lets talk uwell crown V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
Hi y'all, so i picked up the v2 crown a couple a days ago. So far, eeehh. I like the size of it, 24 mm tank, and does look nice. Comes with a preinstalled .25 ss coil and a .5 ss coil, which is nice on my rx 200. But after a couple of days i have been getting a hit like a dry hit or hotspot. But everything is looking good. Popped the pin off and inspected. Its rated 60-100 watts(which i don't believe) i ran it 60, 55, 50 and as low as 40. burnt throat hit minor sizzle from coil. Its not my juice cause everything i have has been dripped, tanked and used in other atties. so the only thing i figure is the coil. Flavor is good, like the airflow. Even poked through the cotton like i did on the v1 crown. popped in the .5 (50-80 kinda believe) and awaiting to use it. (batteries needed to be charged)Anyone else with a v2 crown out their? Any or same issues?

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
Don't forget to juice your coils before you put it in your tank. Then give it ten minutes for it to break in. I'm so curious as to how this thing is vaping. The only sub ohm tanks I'll buy are the ones that come with a RTA deck so I can build my coils on when I'm at home..
i too am interested in the longevity of these coils. i prime them really well and let sit for a few minutes. im finding about half a tank breakin on these coils. but they are in constant, which uwell is known for. Ill get a few more coils when i see them for sale and test tis theory.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
theres an issue with some of the crown2 coils.Im at work so my internet is limited but search youtube there are vids and fixes
Yup easy fix. It's the first wrap that's a little close to the positive lead. So I took djlsb's advice and push that first wrap up a little a shortened the positive lead by snipping the curve bit and works like a charm. I also used a needle to poke through the cotton for an additional measure.same cotton trick as v1 coil.

Reactions: Tom Waznis
Hi y'all, so i picked up the v2 crown a couple a days ago. So far, eeehh. I like the size of it, 24 mm tank, and does look nice. Comes with a preinstalled .25 ss coil and a .5 ss coil, which is nice on my rx 200. But after a couple of days i have been getting a hit like a dry hit or hotspot. But everything is looking good. Popped the pin off and inspected. Its rated 60-100 watts(which i don't believe) i ran it 60, 55, 50 and as low as 40. burnt throat hit minor sizzle from coil. Its not my juice cause everything i have has been dripped, tanked and used in other atties. so the only thing i figure is the coil. Flavor is good, like the airflow. Even poked through the cotton like i did on the v1 crown. popped in the .5 (50-80 kinda believe) and awaiting to use it. (batteries needed to be charged)Anyone else with a v2 crown out their? Any or same issues?

Hearing they had to redo the new coils twice. Don't know if they are fixed yet. Not all the coils are bad. Looks like a wicking thing but I don't know.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
What is the easy fix? I am about to throw this tank in the garbage.
its kinda a fix where ya pull out the positive post and insulator push the coil up a little grab the positive lead and pull it a little and snip it. Then re assemble. It lets me hit at 35 watts but anything higher it goes to ....

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
Do is the coil that comes with the Crown not the new one? I'm getting the same burnt taste after day 2/3, but don't want to order another coil pack from evil if the issue is the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Their suposidly new. Even though they really are raffale coils. My opinion is that it's going to take them a few tries till they get it right. If ya need crown 2 coils pick up some raffale coils and switch the pin . Heck they will probably work better lol.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Ecig.com has the new coils if you want to try them. They're working great for me.
How are you sure that these are the v3 coils? The link you provided doesn't indicate that, and the image shown looks to be v2 on close-up. Reason I believe that is I had watched on a video that v2 had a black ring at the bottom while v3 has a gray one. The image on ecig shows coils with a black ring.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
How are you sure that these are the v3 coils? The link you provided doesn't indicate that, and the image shown looks to be v2 on close-up. Reason I believe that is I had watched on a video that v2 had a black ring at the bottom while v3 has a gray one. The image on ecig shows coils with a black ring.

The image is probably old. The coils have the gray ring and chrome finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread