mrs. T's Strawberry Lemonade
    Mrs. T's Strawberry Shortcake
    Mt. Baker Strawberry Lemonade
    Mt. Baker Vapor Arnold Palmer
    Mt. Baker Vapor Cream Soda
    Mt. Baker Vapor Marachino Cherry
    Mt. Baker Vapor says not to use their Amaretto, Cinnamon, Citrus flavors, Mt. Dew, Sweet Tarts, Green Apple, Ginger, and Lavender in plastic tanks
    Mt. Dew flavoring
    Mt. Vapor Cola
    Mt. Vapor's Lemonade(endcaps melted)
    My Vape Store Cinnabun
    Neon Vapors Neon Cherry
    Nutmeg
    Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with.pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
    PinkSpot's menthol
    Pluid
    Pluid
    purple pieman by fuzion vapou
    Rawrvapor Antidote
    Rawrvapor AuRaWRa
    Rawrvapor Banapple
    Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
    Rawrvapor Strapple
    Roar Earl Grey
    Roar Hawaii sunset
    Roar Truth Serum
    RxVapor Bugatti
    Sassafras
    smokelessimage.com/?a_aid=4f3192263c7b1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Smokeless Image Banana Nut Bread Liquid from From Smokeless image
    Sour flavors
    Tasty Vapor Atomic Cinnicide
    Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
    Tasty Vapor Sherbet
    TFA PearFlavor
    Timmy's Double Double from Juicy Clear
    TPA Blueberry Candy(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank)
    TPA Blueberry(melted plastic endcaps on DCTank)
    TPA Cherry Blossom flavoring
    TPA Cinammon red hots
    TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
    TPA Earl Gray Tea flavoring
    TPA hibiscus pear
    TPA Holiday Spice flavoring
    TPA Honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA Lemon Lime flavoring
    TPA Maraschino Cherry flavoring
    TPA Peppermint
    TPA Pineapple flavoring
    TPA Ripe Banana flavoring
    TPA Rootbeer Flavoring
    TPA RY4 Double Flavoring
    TPA Spearmint flavoring
    TPA Sweettarts
    TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
    TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
    TPA/TFA Rainbow Drops / Skittles
    Truth Serum
    V2Cig's Menthol
    V4L WOW Peppermint Nobacco
    VAL Goddess
    Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake.
    Vape Dude's Lemonade
    VapeDudes' Mountain Dude
    Vapor Drops AMP
    Vapor Renu Cherry Crush
    Vapor Renu Marlboro, Lavender, Pink Lemonade
    Vapor Renu Mt Dew Code Red
    Vapor Renu Mt. Dew Baha Blast and Strawberry Limeade
    Vapor Renu Teaberry, Cherry Vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
    Vapor Room Cinnamon Red Hots
    Vaporbomb Fire 'n Ice(cracked tank, melted rubber drip tip)
    Vaporbomb Green Apple
    Vaporbomb Hot Cinnamon Candy
    Vaporbomb Sun Kissed
    Vaporbomb Sweet Cherry
    Vaporbomb Sweet Cinnamon Red Hots
    VaporGod Black Cherry
    Vaporgod Licorice
    VaporGod Spearmint
    Virgin Vapor Luscious Lime
    Virgin Vapor Sweet Summer Lemonade
    Vixen Vapor RH Candy Cane
    Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
    Wintergreen juice or flavoring
    Ziquid Zenthol

This list was reported on the thread. I'm not sure if it's Flavor Art or Flavor West, but the following e liquids may break your plastic tank based system.

Absinthe
    Amaretto
    Apricot
    Arnold Palmer
    Big Red Soda
    Black Licorice
    Black Rock
    Blood Orange
    Cider Fire
    Cinnamon
    Cinnamon Hot Tamale
    Cinnamon Red Hot
    Creme De Menthe
    Dr. Pepper
    Ecto Cooler
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger
    Green Apple
    Key Lime
    Lavender
    Lemonade
    Lightning
    Mango
    Mango Tea
    Maraschino Cherry
    Monster Bash
    Monster
    Morning Vape
    Mt. Dew
    Orange
    Orange Ice
    Peach
    Pineapple
    Pineapple Peach
    Pink Lemonade
    Rad Energy
    Razzle Dazzle
    Rock Star
    Root Beer
    Ruby Red Grapefruit
    Sassafras
    Solar Flare
    Sweet Tarts
    Tangerine
    Venom
    White Out
    Yellow Ice
    Ginger
    Fennel
    Lilac
    Spearmint
    Lavender
    Angelica
    Rosemary

PRODUCTS WITH CAS # 102-76-1 : Triacetin
    Apple Pie Flavor
    Black Sesame Seed Flavor
    Blueberry Candy Flavor (Triacetin)
    Dill Pickle Flavor
    Holiday Spice Flavor
    Honeysuckle Flavor (PG)
    Papaya Flavor
    Passion Fruit Flavor
    Pizza Flavor
    Smooth Flavor
    Whipped Cream Flavor
    and Green Apple is listed in the description as "possibly can interact with some soft plastics"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread