Status
Not open for further replies.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
The 10440 batts are cheap little batts,, I have bought many sets in the last year and many are bad when you get them.
I just weed them out and toss them and keep the good ones. The blue ones seem to be the best. But if you get a new set and see that your pv isnt firing, take one out at a time to determine which batt is bad..

Good to know...Thanks.. :)

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Mine shipped on Friday, the 10th. I guess I am gearing up mentally for the day that the FDA will force regulation down our throat. In a way, the industry deserves it: selling to minors, advertising the e cig as a device for inhaling drugs (like ......), no QC or the minimum amount of compliance to any standard. I have yet to see one bottle of juice with a listing of the ingrediants.

Would you buy a product from your grocery store that you were going to put into your body without a listing of the contents? Yet, this industry does it every day.

Since the only thing I am worried about is getting attys/carts, and I have friends overseas who can get them to me-not to mention my own travels.

Anyway, I will be dumping all my egos and mega titans in favor or mods that take a battery that I can buy on the open market. So far I have a MKII, DSE 905, and now the Little Sister.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Mine shipped on Friday, the 10th. I guess I am gearing up mentally for the day that the FDA will force regulation down our throat. In a way, the industry deserves it: selling to minors, advertising the e cig as a device for inhaling drugs (like ......), no QC or the minimum amount of compliance to any standard. I have yet to see one bottle of juice with a listing of the ingrediants.

They don't list the ingredients specifically because that would be proprietary information. I haven't checked out ALL the juice sites, but I know some of them list who provides their flavoring, and that they use USP grade VG, PG, and nicotine. I've never gotten a list of ingredients from Kentucky Fried Chicken (who knows what's in those herbs and spices), nor do I have any clue what constitutes the magical flavoring of Dr. Pepper. While I agree that it is wrong to be putting ...... in vaping fluid, you can find the same thing on any stroll through Chinatown, and that's not to mention the false promises made by the Extenze people on commercials every 30 minutes.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
Protected Lil Sister.......lol....

100_0692.jpg

100_0694.jpg

Jynn

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
louisville ky
I absolutely loved my LS for about 3 weeks, and then it suddenly stopped producing any vapor, and the casing began to melt/warp right over the little heatsink inside. I did not spill juice in it, or drop it, use crappy batteries, or otherwise abuse it. I sent it back for repairs, Ken was generally professional about the whole thing and responded to all my e-mails swiftly and offered me a full refund. I opted to continue using it when it returns because while it DID work for me, it was hands down the favorite of all PVs I have owned/used. He told me a replacement is on the way and with luck I will have no further issues with it. It's a lovely little mod and I hope my situation was just a one-off, but I thought I would put it out there just in case.

Last edited:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Got mine today and love it soo far!!! Looks like I'll end up being a slave to the battery charger but it may be worth it! I'm really, really impressed with the quality looks of this thing. Got my fingers crossed, Jynn, that I don't experience the problems you have.

I love my LS too, but am also a slave to the battery charger. That said, I keep using it anyway because I love it so much! How long are your batteries lasting?

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
I love my LS too, but am also a slave to the battery charger. That said, I keep using it anyway because I love it so much! How long are your batteries lasting?

Oh I think my first run only lasted about 2 1/2 hrs. You would have died laughing if you had seen me with that battery charger...twice I had a battery pop out and fly across the room. That may not be good when I'm at work with lots of glass around. LOL

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Oh I think my first run only lasted about 2 1/2 hrs. You would have died laughing if you had seen me with that battery charger...twice I had a battery pop out and fly across the room. That may not be good when I'm at work with lots of glass around. LOL

That's about the same with me. Sometimes a little less. I actually started a spreadsheet to track the time (I know that's nuts). I'm trying to figure out which batteries last longer - the high drain or the regular protected TrustFire. That's hysterical about the battery flying across the room! I've not had that happen to me! Yes - very dangerous if there's a lot of glass around!

Have you tried any of your FSUSA liquids using the LS? I love butterscotch almond, vanilla, and hopscotch at a very low setting. Yum!

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Silky, the LS is perfect to carry around and the pics do not do it justice. Wait 'til you see it in person! I like a lot of the bigger mods as far as what they say performance will do and battery life but sheesh, I feel kinda silly holding a tank up to my mouth while in public. LOL

Vaporgal, don't laugh about that spreadsheet. I'd be interested to know what the outcomings are. I'm using the blue batteries that I ordered from Ken...simply because I'm ignorant to all the different types of batteries and which ones work the best, aren't good to use for this or that mod, etc. I haven't tried too many juices on the LS yet but figured the lower settings might be best for some of FSUSA's "creamier" ones. Right now I'm right around the 3rd dot and that seems to be good for me. Can anyone tell me the approximate voltage that is?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Silky, the LS is perfect to carry around and the pics do not do it justice. Wait 'til you see it in person! I like a lot of the bigger mods as far as what they say performance will do and battery life but sheesh, I feel kinda silly holding a tank up to my mouth while in public. LOL

Vaporgal, don't laugh about that spreadsheet. I'd be interested to know what the outcomings are. I'm using the blue batteries that I ordered from Ken...simply because I'm ignorant to all the different types of batteries and which ones work the best, aren't good to use for this or that mod, etc. I haven't tried too many juices on the LS yet but figured the lower settings might be best for some of FSUSA's "creamier" ones. Right now I'm right around the 3rd dot and that seems to be good for me. Can anyone tell me the approximate voltage that is?

I imagine all of these are a little bit unique, but the third dot on mine measures 4.3-4.4v.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
I, too, had a problem with the silver batts I purchased with the LS. I emailed Ken and he sent me two of the blue high drain batts. They work like a champ. I've since ordered more and now have three sets. They take FOREVER to charge, but they work great! I think the problem with the gray ones may have more to do with how they fit the charger. The positive end is barely raised and they just don't fit as snugly as the blue ones. The light on my charger kept reading green, when I knew there was no way they could have had time to fully charge.

The LS rocks, BTW! :headbang:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
I, too, had a problem with the silver batts I purchased with the LS. I emailed Ken and he sent me two of the blue high drain batts. They work like a champ. I've since ordered more and now have three sets. They take FOREVER to charge, but they work great! I think the problem with the gray ones may have more to do with how they fit the charger. The positive end is barely raised and they just don't fit as snugly as the blue ones. The light on my charger kept reading green, when I knew there was no way they could have had time to fully charge.

The LS rocks, BTW! :headbang:

Hmmm... I wonder if it would help to use battery spacers when charging the batteries? I'm pretty clueless about batteries, but maybe someone can chime in!

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have now been vaping since April 20 after 35 years of being a pack and a half per day Red smoker. Of course, more than a few mistakes were made in my choice of equipment. Also, my taste and habits have evolved – even though they're constantly changing.
My first kit was Greensmoke which I quickly returned for a refund due to poor battery life and the ridiculous cost. My second kit was the vapor King- Joye 510 – which was almost as expensive. Then I discovered this site and moved over to the mega 510, Toronado (Ego from T W), the Screwdriver MK II, which was replaced by a DSE 905 at about half the price when the Screwdriver fell into Lake Michigan.
Since I work for my computer a lot, I guess I have become a chain vaper. I refuse to drip and use cartos when driving. My opinion is that the 901 works better with the fruit flavors and the 510 better with the cake/coffee flavors. Depending on the juice, I would use mega 510 (not Ego), regular 510, and low resistance 510 and 901. I blend my own juices and had to drop concentration way down to keep my daily dose of nicotine at the same level as when I was smoking analogues. My blood pressure has always been very good, but I was taking in more nicotine than what I was smoking analogues and my blood pressure started to climb.
IMHO, it is very important to give your own background on vaping when doing a review since it is bound to color your opinion dramatically. A light smoker would probably be happy with the standard two-piece mini.
Now to the Little Sister. My package arrived quickly, but there were a few parts missing. Mistakes happen, but Ken responded quickly, and the problem was resolved. I always wanted to go to a higher voltage, but those units are really big. Even now, I only take my Titan 510 when I am out in public.
My first impression is that this unit is really, really small. The nifty little voltmeter, an optional cost, allows me to experiment and play with various combinations of juices and attys. I've also found that the higher voltage allows me to do a better quick burn in order to rescue bad attys.
What can I say? The unit works and does what it's supposed to. Is it something that I would recommend for everyone interested in having an adjustable voltage unit? Heavy emphasis here on everyone.
The answer is a clear no. The small, ergonomic package is both an advantage and disadvantage. You need to pop the unit open in order to replace the batteries, which is an inconvenience; due to their size and capacity (10440’s at 3.7 v and 350 ma, which in this unit would be about the same as a mega 510 because of the way it is wired), you will not get much vaping out of them. The batteries are cheap enough, and you can get 500 ma batteries although they are not protected. The Little Sister has its own protection circuit so you get away with using nonprotected batteries. There may be a USB or car charger available for this kind of battery, but I have not been able to find one. So you will need to have plenty of charged batteries on hand, especially if go out with the unit or are in your car for a long period.
For me, it would not be suitable as my primary and sole vaping unit because of the limited battery capacity, the complexity of swapping batteries, and the limited charging methods. So far, I have not seen a lot of difference between vaping with a low resistance atty compared to the higher voltage, but I have not had a lot of time to experiment.
Do I think I got my money's worth? The answer is yes, but there is a penalty for the small, ergonomic package.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've been using my LS for about 6 weeks solid. I run primarily blue protected trustfires in it and get about 2-2 1/2 hours on a set - about twice what I get out of a fully charged 510 mega batt. The LS might not be for everyone, but anyone who has messed with mods shouldn't have any problems popping it open and changing the batteries. When I head out of the house I usually carry 4 extra batteries and a couple extra cartos - all of which will fit in the watch pocket on a pair of jeans. That's about 6-7 1/2 hours of fairly heavy use.

I just got my Big Brother yesterday and I do like it better, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry my LS out with me anytime, anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread