"Lifetime" Supply Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the current winds of legislation and my complete lack of faith in reasonable legislation I'm contemplating stockpiling some nicotine in the off chance that raw supplies for e-juice get taxed to oblivion if not outright banned. I have yet to start diy e-juice so I don't have a bead on how much nicotine would be appropriate to have on hand or if it holds up over long periods of time even. So any of you diyers have any input?

P.S. - I plan to foray into diy when work slows down in a couple months, just don't have the time to commit to it right now.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Nude Armor – 100mg/mL Nicotine Base – EXTENDED SHELF LIFE nicotine from nude nicotine is specially packaged for LONG TERM storage.

I am stockpiling Nicotine and just purchased 500ML of nude nicotine's regular 100MG nic for use over the next 2 years....along with the gallon of PG and Gallon of VG I will have base for 13ML a day at 6MG level (enough for all the vapers in my family). My next purchase will be the Nude Armor (4 120ML bottles of Nude Armor) for use after my original nicotine is used up. I also like the flavor concentrates they sell for ease of use. My hope is that more vendors will sell concentrated flavors if taxation/regulation is excessive.

In my opinion the nicotine will be the hardest/most taxed ingredient in our e-juice...PG/VG and flavorings would be much harder to control as they have many other uses.

What a lifetime supply would be for you is something you would have to calculate...how much juice do you use per day ? at what nic level ? and how long you plan to vpae ?

Last edited:

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
thanks i read that and figure frozen it would be just fine but now i am curious to know how long the nude armor would last the description says upwards of two years but for the price difference makes me wonder if it is worth it or just a gimmick like nitrogen in your tires.

gimmick. Nicotine is nicotine. it will last many years frozen regardless of what you put in it

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
gimmick. Nicotine is nicotine. it will last many years frozen regardless of what you put in it
seems about right
i was thinking about mixing up about 6 months to a years worth of various juices so i can let them steep. from what i have read on shelf life that should be fine gotta prepare for the worst case scenario .
thanks for the info.

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not advisable

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
seems about right
i was thinking about mixing up about 6 months to a years worth of various juices so i can let them steep. from what i have read on shelf life that should be fine gotta prepare for the worst case scenario .
thanks for the info.

I've had a couple liquids that were 18 months old. The taste was fine(for what it was, not the best vendor) and the nicotine was still potent.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
any suggestions on how to freeze it? anything special? special containers? glass? should you leave space for expansion? I keep seeing a "about a couple of years" as far as how long it lasts.. but is that 2? 2 and a half? or could it possibly be longer?

great thread, was gonna ask this after ordering a larger amount of nic a week or so down the road..

Zach904

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Jax, Fl
I regularly see people give a lifespan of 2 years for frozen nicotine... So I can expect 100mg nicotine to still be 100mg nicotine for 2 years? And then it starts to deteriorate meaning the nicotine breaks down? So... lets say at 3 years the 100mg nicotine is testing at 80mg..? then another year its at 60mg and so on? Because if that's the case, I can live with that. It would take a decade before the nicotine becomes completely useless...

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
any suggestions on how to freeze it? anything special? special containers? glass? should you leave space for expansion? I keep seeing a "about a couple of years" as far as how long it lasts.. but is that 2? 2 and a half? or could it possibly be longer?

great thread, was gonna ask this after ordering a larger amount of nic a week or so down the road..

put it in amber glass bottles. fill them as much as possible leaving little air space in the top. The nicotine liquid is usually either pg or vg or a combination and they don't expand with freezing like water does. Water is the only liquid that expands when it freezes.

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
I regularly see people give a lifespan of 2 years for frozen nicotine... So I can expect 100mg nicotine to still be 100mg nicotine for 2 years? And then it starts to deteriorate meaning the nicotine breaks down? So... lets say at 3 years the 100mg nicotine is testing at 80mg..? then another year its at 60mg and so on? Because if that's the case, I can live with that. It would take a decade before the nicotine becomes completely useless...

I don't have stats for you but that's probably on the extreme end.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
put it in amber glass bottles. fill them as much as possible leaving little air space in the top. The nicotine liquid is usually either pg or vg or a combination and they don't expand with freezing like water does. Water is the only liquid that expands when it freezes.

did not know that. I learn something new about electricity, chemistry or other things every day I log in here. So much easier to retain it in this fashion than it was back in highschool with a teacher monotonously gibbering numbers and weird words at me.

would you suggest something like this for storage?

231388.jpg

and forgive the ignorance, but what about when you need to use it? wouldn't that leave airspace at the top after you pour some out? would you use smaller bottles? don't know if the people I live with would be ok giving up the freezer space multiple bottles of nic would take Lol! they've already gotten tired of me talking about it and playing with my stuff haha but if that's the way I would have to go..

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
there are no hard and fast rules as the specifics have not been studied in a frozen state...Light and air lead to oxidation and slight weakening of strength and degradation of taste. Storing in dark glass with as little air and light as possible will give you the longest life span. Nicotine will not freeze solid in a home freezer as they do not get cold enough. I intend to store mine in 50ML amber bottles inside a box in the coldest part of my freezer. There are test kits available to test the nicotine strength and I may invest in a few of those as well

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
did not know that. I learn something new about electricity, chemistry or other things every day I log in here. So much easier to retain it in this fashion than it was back in highschool with a teacher monotonously gibbering numbers and weird words at me.

would you suggest something like this for storage?

231388.jpg

smaller containers would be better so you are not needing to thaw(or better to say bring to room temp) whole amount every time you want to mix juice...again a matter of less air and light exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread