Status
Not open for further replies.

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
I bought a istick 20 about 30 days ago and it quit working kept saying
atomizer short I was gonna throw it away but I went to my local shop
where I bought it and he replaced it, gave me a brand new one no questions asked.
so I bought a bunch of e-liquid while I was there. I do like the shop but they are pricey but now I will keep doing business with them.:D

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I went in a local B&M just looking around and casually asked about replacement post screws for my Fogger, and the clerk who I had never met before got me a bag of spare parts from a returned kayfun, free of charge. This was my first time in the store, but it will not be my last.

-Treeburner

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
You know my favorite local B&M is a little pricy, caters mostly to new vapors looking for an alternative to smoking and also blends all the juice they sell in house (in an FDA approved clean room to boot). I'm no one different to them than the last guy to walk through the door however back the day before Thanksgiving I stopped in to refill my juice collection. I got to visiting with one of the owners and asking about a VW box because I had liked the look and feel of them when I had handled them in another city at another B&M. He did not have any in stock but went out to his truck and brought in an IPV3 with a Origen RDA on it. He put a fresh set of batteries in it, reached in the drawer and pulled out another brand new set of VCT5's and handed the whole lot to me, said try it out for a few days. I told him I would be out of the country likely till almost Christmas and his response was, see you for Christmas then.

I walked out the door with $200 +/- of gear that I had not purchased with them only knowing me from the store and not having any clue where I live, who I am or anything else. Mind you I (we) have been very loyal to them since they opened and purchase 90% of our juice there and probably 1/2 of the rest of our gear but I know that there are more customers than my wife and I who frequent the stores (they now have 5).

So long story short, I was back right before Christmas and had set my sites on the Sigelei because of the magnetic battery door along with an Atlantis because dripping at FL510 in the middle of the night can be a challenge. The owner happily sold me the Sigelei and Atlantis, took 15% off and refused to take back the IPV3, Origen and batteries, said that was their gift to me for being a loyal customer since day 1. So I wound up with 2 box mods and RDA, Sub-Ohm tank, 4 VCT5 batteries all for less than $150.00.

I don't care at this point if they are making 100% profit on everything they sell, I will never purchase something from another source if I can get it from them even if in the long run I don't save money over buying off the internet.

Since Christmas I have bought a SMY260, 2 Kanger Sub Tanks's, another Atlantis and my wife has bought an IPV Mini, Atlantis and Sunday she went back and bought another IPV Mini V2 along with a Kanger Sub Tank mini. Well that and a few batteries, a couple gallons of juice, drip tips, new charger etc.

Our local B&M may have lost a little profit on one transaction for me but they have sealed the deal as far as lifetime customers with what they have done. It's a shame more don't follow this type of business model.

Joseph Swint

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2014
Canton, Ohio
I bought a istick 20 about 30 days ago and it quit working kept saying
atomizer short I was gonna throw it away but I went to my local shop
where I bought it and he replaced it, gave me a brand new one no questions asked.
so I bought a bunch of e-liquid while I was there. I do like the shop but they are pricey but now I will keep doing business with them.:D

Hey Joe, if it's not against forum rules, can you name the shop? I'm frequently in the medina area and sometimes need to make a quick pit stop for juice when I run out or forget to bring extra. I just haven't haven't seen a shop up there close to my travels.

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
its Vapor Revolution its on pearl rd. south of 303 its in a small plaza with advanced auto parts, its hard to see you really have to look for it,
the owner is Richard every time you buy a juice he stamps a card after 5 bottles you get one free, also if you spend $50 or more he gives you a ticket
and at the end of each month he has a give away like a 100 watt box mod usually something real nice.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
I have a great B & M store close to me in the UK and I usually pop down their for a chat more than anything with the guys behind the counter most lunch times from work. They are a great bunch of guys and know their stuff.

Was in their the other day when my istick 20w crapped out on me so picked up the 30w they had in stock. UK price from them £40 for the full kit, I know I could have got it for around £35 online but then their might have been shipping on top depending on who has it in stock.

Whilst their was talking about the Kanger Sub Tank Mini and one of the guys had one set up on his DNA 40 box and let me have a go on it, An amazing vape so I picked one up as well whilst their. Again a bit more expensive than online but they have the overheads of a shop to run and I know if I have any issues with anything I get from them I can just take it back to them and they will sort it no problem.

I don't mind supporting local stores when you get good service and their prices are not well over priced.

Joseph Swint

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2014
Canton, Ohio
its Vapor Revolution its on pearl rd. south of 303 its in a small plaza with advanced auto parts, its hard to see you really have to look for it,
the owner is Richard every time you buy a juice he stamps a card after 5 bottles you get one free, also if you spend $50 or more he gives you a ticket
and at the end of each month he has a give away like a 100 watt box mod usually something real nice.

I'll have to stop in there. I was just at that advanced auto parts store like a month ago and missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread