Status
Not open for further replies.

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Liquid smoke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discuss.

NOTE: I hereby absolve myself of all responsibility of what anyone does in response to reading this. I will not try this myself, and do not suggest that anyone does.

Theoretically, though--if one were to make 'liquid smoke' from tobacco, and filter out the tar and some of the other junk...

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
The Lazy Kettle brand of liquid smoke is made differently. Hickory and a little mesquite are burned at a low temperature, then the smoke is captured and diverted into a tunnel, says Lawrence Ames, president of Honest Foods. In the tunnel, a constant stream of distilled water is channeled through the smoke to pick up the flavor. The liquid is then filtered to remove any sediment or oil before bottling. There are no additional ingredients.

All Natural Hickory Liquid Smoke.

This concentrated liquid smoke is unique. Rich hickory flavor adds a wonderful, smokey flavor to all your favorite foods.

When would you use liquid smoke? If you are cooking indoors, but want the flavor of the open grill, just add a few drops of smoke on your meat. A drop in the bean dip will add a wonderful flavor. We use it in ketchup for our burgers. Guys that like making beef or venison jerkey use our smoke in the seasoning. When you make your marinade, use smoke for that out of doors flavor. Add some to your store-bought BBQ sauce, marinade, or dressing.

Liquid smoke is real smoke, not some concoction meant to taste like smoke. Lazy Kettle All Natural Liquid Smoke has only one ingredient: All Natural Liquid Smoke.

Lazy Kettle Liquid Smoke uses a delicate balance of both hickory and mesquite for to achieve this gourmet flavor and aroma. Wonderful stuff!​

So let me get this straight...no oils, no molasses, just flavor? Might this be an ingredient for e-liquid?

Or would inhaling actual smoke defeat the whole purpose of vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread