ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Hopefully soon but it is rated at 5A by LG and will be best used at 3A/10W or less.

Based on your tests Mooch, I recently reordered some Sony VTC6's to replace some aging 30Q's, VTC6's, and HG2's in my battery collection. Thanks for your continued diligence in helping us sort out the right batteries for different vaping ranges. I'm a 10W vaper who typically sees around 3.3 amps on the display, so I'm one who can choose higher MAH batteries and get longer vape times on a charge.

Your video comparing voltage sag helped me to pick the VTC6 as the best of the three for my 10W vaping style. You probably don't realize just how much you are revered by vapers. Thanks for your testing and advice.

Last edited:

NLVaper69

Mar 24, 2018
    Based on your tests Mooch, I recently reordered some Sony VTC6's to replace some aging 30Q's, VTC6's, and HG2's in my battery collection.

The VTC6's are very good indeed, hard hitting and last long. But in the long run, the HG2's are more durable. the wraps of the VTC6's are very soft and get damaged quickly while the HG2 just seem to last forever. I have 4 vtc6 that are only a year old and have to be replaced already, while my HG2 that I bought a year before the VTC6's still look (and perform) like new.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    The VTC6's are very good indeed, hard hitting and last long. But in the long run, the HG2's are more durable. the wraps of the VTC6's are very soft and get damaged quickly while the HG2 just seem to last forever. I have 4 vtc6 that are only a year old and have to be replaced already, while my HG2 that I bought a year before the VTC6's still look (and perform) like new.

I have multiples of VTC6, 30Q, and HG2. They've all performed well. Since they've been purchased at different times and used in varying combinations (paired and marked) it's hard to say which is better for my 10W vaping style. They all get different levels of use.

This time I decided to go with VTC6 for replacements after watching Mooch's video that compared initial voltage sag with the three. VTC6 started out much higher and remained on top throughout the discharge curve, so it seems that the Sony will perform slightly better in my particular application. High wattage users may experience different results from the VTC6 than me.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread