Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Thank you:)

Actually, my question is multi part. I have a kayfun 3.1 clone, and a kayfun lite clone on the way. I am not sure if the lite clone is a regular lite or a plus model. If not, is the air flow control really needed, and if so, can it be modified to have some sort of afc?

with the proper tools ( machine shop and a good friend ;) ) it could be modified. needing it i guess is a matter of preference of draw tightness... I have the HCigar 3.1 and have the AFC open all the way ( which would probably be equal to one without AFC) but I do find that my R91 clone is on the tight side even with the AFC screw removed... the bottle neck on airflow with these types of tanks is the inner dia. of the positive post/airflow tube, which unfortunately cant be safely drilled any larger without causing weakening issues of the positive pin...

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Good evening all...... LA and Pappy you will love the MVP's. They are great little work horses and the battery really lasts so nice for being away from home.

Dusty your vape gear looks ship shape and I have the same brown/weave baskets you do:laugh: Actually when I was organizing my stuff last week I remembered I have two 18650 and three 18500 batteries that have barely been used. Went over to Vape Royalty planning to pick up the HiCigar Nemesis Clone since Bronze has been happy with this and they look great...instead grabbed the Tree Of Life clone...it just spoke to me. I won't run the larger batteries often due to the mod size, but for boating and camping these along with the MVP will be perfect. I just worry about taking my more expensive mods out in those situations and also...am not able to easily charge batteries.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
LA on a dual coil setup it's half the resistance , in another words if your MVP says your resistance is 2.0 ohms there are two 4 ohm coils in your Nautilus , your best bet is to run in wattage or power mode instead of volts , in wattage mode your MVP checks resistance every time you fire and sets the voltage automatically , start at 7 watts and work up , the Aspires like to be pushed , 10 - 12 watts is where I ran mine , the heads lasted for months .

I have an Aspire. It's in the tried and didn't like box. I'm the only person I've heard of that did not like the Aspire.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Did a clean-up/rearrange of the vape shelves yesterday afternoon and got rid of a ton of old junk. Everything ProTank, Vivi Nova and similar vintage is now in the garbage bin.

Juices in rotation on top shelf. Steepers in black toolbox on bottom shelf.

5yny9u4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Get yourself a subohm kit already for that REO. Otherwise send it my way..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
So the 3.1 should be good to go, but the lite may or may not work out for me, depending on whether or not I like the draw. Got it, and thanks a bunch. Any suggestions for a newbie entering the world of vaping and rba?

Yup when it comes to kayfun clones stick with HCIGAR or Ehpro , Tobeco is on again off again as far as quality goes , also because of the airflow issue with the tobeco R91% clone I tried 10 or 12 different builds but was never able to get the flavor out of it , keep things simple , a good microcoil in the 3.1 will rock your world .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I ordered the 3.1 from angelecigs, the lite I bought in the classies. Dont know the brands of either of them:(

Let us know about the 3.1 from angelcigs , I've been curious about them , basically fasttech with an american warehouse , don't worry about the brand for now results are all that really counts .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hrm. Seems the only thing I can find is that the kayfun lite is from fasttech

If it is the kayfun lite from fasttech then it has no AFC , but a lot of people call the R91% clone a kayfun lite clone , fasttech did originally but corrected the product description .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread