Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I should ask, for those of you who are successfully using Colossals, what batteries are you using, pray tell?

I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. I got one earlier this year and there was no way I could get the battery out with my fingers. The cutaways at the side of the battery are too small to get a good grip. Just got another in a sale this month for $20 and the battery comes out no problem. Same batteries, HG2's. The difference is the amount of force it takes to compress the spring at the neg end.

I've seen a few people report this, most don't have a problem at all.

With the first one for a while I used to lever up the pos end of the battery with the side of the battery door, but that was messing with the wrap. I saw a tip here somewhere that worked for me. Use a utility knife and cut away the raised plastic ring around the positive terminal. It's soft plastic and easy to cut. You only have to do the side that faces out, then the battery slips right out sideways without having to push it up. Worth doing because it's a good mod otherwise.

Maybe they realized there was a problem and started using a less powerful spring, maybe the spring doesn't seat properly sometimes. Who knows. I would take it apart and try to figure it out but I have no idea how to open it up. There are no screws. Maybe it's glued up.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
vape_merry_vaping_christmas_card-r5dd03f0eeaf440f38c457d9d6a555814_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Well - Before Everyone gets too busy and begin their Celebration of the Holidays with Friends & Family . . .

JMH1l25.gif

To All "My" ECF Friends here - I want "You" ALL to know No Matter What "You" Personally Celebrate this Month of Holidays - Be It . . .

The Best of Winter Solstice - the Longest Night of the Year . . .

Winter-Solstice-12122016.jpg

A Great & Bright Chanukkah . . .
(Hanukkah)
iuHPiqd.jpg

A Very Merry Christmas . . .

KwXq4v1.jpg

A Celebration of Kwanzaa . . .

Kwanzaa-web.jpg

The Meaning of Kwanzaa
I would "Like' To Pass-on To "You" and Yours"
The Best This Holiday Season Has To Offer . . .

Comfort - Light - Happiness - Good Fortune
AND - May Everyone "You" Know
Have A Joyous and Prosperous

jbCiBDx.gif

5ebVmNw.gif

May these Days - For "YOU" & "Yours" - be Filled with nothing but . . .
"PEACE" ~ "JOY" ~ "HAPPINESS"

Since I don't possess the Computer Artistry Skills of Uncle...I'll just say to ALL...

Happy RamaHanuKwanzMas!!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
"under $30" is still under $100. ;)

Yes, we have been around awhile, and in fact, this thread will be FIVE years old in FIVE days! ( :bday: )

Thank you for the suggestion, but as it's a rather classic thread, I would prefer to leave the name as it stands.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes, we have been around awhile, and in fact, this thread will be FIVE years old in FIVE days! ( :bday: )

GET the farg out!!!! :shock:

It feels like just yesterday.... :wub::vapor:

Love the flowers, just by the way. Appropriately blingy. :D

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    "under $30" is still under $100. ;)

Thank you for the suggestion, but as it's a rather classic thread, I would prefer to leave the name as it stands.

It needs to remain status quo :wub:

ittybitty.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My only issue with the 30s is that they're a bit thicker, and don't fit into some mods. Dani V3, for example.

No bueno.

Great batteries though, other than that.

Okay, so, you want "weird"?

They fit into mine. Vertdeferk????

Are the ones that don't fit rewrapped (not rewraps)? Samsung batteries, I find, have very thin wraps. I guess that's because they are OEM and not made for people to keep taking in and out of devices, so a thick wrap is not necessary since they are manufactured to be put "permanently" inside a power supply. All the wraps I have ever used are about 2x thicker than the original samsung wraps.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Does anyone here actually have a Kangside Vamo Box 25W 18350 mod that still works?

I bought 3 from Gearbest many years ago, but they all have the same problem - after about a month of use, when the battery shows about half depleted on the screen, the mod just keeps restarting itself when you hit the fire button. You might be able to take a drag sometimes, but not usually. In fact, I think I have one that does this even with a fresh battery.

I loved these things...when they worked.

Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix?

I chalked it up to a terrible PCB and/or chip, but I just remembered about them (still have them) and figured I'd ask around. Maybe they can be salvaged? Would love to get these things working right again. Built tough and tiny as hell!

1442343957657-P-2916303.jpg

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Unless you can run down a replacement PCB for it, likely no hope.

And while the case may be rugged, not much use if the board isn't.

Right but what I'm trying to figure out if maybe I'm wrong - maybe it's not he PCB and maybe it's something else that can be fixed or needs adjusted from time to time. ;)

My earlier "diagnosis" of bad PCB was merely an assumption. No science behind it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Nothing external - i.e. tank or no tank, open or shorted circuit, should make the mod reset. So the problem is internal. Best case might be a flaky button and contact bounce essentially giving the 5 (or 3, it varies) quick presses to reset. It may or may not be possible to tear it down to check.

• Creative
    Reactions: gerrymi

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Nothing external - i.e. tank or no tank, open or shorted circuit, should make the mod reset. So the problem is internal. Best case might be a flaky button and contact bounce essentially giving the 5 (or 3, it varies) quick presses to reset. It may or may not be possible to tear it down to check.

It's very easy to take apart. Did it already. Was looking for a mechanical problem as I have no means or the skill to diagnosing electronic problems. Saw nothing out of the ordinary...but I'm no expert.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: DavidOck

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    after about a month of use, when the battery shows about half depleted on the screen, the mod just keeps restarting itself when you hit the fire button.
    I don't have a Kangside Vamo, but is it possible the 18350 at half does not have enough power based on the mods setting (Wattage/Voltage) ?

Reactions: DavidOck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread