The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by milo hobo, May 13, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. milo hobo

milo hobo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Charles La
    So maybe I'm just silly, but wouldn't it be quite possible to make a 14500 or even 10440 designed to look like a lightsaber hilt? Maybe add an led light aimed right around the base of the 510 connector and use a cartotank (or something like that) to make the blade (read, tank) light up? I don't mod, just don't have the skill, materials, time, or craftsmanship; but this is completely possible, right?

I'm thinking it would need to be a miniture lightsaber so that the clearomizer/cartotank wouldn't so tiny in comparison, it would look more proportional.

My idea would be to have a master on/off switch that turns on the led (read, blade), then the button would fire up the cartomizer.

It probably wouldn't be as good as most set ups, but my inner nerd is dancing just thinking about it.

2. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    It would definitely be possible :) In fact, you could always mod a toy or replica like this (probably easier than creating from scratch for some people)

3. Shushianae

Shushianae Full Member

That would be pretty awesome! Let's face it who doesn't want to be a Jedi (or site for those that swing that way I don't judge)?

4. bhami007

bhami007 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2012
    Texas, USA
    That would be cool. Seem like I saw some one a year or so ago use one of the replica lightsabers to incase their pv, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the forum that was posted.

Actually the first time I saw a GG the first thing I thought was "New lightsaber?" :laugh:

5. VictoryNotVengence

VictoryNotVengence Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2009
    USA
    I've petitioned (sp?) alot of modders about this specifically, i even went as far as buying one of those true size lightsaber hilts from think geek . com. Non of the modders want'd to attempt it (other than the one who said they would but just ended up stealing $60 from me, not so Jolly about that). The hilt is freaken heavy though, i don't think i'd want to carry that around in my pocket all day, my pants might fall down.

Oh well, if you find someone who will take it on let me know, i still have this unvapable saber hanging around.

6. milo hobo

Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Charles La
    So I'm thinking that what I have in mind would require more than just a special battery case. I'm thinking that in order to look somewhat proportional the "blade" (read: tank) would have to be very long or would have to either at the base of the "blade" or at the tip of the "blade."

If it was the entire length of the blade it would need to be pretty darn long, the entire unit would be 150 mm at least (assuming a 10440 battery plus switch being about 50 mm, entire "blade" length would need to be at least double that or it would look funny.) and thus the tank would have to be 100 mm. That is kind of rediculous and not very feasible as that cartomizers don't come that long.

So if it was at the top, you'd have to have a long extender from the hilt to the actual cartotank. If you had it at the bottom, that is alot of length before the vapor reaches your mouth.

In addition to all this the cartotank would need clear if not transparent seals so that the light would run the length of the blade. How do modders takle these kind of problems?

7. VictoryNotVengence

Nov 27, 2009
    USA
    you could put a motor city mods 5v booster with leds inside on the 510 connector to simulate the blade. they arn't on his site right now but if you send him a facebook message i'm sure he would make you one, its a tube and lights up red.

EasyShop - Motor City Modz

or you could use a ce2 with a led inside, but ce2's suck to vape on.

8. <---cop

<---cop Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2011
    Australia
    I have plans...........

[​IMG]

9. HawkeyeFLA

HawkeyeFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    Hmmm. Here at Disney they sell those build your own light saber kits at a few places. But I think it's mostly plastic. Don't know how well it would hold up to heat and having batteries in it. I'm gonna be at Hollywood Studios for a bit tomorrow (Star Wars Weekend!!!). I'll take a look and see how the construction of the handle feels.

Personally I am not all that big on the whole turn everything into a PV, but my inner geek does like this idea. Even if it's just something sitting at home to bring out for the wow factor.

10. jiff

jiff Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Arizona
    Why does sucking on the end of a lightsabre seem like a bad idea to my inner nerd? ???

:p

11. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
  12. rondasherrill

rondasherrill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2012
    Valhalla
  13. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    My first thought is, anything that is going to look proportional with a "blade", is not going to be "pocketable".

That being said, Cop's picture gives me a few ideas.

The battery would obviously go in the lower part of the hilt, and a tank would fit in the end that is emitting light.
    For best effect the tank would be all clear parts. I'm thinking lexan caps, instead of delrin, would allow light to shine
    all the way through. Of course you would have to stay away from the acidic juices that "frost" or crack tanks.
    That would almost be pocketable, and for the "cool" factor, you could make a long "drip tip" out of a lexan
    tube. The tube should glow from the light coming through the tank, and you may even get an added effect
    from the vapor in the tube as you vape.

Now excuse me while I go wipe the drool from my beard. :facepalm:

14. rookbartley989

rookbartley989 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    SoCal
    We need to form a club!!!

[​IMG]

Ron -

15. spraintz

spraintz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
  16. milo hobo

Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Charles La
    I think that it could be made "almost reasonably" proportional if one uses the ego mini. It would still be tiny, but functional. However, for total bad@ssness, I'd probably try the arc wave saber.

17. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
  18. rookbartley989

rookbartley989 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    SoCal
    I think with that pen you may be able to shove a AAA up in there lol...might go good with a CE2 clearo/LED mod.

Ron -

P.S. I have seen those Park sabers, very nice stuff indeed...I think I would get the kit parts and build my own, I have an Anakin Force FX original one, looks pretty much like the Graphlex flash one.

19. VictoryNotVengence

Nov 27, 2009
    USA
  20. VetMist

VetMist Full Member Verified Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Could you just make a unit to place in between the carto/addy/tank/whatever which lit up and the mod? You would have to account for the added resistance, but that would allow you to light up any tank you wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.