Lets talk ZNA 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Why did you stick the switch on it? Lol. The derlin top insert makes the inner dims different than with zen's mechs. Try the 650s with th zna cap instead of the switch and it should fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

No not in the ZNA just with the tube, 510 top cap and bottom switch. Gonna call HoH tom.

Dude, don't you know anything?

It's called a caliper. I learned that in 7th grade shop!

I'm 26 we didn't have shop when I was in school, you must be old(er). No need to act like a ____ though

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
Picked up a nautilus at last week Vape Blast in Dallas. Hits almost as good as my Russian 91%s. View attachment 316656
Pyrex allows me to enjoy tank cracking juices and monitor levels where using solid metal tank of the R91 won't.

I didn't think I would ever buy another non rebuildable tank but I have heard a ton of good things about the Nautilus. Might have to give it a shot.

Last edited:

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I know this is a ZNA thread but I have been using the 18650 Z2 tube by its self lately (gf been won't put down the ZNA) and I really like it. I wish there was some type of lock for the bottom switch though. The throw is tougher though and I have never accidentally fired it (even in my pocket), just kind of a piece of mind thing. I've never owned any HoH products before so maybe there is a reason mike doesn't put one on. Other than that I love the Z2 tubes and want to get a Link RDA or a Zen genny to throw on top.

Was thinking if you were really that worried about it ,maybe if your doing something physical or what not, you could just put a thick rubber band above the switch.

Last edited:

joeaux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Central Florida
plus.google.com
Not sure why there's no lock on Zens tubes but I've kept my CT hybrid in my pocket a bunch and it's never fired on me. I understand the "peace of mind" thing though. And yeah, I agree with ya. Mikes tubes are awesome pieces of machining. Love the things. I needs me a Sidewinder but I'm waiting for a "Dem Bonez". Just waiting...

AlB53

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Rome NY
got this on monday, just the ZNA and the mouthpice, had the R91 ZNA,Russian 005.jpg it is VERY NICE...

801Zenfidel

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
SLC, UT
Using an 1100 mAh AW batt in mine I usuallly vape my Russian 91% at 13-14w @ 1.1-1.3 ohms and get 4-6 hours out of one depending on how bad the day has been :D I've had one last as long as 8-10 hours if I'm not hitting it but every 20-30+ mins. The 4-6 hour time frame is me hitting it every 5 mins or more often at those settings. The only way you see a massive battery drain on these is when you start getting sub ohm at really high wattage to keep the voltage/hit up. I've said it to multiple people, these devices are CAPABLE of doing some sub ohming but they are not ideal for it in any way. One of the things I showed one of the local shop owners that runs .4-.6 ohm coils all day was that at .5ohm you have to run the highest watt settings to get the equivelant of a mechs output.

thegcpu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Atlanta
Using an 1100 mAh AW batt in mine I usuallly vape my Russian 91% at 13-14w @ 1.1-1.3 ohms and get 4-6 hours out of one depending on how bad the day has been :D I've had one last as long as 8-10 hours if I'm not hitting it but every 20-30+ mins. The 4-6 hour time frame is me hitting it every 5 mins or more often at those settings. The only way you see a massive battery drain on these is when you start getting sub ohm at really high wattage to keep the voltage/hit up. I've said it to multiple people, these devices are CAPABLE of doing some sub ohming but they are not ideal for it in any way. One of the things I showed one of the local shop owners that runs .4-.6 ohm coils all day was that at .5ohm you have to run the highest watt settings to get the equivelant of a mechs output.

Totally agree!

As for the Vapor Shark having a 1200 mAh battery it does last about 10-15% longer. Funny thing is that after letting it run down twice to test battery life I have never let it run down again. It's nice having the build in charger, at my desk it's plugged in, in my car it's plugged in, at home it's plugged in. It's like I never worry about it. Mind you I have not been out all day away from a USB spigot.

801Zenfidel

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
SLC, UT
.5 ohms on this unit flat out wont run most of the time. The chip has an amp limit that causes it to trip and reset aboit 50% of the time. On a good sony vtc4 I get just as good of a vape for the first 60 to 90 mins as I get off of the zna. The zna has a sweet spot of .9 to 2.0 ohms imo. Anything higher go to a provari, anything lower go to a mech. The dna 30 devices are amazing but they still have their limitations.

801Zenfidel

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
SLC, UT
At .6-.8 ohm you won't have issues like reseting or fuse tripping. But at anything below .9 your watts are cranked so high to get decent voltage output that the battery takes enormous stress and on an 18490 the battery life sucks. The best overall consistent hit with decent battery life and not stressing the hardware is what I meant by the sweet spot.

801Zenfidel

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
SLC, UT
where can i buy one of these units?

Theyre extremely hard to get right now. The only retailers that sell them are electronicstix, steam monkey, and the zen retail shop. You can also try to buy one on ebay but usually at over retail right now.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No not in the ZNA just with the tube, 510 top cap and bottom switch. Gonna call HoH tom.

I'm 26 we didn't have shop when I was in school, you must be old(er). No need to act like a ____ though

They must have dumped shop around the same time they got rid of there, they're and their.

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island Talking Voodoo Doll Head named Murray

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
I run 0.7-0.9 single coils at 18-22 watts with an 18650 and I feel I get a longer enjoyable vape time than the same atty, same battery in a mech, and the big difference with the ZNA is the vape consistency.

The spot there is pretty damn sweet.

Are you comparing the 490 to a mech with a 490? Cause comparing the ZNA with a 490 to a mech with a 650 isn't fair at all.

I don't think anyone was advocating the ZNA as a better option for sub .5 ohm builds than a mech, nor better than a 'Vari for high ohm set ups.

With quite a few iterations on the ZNA ranging from .6-1.3 on a variety of attys and coil types I have yet to say to myself "man I should be using my mech."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread