"Like / Dislike" System For Flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

ECF Veteran
I know there are reviews on the site and an occasional review here but never any thing concrete.

We need a thread or a page that has a thumbs up and thumbs down for each flavor. This way we could get more of the masses to vote and get some concrete stuff.

I really think we need this... I am tired of trying carts that 2 or 3 people hype and they turn out to be horrible. And the majority agrees that they are horrible as well.

Example...

*Menthol*
(92 Like)<--clickable comments (14 Dislike)<---clickable comments
(Like) (Dislike)<--- clickable to vote and or comment

It seems like a bit much but this would really help EVERYONE make more concrete choices with less disapointment and much more money saved.

I would LOVE to see this done either on the forum or on the site.

:2c:

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
The only problem is that everyone's tastes are different. That is why some people rave about juice that I can't stand. I know several members now who have the same kind of tastes as me and I use them as a guide for what I would like. Maybe you could try starting a thread listing the juices you like and why you like them and ask others to post who also like those. Then you can chat with them about other flavors to try.

Luma

ECF Veteran
The only problem is that everyone's tastes are different. That is why some people rave about juice that I can't stand. I know several members now who have the same kind of tastes as me and I use them as a guide for what I would like. Maybe you could try starting a thread listing the juices you like and why you like them and ask others to post who also like those. Then you can chat with them about other flavors to try.

Then would would have threads of all kinds of flavors all over the place...

A one page mass voting system would be a great thing I believe.

lonercom

ECF Veteran
It's a bit out of date but this is mine:

V4Lreviews.jpg

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
What would make this work well would be an ability to sort by ratios and numbers. Meaning... something like, first flavor is 90% love and 10% ick, but only has 10 votes. second flavor has 40% love and 60% ick, but has 400 votes. The second flavor should rate higher than the first. You could also have an ' people who liked this also liked' bit similar to amazon.

Subjective things like this can be solved, just a matter of putting the right predictive map in place along with tons of data.

To have a flat vote box would not be very useful as lots of people might use the list, buy something, and disagree. the more the data is intertwined the better.

:::Absolutely, tastes change. I cycle my liquids from front of shelf to back once they get blah. once i get back to them they are win again. If you ever find all flavors are blah a nice mouthful of salt or something. Not sure on the salt thing, just a guess that it might do.. something? to cleanse the palate :D. dont go eating a cup of salt without asking google first :D

Last edited:

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
I am finding that expectations by title are effecting my likes and dislikes. I just put up a thread where I said that the Wow Cinnaroll tastes like burnt cinnamon. After reading a poster's reply where she said it tasted like Big Red gum to her I tried it a couple of hours later. It DOES taste like Big Red gum, but NOT the Cinnamon Roll I expected. So knowing that, I find the juice "ok" and vapable.

Last edited:
There is also a flavor rater system. May also be a little out of date.
V4L Flavour Rater

Hey, that thing is pretty awesome.

Here's another thing to consider as a problem. I have found that a flavor changes from strength to strength. Like, at...say, 12mg it tastes one way, but at my preferred 24mg, the flavor and all the other variables change, at least, this is what I have found.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
Hey, that thing is pretty awesome.

Here's another thing to consider as a problem. I have found that a flavor changes from strength to strength. Like, at...say, 12mg it tastes one way, but at my preferred 24mg, the flavor and all the other variables change, at least, this is what I have found.

The general consensus is that higher NIC levels translate to less flavor. But different flavors react differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread