Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I went back to horizontal coils and one is a .5 ribbon with a cotton wick. The others are round 30 G both silica with the KFMini reading 1.7 ohm the KFLs are both around 2.4 ohm. Oops, wait the KFL+ is now reading 1.6 for some reason. Can't remember which has the ribbon the KFL or the KFL+? :confused: (short term memory lapse happens with age)

I think it's the KFL+ with the ribbon. and all SS tank. The KFL has a one piece M tank (so nice to see juice all the way to the bottom!) I run the KFL+ till it's dry, which jogs my memory now, as I burned the cotton emptying it out once, or twice.

I rather do the same as you guys on rotation of juices - the KLFs get NET rotations of Huntsman, Huntsman Men, DF, HA, HA Men, Shadow, Sludge, DH, Blackberry Burley and Balkan while the KFM gets non-NET rotations of Crackberry, White Lie, Cin City, Cherry Balsam Tobacco, Bacon, Blue Bacco.

Cherry Balsam Tobacco, Bacon and Blue Bacco from MBV get little use - only when I want something completely different and to remind myself why I like HHV so much!

The Blackberry Burley and Balkan from Clay's N.E.T.com are also rarely used, not because they are inferior in anyway, just the opposite. They are so good I want to keep them around as long as possible till I can order some more. I even made up a blend of Balkan/Crackberry which is excellent!!!

Oh, almost forgot - I've only mentioned the toppers. I power the KFLs on Provari and Provari mini; the KFM rotates on one of 3 Spinners. The VAMO is usually used to dry burn and Ohm check coils. I did bring a Protank II out of the museum a week ago to see if it would be fitting to travel to LA next month. Filled it with White Lie vaped half a tank and meh, nope (going back to the museum). KFM just took over that position as carry-on gear - I think the Provari mini will go in check-in baggage with the VAMO as backup.

I believe that covers everything - toppers, power supply, and juices. I didn't mention my mechs because they are not in use much since they are carto tanks and I don't care for cartos much any more. I'll occasionally top 'em with the KFM, which looks really sexy for when I'm stepping out to a special event. However, the 14500 bats don't hold a charge very long.

This should keep you guys busy for a few, if you care to read it, that is. ;)

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Wow and the cotton is still pretty clean did you send it through the washing machine? ;)

thats a picture after rewicking.... the old cotton was sooo dark you couldnt see the coil hole... but the cotton going into the leg holes/well was pretty clean, just the donut part was nasty dark, probably could have kept the leg hole wick in place and just replaced the donut...
it was interesting that it did that ( legs stayed clean, donut darkened)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
thats a picture after rewicking.... the old cotton was sooo dark you couldnt see the coil hole... but the cotton going into the leg holes/well was pretty clean, just the donut part was nasty dark, probably could have kept the leg hole wick in place and just replaced the donut...
it was interesting that it did that ( legs stayed clean, donut darkened)

Probably acting kind of like a filter on a cigarette.

Edit: pictures of Sourdough starter will be up on the BIG THREAD in a few. Mama Chak needs some quality time...

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Did a clean-up/rearrange of the vape shelves yesterday afternoon and got rid of a ton of old junk. Everything ProTank, Vivi Nova and similar vintage is now in the garbage bin.

Juices in rotation on top shelf. Steepers in black toolbox on bottom shelf.

5yny9u4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
It's humble gear (so far), but I'm loving it!

All tanks are loaded with HHV: Legend in the Nautilus, Dark Horse in the Aero and Sludge in the iClear. I'm having fun messing with the settings on the MVP 2 for the best flavors. I like a warm vape (low airflow), but don't want to burn out those dual coils. Suggestions welcome on that. I've reviewed the math posts on ECF and have the Ohm's Law calculator app. But there was a lack of clarity about whether to double the resistance to account for having 2 coils.

image.jpg

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Humble's fine :) Good vape from the MVP.

If it's a model 2, just punch up the ohm check and see what it says, if you want to use the charts. Otherwise, just start low and work up to good flavor. No math needed, just taste buds. Go up a step at a time, if it starts to taste a bit "off", back off a step and you're probably in heaven! :vapor:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
It is MVP 2. I've been in vape heaven since picking it up Friday night at a B&M. Paid more, but I wanted to support them and not have to stalk the mailman. I've been doing the setting in volts, because it seems to get a better result. I'm finding where the taste is best, 3.8 or so is a sweet spot so far, but I didn't want it to be too much for the coil! Total noob here. :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
It's humble gear (so far), but I'm loving it!

All tanks are loaded with HHV: Legend in the Nautilus, Dark Horse in the Aero and Sludge in the iClear. I'm having fun messing with the settings on the MVP 2 for the best flavors. I like a warm vape (low airflow), but don't want to burn out those dual coils. Suggestions welcome on that. I've reviewed the math posts on ECF and have the Ohm's Law calculator app. But there was a lack of clarity about whether to double the resistance to account for having 2 coils.

View attachment 332240

LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .

hudson_macbeth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Levels, WV, USA
Did a clean-up/rearrange of the vape shelves yesterday afternoon and got rid of a ton of old junk. Everything ProTank, Vivi Nova and similar vintage is now in the garbage bin.

Juices in rotation on top shelf. Steepers in black toolbox on bottom shelf.

5yny9u4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ack! You threw it away?!? :cry: lol

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
It is MVP 2. I've been in vape heaven since picking it up Friday night at a B&M. Paid more, but I wanted to support them and not have to stalk the mailman. I've been doing the setting in volts, because it seems to get a better result. I'm finding where the taste is best, 3.8 or so is a sweet spot so far, but I didn't want it to be too much for the coil! Total noob here. :)

Good for you! I like to keep some of my $$ in the local economy, as long as they don't gouge me :) A reasonable markup is fine, they do have more overhead. And it offsets the postage. Not to mention taking care of not having to wait...

And we were ALL noobs at one point.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .

Fantastic, retic!!! I was so worried about volts, that I was staying on that setting. I just cranked the watts to 10 and the flavor started shining so much more! The young guy at the store was the owner's son, and clearly ... ermmm ... *not sober* ... And he told me he runs his MVP 2 at 11 watts all the time. But his info was suspect given his state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread