Letter to an Allods Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triage

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Reading, Pa
I meant to post this a while ago, but since today is my 2 months of analog free, it's about time.

Everyone on this forum deserves a huge tip of the hat for all the great advice and information you share here. Having quit (and then quickly un-quit) smoking more times than I can count, there isn't really a word for how happy I've been with e-cigs. Zero analogs since the first battery charged.

As I said, everyone deserves a huge thanks, but I would like to try to find one person in particular. I was playing a game called Allods a few months back (I don't actually recommend it, but that's beside the point) when somebody started chatting about vaping in the general chat.

It was a simple "Anybody here into vaping, I wanna talk shop" sort of intro, that led to a little bit of back and forth between this guy and the analog smokers who were online at the time. He gave out decent info on using e-cigs as an alternative to analogs, and the conversation sort of trailed off, but that was what got me started.

It got me searching, got me here, got me into watching all the youtube videos and reading all the info, and most importantly got me off of analogs after 15 years, failed patches, failed gum and failed cold-turkey.

I wish I remembered what the player's name was, but I'm guessing that anyone passionate enough about it to start in with strangers in an anonymous chat may very well be a regular on these boards.

So, if you are around here somewhere, thank you so much! I can't thank you enough.

PS. It occurs to me that I used pronouns like "He" and "Him" throughout this, based on the assumption that playing Russian-made MMO games pretty well guarantees a male user, but I could be wrong.... I apologize if I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread