Back button using Firefox browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Well ive turned off AdBlock Plus to see if it replicates and waited. Mine is still fine.

In older versions of FireFox you had browser.frames.enabled which can be set to false to disable iframes. Im not really sure if you can add that string to newer versions or not.

At this time the only other thing i can suggest is installing AdBlock Plus and remove any other ad blockers. Its worth a shot and its available directly through the FireFox addons.
Adblock Plus

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Well ive turned off AdBlock Plus to see if it replicates and waited. Mine is still fine.

In older versions of FireFox you had browser.frames.enabled which can be set to false to disable iframes. Im not really sure if you can add that string to newer versions or not.

At this time the only other thing i can suggest is installing AdBlock Plus and remove any other ad blockers. Its worth a shot and its available directly through the FireFox addons.
Adblock Plus
I do have Adblock Plus installed and for me, it makes no difference if it is enabled or disabled for ECF - I still have to press the back button 6 times - grrrrrrrrrr:(

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sports fans, just as an FYI Oliver is attempting to work on resolving this issue for us with his development team.
and I think it is fixed. Both the back button and the refresh button are working for me this morning. I hope they are for you too Marc.

Big Thanks to those working behind the scenes trying to get everything back up and running properly.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
That's good to hear and yes right now I'm good.

It's real important to mentioned that with everything Oliver had going on he worked with me for a little over an hour attempting to find the root cause of the problem. Running a forum this size has a ton of daily burdens, I know because I own one myself just smaller and it can sometimes be a PITA. For him to take time to work on a membership issue when he is attempting a major upgrade to the website speaks volumes to his support for the membership.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
That's good to hear and yes right now I'm good.

It's real important to mentioned that with everything Oliver had going on he worked with me for a little over an hour attempting to find the root cause of the problem. Running a forum this size has a ton of daily burdens, I know because I own one myself just smaller and it can sometimes be a PITA. For him to take time to work on a membership issue when he is attempting a major upgrade to the website speaks volumes to his support for the membership.
Thanks to you and @Oliver for all the hard work, but I'm still having the same back button problem. It is OK on the Forum front page and ad-free areas like "Blogs" etc, but as soon as I go into a thread with adverts, I'm pressing that button 6 times to get back out.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey gang - just to reassure you that the devs are trying to resolve this. I did some experiments with @Marc411 the other day and was able to locate the issue - it's now up to the devs to work out a solution.

This is a bit above my pay grade so I can't tell you for certain that there will be a solution - but we are working on it right now. I really don't want to "tell you to use another browser", so I am trying to get this fixed.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Also, for clarity, can those experiencing this confirm that this issue started recently (in the last 6 weeks) since I started making changes and was never a problem before?
I've been reading around this a bit..

Can those of you that are seeing this problem tell me whether you're using the 32 or 64 bit version of FF?

My version of Firefox is 56.0.2 (32 bit)

Also, for clarity, can those experiencing this confirm that this issue started recently (in the last 6 weeks) since I started making changes and was never a problem before?

Yes, it started in the last 6 weeks and was never a problem before.

To be a bit more precise, I think it started on or around 1 or 2 October, so 4 weeks ago. It did seem to resolve for a short while sometime between then and now but is definitely still a problem at the moment.

I do appreciate your spending time on this.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I've been reading around this a bit..

Can those of you that are seeing this problem tell me whether you're using the 32 or 64 bit version of FF?
Out of interest, I've just logged in on my husband's computer which is running Firefox 56.0.2 (64 bit) and had the same back button problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread