Liquid level not right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronEagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2009
Boston MA USA
Hi everyone. So I started to DIY my own liquid tonight and made a few small batches. The first batch I added a bit to much vg and it was hard to draw. ok lesson learned. So I finally found a decent mix but am having 2 problems. First is im using the online calc to determine the proper mix. Making 3ml "test" batches.

Well I have been using a few 3ml bottles but my "homebrew" only fills the bottle half way. I tested my dropper with water and its 21 drops to a ml. Im stumped! Second issue is throat hit. Not getting much of a throat hit. Im using PG based unflavored 60 mg to 24 mg strength, cut it with pg, and am adding 15% vg for good vapor with 10% flavoring. Any ideas where im going wrong? Thanks.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Drops are not necessarily the same size even coming from the same device. It also depends on the fluid used. Which is why I don't like to use drops as a unit. Better to use mililiters, then you don't have these problems.
Easiest way to do that, use syringes. Differently sized ones, if you have to. Many 1ml indicated down to 0.01ml, that should be sufficiently precise.

IronEagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2009
Boston MA USA
Drops are not necessarily the same size even coming from the same device. It also depends on the fluid used. Which is why I don't like to use drops as a unit. Better to use mililiters, then you don't have these problems.
Easiest way to do that, use syringes. Differently sized ones, if you have to. Many 1ml indicated down to 0.01ml, that should be sufficiently precise.

Yea this was it. I rear loaded the syringes and it worked well. Dropped the VG down to 10% but still having issues. Going to try the vodka trick and see where that takes me. Thanks a million guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread