Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
OH, SNAP!

Now they're asking me for my original email address that no longer exists. Hope it automatically forwards to the new Apple email.

The FT window is now hung!!! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! AAAAAAARRRRGGGG!

Emails are not typically forwarded automatically... One, there is no way for the email servers to know what the forwarding address would be unless they are told and then that is usually up to the user to setup. Another side to that is that many email addresses are tied to the service that is purchased by the user ( unlike free services such as Gmail etc ) and once that service is discontinued, the email account is also discontinued unless steps were taken by the user to have that service remain for a time and usually at a cost.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Chak, I thought I had my Ammit figured out. Two tankfuls and no leaks. Just re-filled it again this morning . . . and it dropped a load in my pocket. Back to the drawing board. :censored:

I took a look and your Ammit looks like the same style tank as my new Wotofo SMM Serpent. I've been battling leaks since I got it too. Fantastic flavor, so I've kept on trying and searching for an answer. I finally succeeded - so far.

My solution had to do with the amount of wick going through the deck holes into the lower juice chamber. I was thinning the cotton too much on the wick tails and therefore didn't have enough wick to help prevent extra juice from pooling on the deck. Hope this helps!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I took a look and your Ammit looks like the same style tank as my new Wotofo SMM Serpent. I've been battling leaks since I got it too. Fantastic flavor, so I've kept on trying and searching for an answer. I finally succeeded - so far.

My solution had to do with the amount of wick going through the deck holes into the lower juice chamber. I was thinning the cotton too much on the wick tails and therefore didn't have enough wick to help prevent extra juice from pooling on the deck. Hope this helps!
Common problem with a lot of attys.

Reactions: LAwaters

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Common problem with a lot of attys.

Yes, especially this design with the "floating" deck. My trouble was in searching for SMM Serpent leaking issues. The tank is too new and the info wasn't readily available. People, including the tank designer, said, "You need more wick!" So I had more wick *in the coil* but not enough wick in the tail.

They really need to be more specific for newbies! Or literal minded folks like me.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Lori, I think you're right. I'm gonna try building a coil with a larger inside diameter so it will hold more wick material without pinching.

The strange thing, though, is that I'll go through a tank with no leaking. And then, with the same wick and just a juice re-fill, the next tankful will leak.

Reactions: LAwaters

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Lori, I think you're right. I'm gonna try building a coil with a larger inside diameter so it will hold more wick material without pinching.

The strange thing, though, is that I'll go through a tank with no leaking. And then, with the same wick and just a juice re-fill, the next tankful will leak.

Same kind of thing I was experiencing. Somewhere I read that it's because when you take off the top cap, the atmospheric pressure gets in there and floods the deck. Once that liquid trail starts, it acts like a syphon.

This latest wick with thicker wick tails held up fine when I refilled earlier today. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Pappy

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I agree with the answers so far. Others may have already offered, but I'd be happy to send you 10 ft of rayon from the 500 ft I bought. PM me if you'd like. :)

I've not been able to pm yet, as not sure which button to click. Do you still have some extra rayon you'd send me just to try? Been using koh gen do, but my curiosity is peaked having read some folks' positive rayon experiences. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Bronze

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I've not been able to pm yet, as not sure which button to click. Do you still have some extra rayon you'd send me just to try? Been using koh gen do, but my curiosity is peaked having read some folks' positive rayon experiences. Thanks in advance!

Hi! Well that post was a long time ago - 2014! I've recently switched to organic cotton. I was still using that rayon box from 2014. I kept it sealed well, but decided it was too old. Long way of getting around to saying I'd gladly send you some if I had it, but I no longer have any. :)

You van send private messages (PM) using the Inbox button next to the Alerts button at the upper right of the forum page. Then click Start new conversation and type in the name of the member.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Some sort of giveaway that keeps popping up in my e-mail....

I've only seen the give-away email twice... the initial one Oliver messed up and the links did not work, so it was sent out again... so I'm not sure but "keeps popping up" may be an exaggeration unless you've gotten more than those.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Three times in my email at home, multiple times on my Smart phone.

But that still doesn't answer my question -
What are they giving away ?

Running - Win from Smoant! 15 Charon TS 218s up for grabs....

If your email at home and on your smartphone is accessing the same email account... then just count it as one even if it is seen on two devices since they'd both see the same single email.

I thought you were just being sarcastic when you asked at first ( since I actually read my emails etc )... despite you not adding a smiley or something to indicated it... my bad... :D

Reactions: Bronze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread