Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAS129

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
Just tried some Enchanted E-cigs Black Cherry Cola. Cracked EVOD clearomizer in less than 5 minutes. At least EVODs are cheap. Not sure must be the Cola in it. Popped the top and will let it steep till I get another glass tank. They also have disclaimer that says use caution with plastic tanks so I can't say I wasn't warned.

Last edited:

34 Hour Reset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Menomonie, WI
So this just happened. I'm a novice vaper, so maybe I did something wrong, or maybe this is a knock off Vivi Nova. Filled with Truth Serum and 30 minutes later it crumbled.

crack.jpg

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
These lists confuse me. A year ago I bought pineapple and wintergreen concentrated flavoring and bought premixed juices containing them. Then I read a list that included both of these as corrosive/cracking dangerous when I was only using cartomizers so didn't give it much thought. Then I started using various clearos and refrained from using them based on these lists. Now I'm wondering why, a year later, they still show NO corrosion or cracking in the plastic bottles they're sold in and still sit in. Answer anyone?

SometimesMay

Dec 12, 2013
USA
Just making a note in here so that I can reference back to this page [page 40]

I'm considering getting into glass tanks to avoid all of this all together. But I am very clumsy and I've dropped my devices many times. I tend to like the weight reduction with using plastic, but now I know that I probably need to upgrade as I like most of these flavors listed outside of my tobacco range.

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
I have had a similar problem with cinamon red hots flavor in pg from tpa. I think this is what you are talking about anyway. Am I right? (see attached pics)

wp_ss_20140219_0002.jpg wp_ss_20140219_0001.jpg wp_ss_20140219_0003.jpg wp_ss_20140219_0004.jpg

This including the pitting on the stem happened in a 24 hour period. The black plastic turned soft and slimy the tank just has the gooey white film that hardened in water

<edit for more info>

(I think I found the problem if anyone is interested...)

Quote from http://www.revolution-vapor.com/e-liquid-flavors/fireball

Comments

Submitted by BikerMike on Fri, 12/20/2013 - 18:51.
fireball liquid
Question: How does the fireball e-juice destroy the plastic tanks? It comes in a plastic bottle. What's the ingredients in that vape juice that causes this to happen. I know when i make my own. I use a mix of 30/70 pg/vg plus flavor. And none of the flavors i make have ever destroyed a tank. so what is the content in the flavor that causes this ?

Login or register to post comments
Submitted by e.swick on Mon, 12/23/2013 - 14:13.
Fireball
Fireball liquid contains cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil which gives cinnamon its unique taste. This oil attacks certain plastics, although it does not react with our plastic bottles, which are made of LDPE. Nevertheless, it will crack most of the hard, clear plastics that tanks are made from, including polycarbonate.

Our M7 Pro Tanks are made of steel and pyrex glass, which will not react with the Fireball liquid. It's a great solution for the Fireball fans out there.

Here's some more info on cinnamaldehyde for those who're interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamaldehyde

Login or register to post comments

< End quote>

Hope that helps some people

Last edited:

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
Well interesting development at least for me hopefully for you to.

I shook my juice and it turned white like it has since I made it. White as milk. Then I added nicotine in a pg base and shook and wonder of wonders it instantly turned clear with a yellowish tint like the nicotine had instantly aged?

Anyone know why this happened? Obviously some sort of chemical reaction but...

will it reduce the potency of the nicotine in the juice?
did it make toxic chemicals from the cinnamaldehyde and nicotine in that reaction??
What just happened?
Very strange!!!
Will it still eat plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread