Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The clock on my BME ("Best mod Ever!") is preslicely 4.5 hours slow right now. As if not bad enuf, next week, it will be FIVE point five hours slow. IT can deal with it, cuz I sure won't.

KD, another on the long list of DST detesters. :grr:

When we first got them, I set it to the atomic clock (like anything else). It's now 2-3 minutes FAST (mod says 07:03, at 07:00).

To be honest, I hadn't looked at the clock until now, so it's not much impact. But I wouldn't let my (theoretical) pilots fly by it - that's for sure.

I'm a DST change detester. I want DST 365 :)

Bah! Humbug!!!

;)

"REAL Time" (tyvm!). :cool:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Time zones and "standard" time can all be blamed on the rail roads. Hard to meet (or catch!) a train if nobody knows what the time is.

Why Do We Have Time Zones?

LAT, Local Apparent Time, has sadly joined the dodo, so we're forced into adapting to the "standard." The biggest problems come with the change, either way. Eliminate the change, and eliminate some of the attendant health issues. Whether always "standard" or always daylight savings doesn't much matter to me any more. I'm retired, so get up when I want :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The clock on my BME ("Best mod Ever!") is preslicely 4.5 hours slow right now. As if not bad enuf, next week, it will be FIVE point five hours slow.

Kat...I'm pretty sure that you'll (rather quickly) be able to mentally adjust (automatically) to your Mod's 5.5 hour time shift...

Awhile back (when I was still working and wore a wristwatch)...I ran across a "TIP: For People Who Are Always Late"...

The Tip was to set your wristwatch 15 minutes ahead...

But...it never worked for me...I continued to be late for work, meetings, etc...because I KNEW that I had set my wristwatch 15 minutes ahead...:shock:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
But...it never worked for me...I continued to be late for work, meetings, etc...because I KNEW that I had set my wristwatch 15 minutes ahead...:shock:

A girl that once worked for me was chronically late. I told her that her job was in jeopardy, and she replied, "I don't know what to do! I already set my clock up 15 minutes!!"

That was her way of explaining why it was physically impossible for her to be there on time.

I'll let you all imagine whatever happened next.

I hope she's well. ;)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
A girl that once worked for me was chronically late. I told her that her job was in jeopardy, and she replied, "I don't know what to do! I already set my clock up 15 minutes!!"

"I'll let you all imagine whatever happened next."...

You told her to set ahead her clock by 30 minutes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Another simple dna mod arrived.
HPIM1059 (Small).JPG

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
What color IS that, Deiz?

Kat...I'm pretty sure that you'll (rather quickly) be able to mentally adjust (automatically) to your Mod's 5.5 hour time shift...

Awhile back (when I was still working and wore a wristwatch)...I ran across a "TIP: For People Who Are Always Late"...

The Tip was to set your wristwatch 15 minutes ahead...

Nope, gerry, I have full intentions of (someday) finding the instructions as to how to set the damm clock. Ha ha. Someday, operative word. Maybe by next November..... ;)

Set the watch/clock 15 minutes ahead, but you KNEW it was 15 minutes ahead? Ya gotta try the KD trick: set it ahead with your eyes closed. Some of mine are WHO KNOWS WHAT how many minutes fast.

If I put all my clocks together, I've got like OOOOOOOOOOOODLES of extra time!! :thumbs: YAAY!

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
I just start changing whatever analog clocks I need to change Saturday evening, so by the time I go to bed, I already have it in my head that I'm on the "new" time. It's helped the past few years.
I just leave 'em at DST. I've been looking at an incorrect clock for 6 months now, lol. I'm another one for leave it on DST, like Florida just decided to do. They need to stop messing with the time!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread