Little itty bitty mods under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The streets have no chance of beating the Solo, The tank on the other hand( ? ).
I've got a YFTK 24mm K Lite 2019 clone on mine. The low-profile tank looks great on the Aegis Solo and I can live with 3.5 ml on an out-and-about, mtl rig.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
YFTK 24mm K Lite 2019 clone

I have to say that they make quite impressive stuff. Different atty, me, but excellent quality.

I know, I know. It's wrong.

I wasn't about to spend $180 on an atty, so it was clone or nothing.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Whadyaget? Atmizoo Tripod clone or sumpthin?

Nope. Older one. @Katdarling and I always run about two years behind the market (truth). :lol:

By-Ka v8. :vapor: It compares quite well to the one authi (v6) in possession, and is much better quality than the "nameless" clones we have too.

I'll look for them in the future, if such options exist. :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Nuttin wrong with that, IMO.

Interesting. Never heard of it. Ya like it? Link plz? :)

I do. A lot, actually. She does too.

@vapdivrr turned me onto the authi, and we grabbed a couple of clones afterwards. Good flavor (not the BEST, but very good), easy to coil & wick, uncommon to leak, and nice and quiet (for those pesky work related phone calls).

Buy YFTK KA V8 RTA Silver 316SS 2.8ml 22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

For me. it was a very good investment.

Please 'scuse the scratches on the Dicodes. I work this one, and don't baby it at all.

ByKa8-Dicodes_20190728_092441.jpg

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Probably a little of both, this guy still works but with 1 atomizer only because the 510 isn't spring loaded. The 510 is so buried no way to raise it.

View attachment 827875
Get a 510 to ego adapter and that will solve the problem of the center pin completely.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
@vapdivrr turned me onto the authi, and we grabbed a couple of clones afterwards. Good flavor (not the BEST, but very good), easy to coil & wick, uncommon to leak, and nice and quiet (for those pesky work related phone calls).

@DPLongo22
So this is an older post from Aug, but I find myself in need of a 22mm rebuildable tank for my side by sides- in the event the 'drop-in portion' of my drop-in coil tanks are no longer available.
Does this tank handle DL, and can it keep up wicking: running at about .5 to .8 ohms. (My kayfuns seem to be a hit or miss with dry hits at those levels.)

Reactions: NolaMel

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@DPLongo22
So this is an older post from Aug, but I find myself in need of a 22mm rebuildable tank for my side by sides- in the event the 'drop-in portion' of my drop-in coil tanks are no longer available.
Does this tank handle DL, and can it keep up wicking: running at about .5 to .8 ohms. (My kayfuns seem to be a hit or miss with dry hits at those levels.)

They're a LOT more airy than KFs (which struggle to keep up with me), but I hate to say the can do something that's outside of my range. I'd feel semi comfortable saying that either the Damn Vape Fresia or SXK Nebula Wine would do it though, as they're both massive air for MTL tanks (Fresia is adjustable, Wine is not), but my instinct is that the By-KA's are definitely built more for MTL.

I run them between 1.5 and 2.5, at 11 watts, so I don't think I'm your best case study. Sorry. :(

Maybe someone else in the thread is more knowledgeable/experienced than me in this area. I hope so.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
@DPLongo22

They're a LOT more airy than KFs (which struggle to keep up with me), but I hate to say the can do something that's outside of my range. I'd feel semi comfortable saying that either the Damn Vape Fresia or SXK Nebula Wine would do it though, as they're both massive air for MTL tanks (Fresia is adjustable, Wine is not), but my instinct is that the By-KA's are definitely built more for MTL.

I run them between 1.5 and 2.5, at 11 watts, so I don't think I'm your best case study. Sorry. :(

Maybe someone else in the thread is more knowledgeable/experienced than me in this area. I hope so.

The Coppervape Skyline might be worth a look as well. Two ways to adjust air, juice flow control, top fill. I do have mine set to emulate the antique KF2Ls, but they'll do DL. Single coil, easy build. Rayon :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh DPL.

It's.....

OK. :lol:

Ahem, Kat darling. Just in case you didn't know, that OK sign is not OK anymore. I suggest you go back to your old avatar before you get busted and charged with hate crime. :lol: It's bad enough that you're openly engaging in a suspect and possibly soon illegal activity of inhaling dangerous substances like mango-flavored eliquids and in so doing perverting the Nation's children. :facepalm:

I wish I were kidding... I think this country has gone completely mad. Somebody wake me up.

OK sign is under siege: How the squeaky-clean hand gesture was twisted by trolls and acquired racist undertones

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ahem, Kat darling. Just in case you didn't know, that OK sign is not OK anymore. I suggest you go back to your old avatar before you get busted and charged with hate crime. :lol: It's bad enough that you're openly engaging in a suspect and possibly soon illegal activity of inhaling dangerous substances like mango-flavored eliquids and in so doing perverting the Nation's children. :facepalm:

I wish I were kidding... I think this country has gone completely mad. Somebody wake me up.

OK sign is under siege: How the squeaky-clean hand gesture was twisted by trolls and acquired racist undertones

We've gone so far off the rails that I can't think of any emotion other than laughter. Suffice it to say that we're with you. :smokie:

Wait! MANGO??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

RickyLaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread