Old Schoo Vaper, Looking for Recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat chocolate

Aug 16, 2012
Avon Lake
Was an old school vaper back in the day and it helped me quit cigarettes. Since joining the military, I have fell off the wagon and would like to transition from cigarettes back to vaping for a period of time in order to eventually quit... again... i know :( . I used to rock a phoenix rba with a copper Nemesis mech mod and a tesla V1. I sold them back when I completely quit. Im looking for any recommendations for preferably a box mod and an rba. Due to my job though, It cannot have any USB on it. I've just been out of the game so long, I don't really know what's out there right now. Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

Reactions: Letitia

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Was an old school vaper back in the day and it helped me quit cigarettes. Since joining the military, I have fell off the wagon and would like to transition from cigarettes back to vaping for a period of time in order to eventually quit... again... i know :( . I used to rock a phoenix RBA with a copper Nemesis mech mod and a tesla V1. I sold them back when I completely quit. Im looking for any recommendations for preferably a box mod and an RBA. Due to my job though, It cannot have any USB on it. I've just been out of the game so long, I don't really know what's out there right now. Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

Only box mod that I'm aware of is the billet box that does not have a USB port. Not an RBA style, but self contained. Tank is inside the unit, holds about 5ml, can use drop in coils or RBA type (about 3-4 of them) that allows rebuilding. Evolve DNA 60W chip inside for all your battery protections. Single 18650. Check it out while you wait for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks a ton for the advice guys, I appreciate the help. Which mechs are good now days? I had problems with my neme sometimes starting to fire in my pocket. Don't want that to happen. @Letitia Thanks! Everyone on this site now, and back in the day has always been super positive and helpful. I apprecaite it.
If you go the mech route there many squonkers out now. Take a look. I don't use mechs so no help here.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
If you're comfortable with mechs, stay there. It's not going to be easy to find a board mod without a USB anymore. As @Letitia observes, they now all use them for software updates. Ever gone squonking? It is-- MHO, of course-- the best of both worlds: you get the flavor and ease of coiling of a dripper, without the need to drip every 8 or 10 puffs. There are any number of mech squonkers to choose from, but take a look at a Coppervape if you think you can still get by on one battery's worth of power. They have (sorta) the config of a box mod and are pretty much indestructible, being just a chunk of metal with a couple holes drilled in it. They're available in aluminum or brass for a few bucks more. I have both. The alum is lighter and the brass is more conductive and-- I think-- looks better, if heavier in the pocket. I might even polish the brass one, one of these days, if I can ever find my roundtuit. I use them as my "go to work" and "out and about" mods (I'm still an Old Skool mech tube and dripper kind of guy at home, at least mostly). If Mr. Google is right, your Phoenix is still available, but I didn't see one right off that offers a bottom feed pin. A good replacement, IMHO, would be a Hadaly clone. Fasttech has them cheap and they come with the pin.Unfortunately, the originals are no longer in production and are hard to find used.

Take a look, and ping me back with your thoughts. If you don't like it, we can also dig up some pure mech box mods, or a variable voltage model or something. And if the idea appeals to you, give it a try. The gear I recommend is not expensive. And once you've tried squonking and love it, I'll explain why you need a REO :)

Edit: handy with a soldering iron? Can make a decent one cheaply and quickly. Just go mech or VV and there will be no USB.

fat chocolate

Aug 16, 2012
Avon Lake
@suprtkr Thanks a ton. It's good to see slowtech is still around haha. Never tried squanking since it wasnt around when I was vaping. Definitley would like something indestructable.... went through many VAMO's back in the day lol. The DNA v1 had just come out when I quit. I always kept an extra 1650 on me just in case and have cargo pockets so its no biggie. Will definitely check out your recommendations. Thanks a ton!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The Tarot Mini is an 80-watt single battery regulated mod (18650) without a USB port.

Or if you want to squonk, pick up a Pulse mod. The Pulse is a single 18650 mechanical squonker that can be had for around 30 bucks or so. If you pick up a Pulse 22 RDA, you should still be under $60.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Um, Tesla Nano Steampunk 120w! :D

Two-battery temperature control mod without a USB port, who's menu is stupid easy, handles Ni, Ti, SS, TCR, and Ceramic temperature control, has pre-set power curves (as well as the ability to create custom curves), and a simple on-off switch (no 5 clicks).
It's a bit heavy, but it looks SO freakin' cool and can double as a weapon. :evil:

BOOM! :headbang:
(I'm shocked that no one recommended it yet! o_O)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread