Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
It's probably just a temporary bug due to some work that's going on right now, but just in case it's not I thought I'd report it ;-) I can't "like" any posts, the button is there but doesn't do anything at all when clicked. The feature worked a little while ago, but not during my current login session (within the last few minutes)

Problem fixed :D See here for details: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...293255-likes-arent-working-2.html#post6004417

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Must be my end . . . I'll log off, clear cache, yada-yada and report back EDIT: nope, still not working . . . any ideas? running FF11 on Windows 7, haven't changed any settings anywhere or updated any programs between the times of feature working and not working. And now my posts aren't retaining the formatting that I'm typing (this just started). I had two carriage returns between the original post and the edit and it all ran together after posting. I gotta shut down and hit the sack, anyway, will be back tomorrow

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
It's probably just a temporary bug due to some work that's going on right now, but just in case it's not I thought I'd report it ;-) I can't "like" any posts, the button is there but doesn't do anything at all when clicked. The feature worked a little while ago, but not during my current login session (within the last few minutes)

It's working for me.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Must be my end . . . I'll log off, clear cache, yada-yada and report back EDIT: nope, still not working . . . any ideas? running FF11 on Windows 7, haven't changed any settings anywhere or updated any programs between the times of feature working and not working. And now my posts aren't retaining the formatting that I'm typing (this just started). I had two carriage returns between the original post and the edit and it all ran together after posting. I gotta shut down and hit the sack, anyway, will be back tomorrow

tell us the skin you are using for this forum

mine is vb 4 main

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
This whole place has gone a bit keeky to say the least last night just before midnight..it cut all of the longer threads in 2...and people were looking everywhere for them..pics would load...then not...same with likes....the moderators were notified..it's not them..they are looking into it...its' been a weird night...!! It will load a pic I guess if it 'likes' to :) ha...it's just so crazy....I hoped by now it would be fixed...but not yet...can post pics sometime and then nope....take care..! :)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
tell us the skin you are using for this forum mine is vb 4 main
Using the "blackened red" skin. And I've also got another new thing happening now. When I quote a post, it goes right to the advanced editor page instead of the quick reply box (and all of my editor buttons are missing, I have to type BBCode manually, though the smileys are still there under the text box even though clicking them doesn't do anything) . . . I even went through my settings in my user control panel and nothing is different from before. And "likes" still don't work for me. I've received several since last night, but I can't give them and my formatting still goes to hell when I post, this post should have displayed as 3 separate blocks of text with a blank line in between each, even the quoted text lost it's formatting, that's the most irritating part. I could live without likes and smileys, but this formatting issue is ticking me off . . .

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
NoScript was the culprit. I don't know why, but there was an unfamiliar domain being blocked that I had never seen before, so I temporarily allowed it and all was fine. I've now made that permission permanent :)

For any other Noscript users who encounter this, here's the domain that I needed to allow: netdna-cdn.com

Thanks for trying to help, Liscab, I appreciate it :)

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
NoScript was the culprit. I don't know why, but there was an unfamiliar domain being blocked that I had never seen before, so I temporarily allowed it and all was fine. I've now made that permission permanent :)

For any other Noscript users who encounter this, here's the domain that I needed to allow: netdna-cdn.com

Thanks for trying to help, Liscab, I appreciate it :)

netdna-cdn.com is the content delivery network for ECF. It was recently added to help speed up page loading times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread