Question about local B&M stores and warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcutler123

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
United States
I bought a itaste vv from a local b&m store where I live and after 3 weeks it stopped working. It can read the atty but wont fire. I called them and they said their warranty or return policy is 48 hours and I was lucky since no other shops even offer that. After talking to a couple local vapers I found out there are a few shops in my area that offer 30 days and 90 days which I think is how it should be. How can these shops not stand behind the products they sell? The reason I bought it local is if I had a problem it would be easier to deal with than an online vendor. The shops mark up the price but I figured buying local would maybe save me some trouble is something went wrong so I paid it. I should have asked what the warranty/return policy was but I assumed it was more than 48 hours. Is this the norm for local b&m shops to have little to no warranty for their products?

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I haven't bought from a brick and mortar, but 48 hours is hardly a warranty. If it was me, I wouldn't be buying squat from them in the future. It's a shame to have something local you thought you could count on, and they pull the old " we got your money, get lost" routine. Did they even offer to look at it?

jcutler123

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
United States
I haven't bought from a brick and mortar, but 48 hours is hardly a warranty. If it was me, I wouldn't be buying squat from them in the future. It's a shame to have something local you thought you could count on, and they pull the old " we got your money, get lost" routine. Did they even offer to look at it?

I am def not going back. They didn't offer to look at it and just said I was lucky for the 48 hour return policy since other shops offer nothing. I honestly was shocked when they said that. There seems to be a lot of these local shops run by young people with no business knowledge and more of a hangout for their friends. I took it to a few other shops and they weren't very helpful either. They like to blame it on "China" which is a bull.... move I think.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    That sucks man I feel your pain.Ive had two VV V3 that didnt work right,bought on Ebay, the first one had a screen issue out of the box and the seller sent another free of charge. The second one is now torn apart to be soldered back together at some point, it only lasted a few weeks.

Because of the huge mark-ups by my two local shops I refuse to buy from them and only order online. Hopefully you can shop around at other shops in your area until you find one that will actually do you right.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2014
    USA
    I'm surprised they didn't at least give you the manufacturers address to try to contact them for warranty service. If I'm spending anything over about $25 then I ask what the warranty is and who it's serviced by. the store or if I will need to send it back to the manufacturer.

I walked into a store a few weeks ago, they have a giant sign on the wall behind the displays that says something along the line of "No Returns, No Refunds, No Warranties". I didn't buy anything from them as that's kind of one of the whole points to me of shopping locally, to have a shop to return to if the item proves defective or breaks in a reasonable amount of time. If I'm going to pay more to a local vape shop, I expect them to stand behind their product. Of course from their prospective, a person might buy an item online, it's defective, they can't return it online as the vendor won't allow it so they buy a new one from the local shop and then try to return the online bought item in the stores packaging saying it was defective. Just the price of doing business to trust your customers but it does happen so I can see why some won't accept defective units back but I won't shop with them.

Time for the Op to find a new vape shop to shop at I'm thinking.

I remember going into one shop to buy a disposable plastic clearomizer, and the clerk fires it up to prove that it works and tells me it's not returnable if it stops working. It stopped working while I was vaping with it on the 30 minute drive home. I didn't bother to go back to the store since he made it so clear that they don't take anything back, just stopped going there all together.

Last edited:

jcutler123

Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2014
    United States
    That sucks man I feel your pain.Ive had two VV V3 that didnt work right,bought on Ebay, the first one had a screen issue out of the box and the seller sent another free of charge. The second one is now torn apart to be soldered back together at some point, it only lasted a few weeks.

Because of the huge mark-ups by my two local shops I refuse to buy from them and only order online. Hopefully you can shop around at other shops in your area until you find one that will actually do you right.

Was it difficult to take apart? Where did you start?

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Not difficult to take apart but I dont recommend it, the hot wire thats soldered directly to the bottom of the 510 pin is super short and thats what broke on mine but I suspect it wasnt soldered good to begin with. You simply ease out the 5 rivets on the top and the top will come out, again super short delicate wires.

jcutler123

Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2014
    United States
    I'm surprised they didn't at least give you the manufacturers address to try to contact them for warranty service. If I'm spending anything over about $25 then I ask what the warranty is and who it's serviced by. the store or if I will need to send it back to the manufacturer.

I walked into a store a few weeks ago, they have a giant sign on the wall behind the displays that says something along the line of "No Returns, No Refunds, No Warranties". I didn't buy anything from them as that's kind of one of the whole points to me of shopping locally, to have a shop to return to if the item proves defective or breaks in a reasonable amount of time. If I'm going to pay more to a local vape shop, I expect them to stand behind their product. Of course from their prospective, a person might buy an item online, it's defective, they can't return it online as the vendor won't allow it so they buy a new one from the local shop and then try to return the online bought item in the stores packaging saying it was defective. Just the price of doing business to trust your customers but it does happen so I can see why some won't accept defective units back but I won't shop with them.

Time for the Op to find a new vape shop to shop at I'm thinking.

I remember going into one shop to buy a disposable plastic clearomizer, and the clerk fires it up to prove that it works and tells me it's not returnable if it stops working. It stopped working while I was vaping with it on the 30 minute drive home. I didn't bother to go back to the store since he made it so clear that they don't take anything back, just stopped going there all together.

They told me to contact Innokin and I did but they took 2 weeks to respond and said the store is required to replace within 3 months and of course the store said no.

jcutler123

Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2014
    United States
    Maybe a dumb question but have you tried some different attys on it to see if it will fire them, also try to easily pry up on the pin inside the 510 connector just a bit. You may have pushed it down to far when tightening down an atty causing it to not make contact and fire.

Oh yea I have tried every atty I have and they all read but dont fire. I have pulled the pin up and still no luck. I have a mvp that I have to pull the pin up every now and then so that was what I was hoping it was. It reads the correct ohms but just wont fire and sometimes resets itself when I try to fire it.

Jmill157

Sep 30, 2014
    I was going to say try another tank (my first one was the same model and my aerotank air control valve was to blame, not the battery) but if it's reading an atty I'm not thinking that would do anything. Sorry to hear man. You'd think if the manufacturer says they have to replace it they would , my local stores site says they're an "authorized" innokin reseller which would make me think they have some kind of relationship with them in order to sell their products. If that was the case you'd think the store would have to honor the replacement innokin is saying they should do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread