Long lasting coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I think the Crown Uwell tank might suit you. I've heard decent things about the fireluke as well.

However, since you seem to be reporting shortened coil use in ANY tank you've used, I also might suggest looking at your eliquid (sweet, dark high VG juices or NETs and WTA are all gunking factors). You may want to look into different flavors, different wattage ranges and maybe have more than one setup running at once, so if you chainvape, you can spread it over more mods, resulting in less heat in the tank, which is also definitely a coil killer. I was surprised at how much longer my coils lasted, simply taking the latter step and rotating setups so none of them overheat. Temperature control mode might also help with that, although you have to have the correct coil wire to make it work and it may not be possible in your current setups.

I can and will say that the Zenth tank does also have coils with pretty amazing longevity.

Anna
Good post Anna. I usually have three set-ups going per day. Rotating them helps them rewick and perform better. You dont get played out on one flavor that way either.

I vape DIY juice. The commercial stuff usually is way too sweet for me. That stuff really does cake on coils and ruin them.

Another tip I NEVER read about is, don't take long drags at higher wattages. The longer drag you take, the more juice is vaporized. The wicking material needs time to re-soak. Alot of coils on the market just can't take it. The printed on "best used" numbers are usually overrated. Sometimes I think these companies want us to fry our coils faster, so we will buy more faster.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I agree with the Modified Sirius. Personally I don't get the Drag popularity. Boxy sharp edges and overhang on most current tanks. Those that have one seem to love it so it is a contender.
It's all about their coveted chip. It must work really well. I agree, I dont care for the boxy looking design. That name too lol. Vandyvape wanted to use their chip in a new 80W squonker. The deal fell apart and Voopoo is being hated on for it. I've been trying to keep up with this "squonk saga" even though I dont squonk lol.

Reactions: Letitia

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Recommend the Super mini tank and the 25mm super tank. I have eh i think like 5 of them total (4 of the small ones and 1 25mm one i use currently). Coils are dirt cheap 2.50 a pop and usually last me anywhere from two weeks to a month. I chain vape so i tend to just switch it every two weeks i mean hell for $5 a month raelly can't complain and the flavor is great. My wife runs the .2 coils at 33 watts and i run the .5 at 39 watts. Got one of these when it came out and have tried a few other tanks but nothing ever seems to work as good as these and the coils are nice and cheap and can be found in 95% of vape shops i have been too (one didnt have any super tank coils but you can also use quite a few different coils in it like some aspire coils).

Coil life a lot of folks I've met that use the tank say they get about 3 to 4 weeks out of it. I think it might be a combo of the juice i use and my non stop chain vaping (cloud custard and butter beer from vape wild seem to gunk up coils pretty fast).

On a different note I will say I have been on the fence about picking up one of the fireluke tanks after hearing about them and watching a few youtube videos specially on the mesh one. Just worry it will be another miss and i'll just end up sticking my super tank back on my mod again lol.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
<-- Big fan of the Vaporesso Estoc Mega. The EUC coils will easily go through 60ml of juice at 35-40 Watts. The ceramic EUC's are cheap--under $10 US for a pack of five. The tank has 4ml capacity.

The Estoc is the only tank I use regularly that takes factory coils, and right now I have 12 setups. They don't all get used every day, But the Estoc does.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
<-- Big fan of the Vaporesso Estoc Mega. The EUC coils will easily go through 60ml of juice at 35-40 Watts. The ceramic EUC's are cheap--under $10 US for a pack of five. The tank has 4ml capacity.

The Estoc is the only tank I use regularly that takes factory coils, and right now I have 12 setups. They don't all get used every day, But the Estoc does.
A freind of mine gave me a Veco one plus setup. He used up the first coil but it came with another one. Seeing how small it was, I dismissed it and put it aside. I used the stick mod to power a baby beast with a m2 coil.

I got vapers tounge recently and needed to lower my wattages for a while. I remembered that I had that EUC coil, so I set it up. It works very well. The kind I have is SS316L and it tastes awesome. Now I need to track more down because I am a fan.

I've been using it on a Wallcrawler mod at 35W.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A freind of mine gave me a Veco one plus setup. He used up the first coil but it came with another one. Seeing how small it was, I dismissed it and put it aside. I used the stick mod to power a baby beast with a m2 coil.

I got vapers tounge recently and needed to lower my wattages for a while. I remembered that I had that EUC coil, so I set it up. It works very well. The kind I have is SS316L and it tastes awesome. Now I need to track more down because I am a fan.

I've been using it on a Wallcrawler mod at 35W.
It's a great system. The coils are sooo cheap and the design that uses them takes hard work to get a leak. It's noob friendly, too.

You can also get a pack of coils that include an Atlantis coil adapter, which lets you use EUC coils in tanks that can use Atlantis coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread