Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
:D

I have a question about that Wismec Sinuous P80. Do we still like it? I'm contemplating getting a Zenith tank, and I think it would look nice on it. Have there been any updates? New versions? Any thoughts, warnings, links would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I have a question about that Wismec Sinuous P80. Do we still like it? I'm contemplating getting a Zenith tank, and I think it would look nice on it. Have there been any updates? New versions? Any thoughts, warnings, links would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
It's got a strong fanbase, Katya, so I expect you'll get.some great reports.

Thanks threaders, for a few giggles tonight. It's been a bit for me (no pun intended), and is much appreciated.

Until we laugh again... :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
You're most helpful, as always. How's the draw--very tight or just right?
I don't really notice any draw difference from the standard tips, probably cuz I have my AFC set pretty tight. I think the only drawback to the flat tips is if you switch hands with your vape a lot. You would be constantly reorienting the tip. But they are just soooo comfortable to vape on.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

I really like mine, and still use it frequently. Very ergonomic, good size, super easy interface, and it's held up well, no issues at all. Way down on my list of criteria, but I think it looks nice, too. But being a low wattage mtl'er, I notice it's not among the quicker firing mods I have. Not particularly slow, but not the fastest. That may not be a deal killer for you, but for me it just probably prevents it from being my favorite.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I got one and love how it looks and LOVE the fire bar. As @Brewdawg1181 said, it's not the fastest firing mod, but arctic fox helped with that a bit. The only con for me was it's battery life wasn't all that good, but again arctic fox helped with that (and turning off their flashing led lights) ;)

p80.jpg

10 points if you can guess what RTA it is :lol:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I got one and love how it looks and LOVE the fire bar. As @Brewdawg1181 said, it's not the fastest firing mod, but arctic fox helped with that a bit. The only con for me was it's battery life wasn't all that good, but again arctic fox helped with that (and turning off their flashing led lights) ;)

View attachment 793239

BARK,BARK,BARK. :D

Rockford

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada

View attachment 793239

Woof Woof

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    But being a low wattage mtl'er, I notice it's not among the quicker firing mods I have. Not particularly slow, but not the fastest. That may not be a deal killer for you, but for me it just probably prevents it from being my favorite.

it's not the fastest firing mod,

Thank you for confirming that. That's what I've been hearing too.

I got one and love how it looks and LOVE the fire bar.

Agreed again. I have a Wismec Presa that has that feature--I love it. Not as pretty as the Sinuous, though.

A dawg? 2K18? :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Wismec Sinuous P80. Do we still like it? I'm contemplating getting a Zenith tank, and I think it would look nice on it.

Katya...I'm somewhat biased in that I've replaced all of the tanks in my rotation with Zeniths...and all of my Mods with P80's...

(Once I found "perfection"...I just went with it...)

The supreme hand comfort of the P80...and its Firing Panel (which means I never have to look at it when picking it up [eg. driving])...sold me on it...

$25+ lowest price on Vapecrawler

$30+ lowest price on VaperCity Buy The Wismec Sinuous P80 80W Mini Mod Online Now For $30.95

not among the quicker firing mods I have.

Not sure that I remember experiencing "slow firing" on the P80...but I use its Preheat function routinely...

eg....If I'm vaping at 9.5Watts...I use Preheat of 11Watts for 1.5 seconds...

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Katya...I'm somewhat biased in that I've replaced all of the tanks in my rotation with Zeniths...and all of my Mods with P80's... (Once I found "perfection"...I just went with it...)

Hah! Really? That's interesting.
    The supreme hand comfort of the P80...and its Firing Panel (which means I never have to look at it when picking it up [eg. driving])...sold me on it...

$25+ lowest price on Vapecrawler

$30+ lowest price on VaperCity Buy The Wismec Sinuous P80 80W Mini Mod Online Now For $30.95

Have you ever ordered from Vaper City? I checked the prices on Vapecrawler; as usual, those really cheap ones often come with a hefty shipping price. FT has the mod I want (silver) for $34. But the Chinese New Year is coming soon. ;) BTW, the Zenith at FT is twice as much as at MFS. Go figure.
    Not sure that I remember experiencing "slow firing" on the P80...but I use its Preheat function routinely...

eg....If I'm vaping at 9.5Watts...I use Preheat of 11Watts for 1.5 seconds...

Do you know if the recent versions come with the preheat option? Anyway, like I said earlier, I don't need another mod. :facepalm: But there's something about this P80 that I find very appealing.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Do you know if the recent versions come with the preheat option? Anyway, like I said earlier, I don't need another mod. :facepalm: But there's something about this P80 that I find very appealing.

Just BUY IT!!!!!!! :lol:

;)

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Neither did I, but I have 2. :eek::D:facepalm: And I really like them!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Just BUY IT!!!!!!! :lol:

;)
    A Shinyitis response if ever I saw one.

The Sinuous P80 I ordered on December 20 finally arrived today. I tried it for a second and put it away. I'll take it out for another spin, but something about it put me off (I think I was having trouble with the menu, plus it felt chintzy). The Armour Pro that arrived in the same package also got a swift tryout and went back in its box, but then I pulled it out again when it hit me that I could use it with the 21700s I bought for the SX Mini SL, which I'm happy to set aside till I need it (it's just so darn heavy). Watching a video cleared up the problems I was having with the menu, and now I'm quite pleased with it.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Wismec's or Armour Pro's menu?

Armour Pro's. I just didn't know to click through the options to get to where I wanted to be.

I gave the Sinuous P80 a good tryout today, and my verdict is: I don't like it. The fire bar is mushy and unresponsive. The buttons are also mushy, as well as extremely small. All the moving bits feel as though they could break in a moment, and the mod just feels cheap. It will be living in the back of my vaping drawer till I'm desperate or find someone to give/sell/trade it to.

The Vapour Pro, on the other hand, continues to impress. Its fire bar is great, and the buttons, though also tiny, are sturdy and responsive. The screen is quite dim (virtually indecipherable in brighter light) and the type small, but, because I'm a wattage gal, I'm not too bothered by this, since I can see clearly the only number I care about. Setting TC variables and the like could be hard on the eyes, though. Overall, the whole mod is solid and feels good in the hand.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread