Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Basically, you slide the wick into the coil, cut to length, and fold the wicks straight up. Slide the chimney over the wicks and down onto base, screw on, then fold the wicks down and into place with a toothpick / small screwdriver.
That's it. The Super Secret Coffee Stain on my Counter Wicking method. I have no idea why it works, but I haven't burned any wicks since I started doing that.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Since I am awake and bored out of my skull, I thought I would check the order status on my Achilles ( Frog in Fog) and Veritas (fasttech). Neither has shipped yet....
150 years after the pony express and it's slower. Is this what you meant my "progress" earlier?

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Basically, you slide the wick into the coil, cut to length, and fold the wicks straight up. Slide the chimney over the wicks and down onto base, screw on, then fold the wicks down and into place with a toothpick / small screwdriver.
That's it. The Super Secret Coffee Stain on my Counter Wicking method. I have no idea why it works, but I haven't burned any wicks since I started doing that.

Papaw, that's the way I've been wicking my coils on my Kayfun 3.1's from the beginning. It works great.

My only problem with wicks has been sometimes making the wick too thick, which chokes off the juice supply and can lead to dry hits. I've learned to back off on the thickness of the wick so that it slides pretty easily through the coil, and that's about the right amount.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Coffee Stain on my Counter
I was just wondering where the '...Coffee Stain on my Counter...' came in?

I've used that method before and it does work well. I usually put the chamber piece on first then trim the wicks slightly above the chamber then tuck them in, but same results. Glad to hear you're getting good hits from it now. Cheers!

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Thought I'd update on a few things I've used lately.

The kbox was a waste of money for me. None of my drippers or other tanks had a long enough 510 to make it fire, despite the floating pin. It worked only with the subtank, ended up passing that on to someone else who was using it exclusively for their subtank.

The subtank rba section wasn't wicking at all no matter how much or little cotton I added. I was not letting $45 go to waste and was not about to buy premade coils for it, so hubby drilled out the juice channels in the deck for me. Apparently the subtank plus has the larger channels already so I must not have been the only one with this problem.

I now pretty much only use the subtank, mephisto clone, tobh v2, and the istick 30w and 50w. As funds allow I'll be getting another of each of these mods, I love them. They're perfect size and weight for me, and the battery life on the 50w is awesome for me.

Hubby got the lemo drop and is loving that as well. We've been shopping more and more at the local b&m, despite the owner being a dumbazz. Their prices are great (same as online by the time you pay shipping) and the rest of the people there are awesome and a lot of fun. They love talking to the kids and always have candy etc around. Next purchase there will be the second 50w istick and probably a new dripper (can't remember the name, but the airflow design was really neat, came from the bottom)

Anyway I'll shut up now lol

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thought I'd update on a few things I've used lately.

The kbox was a waste of money for me. None of my drippers or other tanks had a long enough 510 to make it fire, despite the floating pin. It worked only with the subtank, ended up passing that on to someone else who was using it exclusively for their subtank.

The subtank rba section wasn't wicking at all no matter how much or little cotton I added. I was not letting $45 go to waste and was not about to buy premade coils for it, so hubby drilled out the juice channels in the deck for me. Apparently the subtank plus has the larger channels already so I must not have been the only one with this problem.

I now pretty much only use the subtank, mephisto clone, tobh v2, and the istick 30w and 50w. As funds allow I'll be getting another of each of these mods, I love them. They're perfect size and weight for me, and the battery life on the 50w is awesome for me.

Hubby got the lemo drop and is loving that as well. We've been shopping more and more at the local b&m, despite the owner being a dumbazz. Their prices are great (same as online by the time you pay shipping) and the rest of the people there are awesome and a lot of fun. They love talking to the kids and always have candy etc around. Next purchase there will be the second 50w istick and probably a new dripper (can't remember the name, but the airflow design was really neat, came from the bottom)

Anyway I'll shut up now lol
Please, don't shut up. I think that 50w iStick got rid of the pulse width modulation and added a floating pin? True?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Please, don't shut up. I think that 50w iStick got rid of the pulse width modulation and added a floating pin? True?

The 30w version introduced the spring loaded connector... I'm uncertain about the PWM though, I pretty sure they just adjusted them so they read RMS values instead of the AVG ones the 20w used.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Yeah they definitely listened to the complaints and I can tell the difference in the heat. The 20w always seemed hotter than anything else at the same wattages and these don't have that problem. And yeah they both have the floating pin which is really nice when nothing seems to be the same length

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The 30w version introduced the spring loaded connector... I'm uncertain about the PWM though, I pretty sure they just adjusted them so they read RMS values instead of the AVG ones the 20w used.
I'm pretty sure that's what they did too. Anything is better than AVG.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey David (or anyone for that matter). Who makes those regulated squonking mods? I know there are at least a couple of them. And I think Samuel said Vapor Flask is coming out with one at some point as well. Got a fella on another thread who is curious. Thanks.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Anything above a certain voltage , I wanna say 3.7 but I'm not positive , on the Istick 50 is flatline , no PWM , anything below is PWM .
Ahh, that's right. We went through this before but my memory is all shot to hell these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread