Long-Term Vaping is Not a Public Health Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
Long-Term Vaping is Not a Public Health Problem (link broken - see below)

Prof. Jean-Francois Etter said:
This is one of the very first studies of vapers with 12 months follow-up. We found that very few ex-smokers relapsed to smoking, and that many smokers (i.e. dual users) either reduced or quit smoking after 12 months.

Our data (and other studies) suggest that e-cigs are not very addictive, much less addictive than tobacco cigs. The conventional definition of addiction has two components (compulsive use in spite of harm). Because e-cigs do not cause harm, it is more appropriate to talk about compulsive use rather than of addiction in the case of e-cigs. There are thousands of ex-smokers who use the nicotine gum compulsively, several months or years after quitting smoking, and this is not a public health problem either.

Even if there are long-term vapers, this is not a problem, as long as they quit smoking. The problem is combusted tobacco, not nicotine. At the dosage used by vapers or users of nicotine gums or patches, nicotine is not toxic. Long term vaping is not a public health problem; not any more than long term use of nicotine gums

Participate in the Professor's research here.

:)

Link breaks for some reason - stitch it together yourselves :)

http:// ecigarettereviewed .com/jean-francois-etter-interview-long-term-vaping-is-not-public-health-problem

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I'm sitting here wondering if I'm already a participant in this particular study or not. I filled out a questionnaire a little over a year ago, and then received a cotinine test at the end of October from Prof. Etter. Guess I'll fill this one out and then leave a note in the comments section to let them know they may want to check my current enrollment status.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
I'm sitting here wondering if I'm already a participant in this particular study or not. I filled out a questionnaire a little over a year ago, and then received a cotinine test at the end of October from Prof. Etter. Guess I'll fill this one out and then leave a note in the comments section to let them know they may want to check my current enrollment status.

Lol! Do you randomly send out DNA samples to anyone that requests them? Etter could be building a clone army of StormFinchs as we type :D

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Lol! Do you randomly send out DNA samples to anyone that requests them? Etter could be building a clone army of StormFinchs as we type :D

Sad army that would be. :lol: Nah, Etter was vetted early on so I'm not real worried about it. And if he really wants a clone army suffering from several different autoimmune diseases, including two different and opposite acting thyroid conditions, that's his problem. ;)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm sure this is the same one that you already did...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-e-cigs-university-geneva-questionnaire.html

Electronic cigarette survey (page 1)
The study began in October 2012 and ends in December 2014, we expect 1200 participants

I am positive that I did it quite some time ago.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread