Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'm new to vaping, and all of my pals make fun of me for it. I'm wondering if there's a LGBT vaping community? Not hate please.
Not to my knowledge. Further down the main page there is a community section but I believe it’s broken down into regional or cities or something. Last time I looked it didn’t get much traffic but maybe there is something there for you. Or you could just hang with the rest of us and talk vaping. I don’t think you’ll get hate for talking vape. There is a lounge section if you want to participate in name calling and arguing politics, I think it’s the outside section of the lounge. Sorta anything goes there. Anyway that’s all I got, good luck to you and if you have any vape questions ask away, there is a wealth of knowledge about that here.

Last edited by a moderator:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm new to vaping, and all of my pals make fun of me for it. I'm wondering if there's a LGBT vaping community? Not hate please.

I'm a little confused.
Are you looking for a LGBT vaping forum, because you are LGBT, but your friends who are...don't vape, so you can't discuss vaping with them?

Or, are your friends not LGBT, but they're making fun of you...like vaping is supposedly somehow a LGBT "thing"?

If it's the first one, I think there's a forum right here on ECF. I'll see if I can go find it and post a link for you. However, if you need help with something about vaping, we don't care about anyone's sexuality, race, etc. on ECF...so just ask away and I'm sure you'll get help.

If it's the 2nd one...I'd tell your friends to stop being ridiculous! That's like thinking that drinking alcohol, or smoking, or riding motorcycles, or golfing, etc. is representsative of a particular group of people. There are vapers of all races, religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, etc.

ETA: By the way, I'm not LGBT, but I thought the word "queer" wasn't acceptable any more. Maybe it's just my opinion though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I'm not hating but I am curious why vapers need to be divided in any manner. What does sexual orientation have to do with vaping? I thought I'd finally found one place where people weren't self divided except over vaping issues ie squonkers VS rdas VS atty, or drop in VS pre-made VS hand made coils. No matter the different ways of vaping we're all vapers. Can't we just be one community without trying to subdivide in this manner? I'm sorry but this saddens me

aveytare

Jun 25, 2018
I'm a little confused.
Are you looking for a LGBT vaping forum, because you are LGBT, but your friends who are...don't vape, so you can't discuss vaping with them?

Or, are your friends not LGBT, but they're making fun of you...like vaping is supposedly somehow a LGBT "thing"?

If it's the first one, I think there's a forum right here on ECF. I'll see if I can go find it and post a link for you. However, if you need help with something about vaping, we don't care about anyone's sexuality, race, etc. on ECF...so just ask away and I'm sure you'll get help.

If it's the 2nd one...I'd tell your friends to stop being ridiculous! That's like thinking that drinking alcohol, or smoking, or riding motorcycles, or golfing, etc. is representsative of a particular group of people. There are vapers of all races, religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, etc.

ETA: By the way, I'm not LGBT, but I thought the word "queer" wasn't acceptable any more. Maybe it's just my opinion though. ;)

We've taken back the word queer as an umbrella term. Yeah, it's my lgbt group of friends who make fun of me for vaping. Obviously I'm happy to hang out with anyone regardless of orientation, but I thought it would be neat to meet other vapers out there like me. Thanks for the suggestions though!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
We've taken back the word queer as an umbrella term. Yeah, it's my lgbt group of friends who make fun of me for vaping. Obviously I'm happy to hang out with anyone regardless of orientation, but I thought it would be neat to meet other vapers out there like me. Thanks for the suggestions though!

However, there are many that still find the word offensive so please refrain here - thank you kindly

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The wide variety of vapers and vaping advocates I've run into on Twitter where I get to see their life don't seem to care. Most are libertarian but there are a few conservative Christians. I don't know how they think but I haven't ever blocked vapers except 1 who was trolling vape topics and 2 liberals who called me names for not agreeing with them on topics outside of vaping.

I think you'd be fine hanging out talking vaping with vapers.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yeah, it's my lgbt group of friends who make fun of me for vaping.

OH...so they'd rather you were still a smoker (assuming you were one)? Not very friendly of them to make fun of you for trying to become healthier and to stay that way. However, there are people who are misinformed and/or uninformed about vaping, and are often very opinionated concerning who should or shouldn't vape. The LGBT community doesn't have the corner on the market for people like that though, not by a long shot!

So, just pull up a chair, join in some discussions, ask your vape related questions or answer some for others, etc. We're generally a very friendly, helpful, group of people...representative of all walks of life, all age groups (from barely legal, to in their 80's), from locations all over the world, and with many different levels of experience with vaping. IMO, you'll fit in just fine! :thumbs:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Welcome to the forum! Lots of us gay folks hanging around here for sure, and just in general this forum is full of helpful friendly vapers.

Also, making fun of people for vaping is not exclusive to lgbt friends, haha, all my friends made fun of me when I first started but they all stopped when they realized it was working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread