Long term Mini Fogger test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a Mini-Fogger as well. IMO, not good. Lots of vapor at first, but then it died out quick. There is a constant, awful burning taste coming from it, a mix of burnt plastic and/or foam from the sponge. This occurred with 2 brand new batteries, and 2 brand new atomizers, and tried about 4 or 5 different carts, mixed between 2 flavors. Cut off time is 2-3 seconds. Vapor is not hot, no throat hit, and when inhaled, actual exhale of vapor was minimal. That could change after parts get worked in, but the taste and smell coming from it was too much for me to continue with it. Emailed them about a return, waiting for their answer.

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
Ordered a Mini-Fogger as well. IMO, not good. Lots of vapor at first, but then it died out quick. There is a constant, awful burning taste coming from it, a mix of burnt plastic and/or foam from the sponge. This occurred with 2 brand new batteries, and 2 brand new atomizers, and tried about 4 or 5 different carts, mixed between 2 flavors. Cut off time is 2-3 seconds. Vapor is not hot, no throat hit, and when inhaled, actual exhale of vapor was minimal. That could change after parts get worked in, but the taste and smell coming from it was too much for me to continue with it. Emailed them about a return, waiting for their answer.
Dod you try direct dripping on the atomizer, 2 drops. It sounds like the atomizer is dry.

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I posted this as a general question, but thought I'd post it here too...

Since the cartridge is so much different than what I'm used to (dse901), can someone explain exactly how to refill the cartridge. It seems that I get the "dry atomizer" taste (burning) after a short time with the prefilled cartridges...perhaps only about 5-10 hits....

Any suggestions, or help?

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Probably the first batch was hurried up and generally faulty. I read the same happened with some other Janty innovations as well. Kissbox or what it was.

BTW (re: your sig): My wife has epilepsy. We are aware of it all the time. It would be perfect to limit that to just November :(

Frankie,

My daughter has epilepsy and I think it would be awesome to only limit it to November as well. Are your wife's seizures controlled?

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Frankie,
My daughter has epilepsy and I think it would be awesome to only limit it to November as well. Are your wife's seizures controlled?
No one knows. The last one was well over a year ago. She was 6 months pregnant at that time and the seizure or at least complete unconsciosness connected with the seizure lasted for almost (or over, it happened in the evening, sofa/TV/me-in-other-room, I don´t know how long it was before I found her) two hours.
But life can be a fantastically persistent thing, if you want to live. Check this:
dsc00325oe3.jpg

:D :D :D

She is the reason why:

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
No one knows. The last one was well over a year ago. She was 6 months pregnant at that time and the seizure or at least complete unconsciosness connected with the seizure lasted for almost (or over, it happened in the evening, sofa/TV/me-in-other-room, I don´t know how long it was before I found her) two hours.
But life can be a fantastically persistent thing, if you want to live. Check this:
dsc00325oe3.jpg

:D :D :D

She is the reason why:

Very cute reason! My sympathies are with you guys. I know how bad it is. My daughter's last seizure was in August, but prior to that, she was seizing weekly. We just can't seem to get a handle on it. She'll go for a while with no seizures, then boom...start having regular seizures again. She's on a ton of meds, but they just don't stop the seizures. We're hopeful that things will calm down as she leaves the teen years. My best to you and yours!

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
VERY cute li'l girl Frankie!!

I almost hate to return to topic, but I am grief-stricken so I will. My mini-fogger died I think. I've put it through some extremely serious paces the last 3 weeks or so. I've used it as my primary e-cig, as it provided the very best "throat hit" of any device I've tried thus far. I go through about 3-4 carts a day in it, and today I was carrying it as a backup to my brand-new M401. The M401 was brilliant, but 10 hours later (!) the (only) battery (with me) died (insert head-bonk), and since I'm currently prevented from returning home to charge by flooding rivers, I tried to substitute with my mini-fogger.

Alas, the stress was too much, and ~3weeks (I think) since delivery my mini-fogger must R.I.P. (cold atomizer - no vapor on exhale, though the LED lights up). I'll pursue warranty replacement of the atomizer (they were great with replacing a faulty battery), and maybe purchase another starter kit to keep in parts... $%^& I loved that thing, but I guess from reading this thread I was luckier than some.

The worst part is, I'm 100 miles from home with no vapor... Chances are I'm back to analogs within the hour... If anyone knows any voodoo to bring it back to life (even just 'til I get home), I'd appreciate it :)

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
They sent me an e-mail telling that they are sending a new Mini Fogger to me and I should send them the broken unit. Which is rather worrysome because I have already sent them TWO broken units on December 27. I hope they will not pull a trog on me claiming they never received the faulty ones and calling me a con artist who just wants to cheat them out of their units. Will wait a week or so and contact them again whether they received the parts.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... I hope they will not pull a trog on me claiming they never received the faulty ones and calling me a con artist who just wants to cheat them out of their units...

Frankie, as you may know, Trog and I are not the best of friends, we have a fair few bust ups on this forum ... and I know you don't think the sun shines out of his .... either.

That's fine, arguing up front and face to face is honest in my opinion and nobody should really interfere with that but this is the review board, Trog cannot respond to your accusations here and you could be damaging his reputation. The details behind the business transaction you mentioned are mostly not public as far as I can tell so we have no way to judge whether the conversation we heard is fair and balanced or just offence and insult.

Can I suggest that if you take issue with what was said that you find out from both parties what the story is and don't make uninformed remarks about people and businesses in places they can't make a fair response.

Thanks.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
If you read thouroughly you must have seen that "The details behind my business transaction - warranty claim and return of goods - are also mostly not public so nobody will have no way to judge..."

And just before that I saw that slur on a different customer by a different seller. Are you really surprised it worries me? Smilin should have sent his return through triple-checked registered mail where fingerprint and retina scan of the recipient was required. And maybe so should have I. That is what worries me.

How do you send goods for return? Registered mail? Other means? How it works?

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
If you feel so strongly about it that you want to talk then start a thread on the suppliers board or somewhere else Trog can post.
Oh, come on, Kate! Somewhere Trog can post, eh?
--------------------------
e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat - Search Results
--------------------------
Terry Prachett used to say Pull the other one, it´s got bells on. In other words, he can and does post in this part of the Forum.

But otherwise you are right. I just did not think a hint of comparison of two vendors and their practices in a review thread will cause all this. I still am not sure how my issue will end. Maybe my letter just got delayed. They are sending replacement anyway. I would positively hate to be called a scam artist. (Actually I have not been called anything, they did not come to the forum to slur because of undesired review results; and comparing customer service of different vendors is just as legit as comparing the product, I thought. That is why I mentioned the other vendor. Because the factual situation seems to be quite identical. Faulty product - replacement sent - bad parts not received yet.)

You talked about warranty quite a lot. Can you answer my question, please? How do you send failed components back to vendors? What type of mail/insurace/safeguards do you use? So far I only brought things for warranty claims in person...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread