Long time vaper, looking to upgrade but damn the scene has changed since 09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Ive been a very long time vape user (since late 08), dealt with all of the early ecig issues, lack of any mod supplies, NO purchasable mods, no variety, etc. Since about '10 Ive been using random diy tube mods paired with 2x LifePO4 3v batteries. These ranged from downright intimidating (think brass pipe bomb) to ghetto as all heck, such as having a copper tube with one endcap and using a 510 atty with a piece of wire shoved into the center post. I would hold the lip of the atty onto the lip of the copper pipe and touch the wire to the battery. Eventually came across the bolt a year or two ago and been using it daily since. Its really held up well, survived 1k+ 6ft or higher drops, water plunges, back pocket duty, etc. Sadly the threads have finally had it, itll only hold a new carto for a few days before the cartos threads are mangled and it falls out.

So now Ive been looking into a replacement and holy crap theres alot out there now, I feel like an old man seeing some of this stuff. I dont want to get a new bolt due to the quality going to complete garbage and any kind of VV type doesnt look like itll hold up very well plus they dont really put out as much juice as Ive grown accustomed to. So mechanical mods it is, but even there Im kinda unsure. Looks like bottom buttons are the most common and tbh they look kinda uncomfortable. Anything that has a side button has it stick out like crazy.

I guess what Im asking here is for some input on some different mechs, opinions on whats good, bad, etc. Im trying to find something not super expensive, (fasttech is tempting but ugh the shipping time) but thats solid. Itll be using 2x 123s so Im not worried about telescoping, a fixed length preferable but seems uncommon.

EDIT: Looking at stuff like this the roller clone here http://fatdaddyvapes.com/mechanicals.html . I feel it should be available way cheaper without the batteries, charger, RBA (I am curious about them for home use). However the price for all of that is excellent and I could see myself possibly enjoying an RBA.

Last edited:

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
How much do you want to spend?

Inexpensive top/side button mech mods are pretty rare, and you are right that most of them have bottom buttons. I have a Sigelei #23, which isn't very popular but has worked well for me and it has a top/side button. There are a few that have bottom/side buttons, and for that the EHPro EA seems pretty good and cheap.

Check out this site for good deals: PennyVaper.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread