Long lasting coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riskywhat

Mar 20, 2018
I vape a lot which means I get through coils quickly. A few years back I started off with Innokin. These coils literally lasted a couple of days, sometimes even less. I then moved onto Aspire which were better but still not long lasting. I'm now with smok and they tend to last between 4 days and a week which still isn't very long.

Does anyone know a brand that makes good quality coils? I do have a dripper and an RTA but I'm usually too lazy to rebuild them. Plus they're a bit big for out and about.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
There have been good reports on Innokin's Zenith tank coils, lasting weeks. Coil life really depends on the type of juice and wattage applied. Some juices are flat out coil junkers. Cranking high wattage, chain vaping isn't ideal either.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I do have a dripper and an RTA but I'm usually too lazy to rebuild them.
You sound like me. ;)

I've been using a couple of the ORIGINAL Uwell Crown tanks for over a year now. I've had no issues with the tanks, and the coils last me at least four weeks. I consider myself an average vaper. I vape around 30 watts, never more than 40. I go thru about 8 ml a day.

The Crown is a 4ml capacity, top fill tank. There is a shorter Mini Crown available with 2 ml capacity.

0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit.
0.25 ohm Dual Stainless SteelUwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W.
0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W.

My preference are the 0.5 ohm because I vape between 30 - 40 watts.

Last edited:

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Thanks Bad, I forgot to mention the original Crown. Another might be the ego one mega, with the clr coils. I bought one because it was cheap and the coil is going on two weeks now, with no sign of letting up. I'm probably an anomaly, as a 1.8Ω nautilus coil lasts me 4 weeks. But then, at 8 watts, they aren't being pushed to their limits!

riskywhat

Mar 20, 2018
There have been good reports on Innokin's Zenith tank coils, lasting weeks. Coil life really depends on the type of juice and wattage applied. Some juices are flat out coil junkers. Cranking high wattage, chain vaping isn't ideal either.

I make my own 70vg 30pg juice. I don't even bother putting flavour in anymore lol so I don't think it's the juice. I do prefer vaping at higher watts though.

I will take a look at the Zenith but tbh I would prefer not to go Innokin again. Thanks for the tips!

You sound like me. ;)

I've been using a couple of the ORIGINAL Uwell Crown tanks for over a year now. I've had no issues with the tanks, and the coils last me at least four weeks. I consider myself an average vaper. I vape around 30 watts, never more than 40. I go thru about 8 ml a day.

The Crown is a 4ml capacity, top fill tank. There is a shorter Mini Crown available with 2 ml capacity.

0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit.
0.25 ohm Dual Stainless SteelUwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W.
0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W.

My preference are the 0.5 ohm because I vape between 30 - 40 watts.

Thanks! Will take a look at that one. I'm pretty sure someone has suggested that tank to me before!

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I vape a lot which means I get through coils quickly. A few years back I started off with Innokin. These coils literally lasted a couple of days, sometimes even less. I then moved onto Aspire which were better but still not long lasting. I'm now with Smok and they tend to last between 4 days and a week which still isn't very long.

Does anyone know a brand that makes good quality coils? I do have a dripper and an RTA but I'm usually too lazy to rebuild them. Plus they're a bit big for out and about.
I won a Fireluke Mesh tank around new years. My first coil lasted over 2 months. I've never had a coil do so well. It went kaput when I ran it low and burnt the cotton. So I believe it would have lasted longer. I used it alot during that time. I'm currently on my second coil.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I've been thinking about the firelike mesh tank. Can you tell how it is on flavor and the watts that you vape at? Any other info on it would be appreciated.
The flavor is really, really good. When my first coil was past a month, I expected a drop off. Nope, it kept on rockin.

I mainly use it on a regulated device. It kinda craves power. At 50W you can take long drags and have huge flavor. At 60W it picks up more vapor and the same great taste is there. 70W and bam, you get big clouds and the flavor is still there. I dont like more than that.

I usually use mine at about 62W with the AF control 2/3 open. The way it performs for me at these settings is fantastic.

The coils are .15Ω. I have a few Smok stick mods lying around. I put the Mesh tank on one of them one day and was pleased with the results. At that low of ohms it works really well on them. I find myself using the mesh tank on a Smok V8 stick mod more and more (freeing up one of my regulated mods).

I've seen that they are/will be offering SS316L coils for it too. So if TC is your thing Freemax has you covered.

Two cons. 1. The drip tips are stubby and suck, I think. 2. Juice capacity isn't much. I burnt my first coil three times from running it low, and not paying attention. It bounced back twice. The third time it was done lol. The good thing was, it was TWO months down the road.

Last edited:

Qaay

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2017
Poland
I then moved onto Aspire which were better but still not long lasting.

I my collection i still got 2 attys that utilise stock coils and all of them are from Aspire... Nautilus mini and Cleito (I had Atlantis too but i gave it to a friend). Well... i can agree that Nautilus and Atlantis coils are not very durable but my experience with Cleito coils(0.4ohm) is very positive.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I got a red x disagree rating above. I don't know why. Everything I stated is a fact.
When on a phone it is easy to accidentally hit the red x when shooting for the agree next to it. Or maybe someone simply didn't agree for whatever reason. Subjectivity is what keeps things interesting around here.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the Crown Uwell tank might suit you. I've heard decent things about the fireluke as well.

However, since you seem to be reporting shortened coil use in ANY tank you've used, I also might suggest looking at your eliquid (sweet, dark high VG juices or NETs and WTA are all gunking factors). You may want to look into different flavors, different wattage ranges and maybe have more than one setup running at once, so if you chainvape, you can spread it over more mods, resulting in less heat in the tank, which is also definitely a coil killer. I was surprised at how much longer my coils lasted, simply taking the latter step and rotating setups so none of them overheat. Temperature control mode might also help with that, although you have to have the correct coil wire to make it work and it may not be possible in your current setups.

I can and will say that the Zenth tank does also have coils with pretty amazing longevity.

Anna

Reactions: Twins Win

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I won a Fireluke Mesh tank around new years. My first coil lasted over 2 months. I've never had a coil do so well. It went kaput when I ran it low and burnt the cotton. So I believe it would have lasted longer. I used it alot during that time. I'm currently on my second coil.
If you hit list next to the rating you can see who rated your posts. It appears Dennis did it but judging from his responses it looks like an accident.
@dennism

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm thinking about getting the fireluke mesh tank (it's piqued my interest). I realize it won't work with my pico mods, any suggestions on which mod I should get?
Any regulated Smoant. They have several form factors to choose from. I enjoy my Exus Ark as well, excellent hand feel for me and battery life is good. Or you could spring for a DNAC device. Read good things about the Wismec Ravage.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I'm thinking about getting the fireluke mesh tank (it's piqued my interest). I realize it won't work with my pico mods, any suggestions on which mod I should get?
I keep reading really good things about two mods that I want to get. The Voopoo Drag and Modefined Sirius. The Drag has a really good chip (Gene) that fires really fast. The Sirius supposedly does TC quite well and is made by a sister company to LostVape (I think lol). I haven't tried either but these are the ones I would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread