Line V2 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
When I got my line V2 I got the recommended Kandthal wire and mesh.

Using Igetcha's tutorial I completed the setup per the tutorial. Worked OK but the throat hit was way to much. I kinda got discouraged and slacked on vaping for a bit.

Interest renewed I turned down the voltage still to much hit (kinda like creeper weed). I went back to me Ce2's and have been ok with that.

Current day:

I have tried adding wraps to the coil hoping that would lesson the hit. Now I cant seem go get the coil to heat properly. Have used the "no quench" "Drill bit" ect. I do see some residual vapor rising up from what looks like the base of the short post. But not much heat to the coil. Voltage setting makes no difference. And it dims the LED's on my VV turbo radically. I just checked it with a three wrap coil and no wick. And a single wire post to post. no red: residual vapor at the base of the short post. The post do not appear to be bent loose or damaged in any visible way.

I really dont want to send it back. It took me a lifetime to get it here in the first place.

Did I screw up the inards somehow?? If so is there a way for me (without destroying it) to get to the inards?

The whole thing has become a PITA. Its expensive and nice to look at. It makes me vapor sad.

thanks in advance
Bryan

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
When I got my line V2 I got the recommended Kandthal wire and mesh.

Using Igetcha's tutorial I completed the setup per the tutorial. Worked OK but the throat hit was way to much. I kinda got discouraged and slacked on vaping for a bit.

Interest renewed I turned down the voltage still to much hit (kinda like creeper weed). I went back to me Ce2's and have been ok with that.

Current day:

I have tried adding wraps to the coil hoping that would lesson the hit. Now I cant seem go get the coil to heat properly. Have used the "no quench" "Drill bit" ect. I do see some residual vapor rising up from what looks like the base of the short post. But not much heat to the coil. Voltage setting makes no difference. And it dims the LED's on my VV turbo radically. I just checked it with a three wrap coil and no wick. And a single wire post to post. no red: residual vapor at the base of the short post. The post do not appear to be bent loose or damaged in any visible way.

I really dont want to send it back. It took me a lifetime to get it here in the first place.

Did I screw up the inards somehow?? If so is there a way for me (without destroying it) to get to the inards?

The whole thing has become a PITA. Its expensive and nice to look at. It makes me vapor sad.

thanks in advance
Bryan

All my original lines shorted in the short post (+). Had to take them apart PITA and replace the isolation with a new ptfe 18g tube.
Here is a thread on how to take them apart.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-complete-disassembly-fix-12.html#post4700687

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Dude thanks.

When you refer to "isolation" you are talking about the plastic tube covering the wire correct??

Not sure how quickly I can find a ptfe 18g tube. Do you thing color guard would work??

Thanks again. got it half way apart

Yes the tubing that covers the silver wire, ptfe used because of its high temp tolerance. You can also use heat shrink tape, I replace my pos post and make it the longer one so it keeps the heat further from the isolator and let the isolator on the pos post stick out a little higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread