Look At What I Built... A Docking Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
LMAO. No it doesn't make waffles. Would be cool if it made chicken wings though. Hmmmm Now my brain is working. Wonder if I coulfd build this around one of the little Betty Crocker Easy Bake Ovens... There is an idea... But I forgot to mention one thing about this little project of mine and that's the reason I am excited about this and why I posted it. Due to s severe shoulder injury with 2 surgeries to repair, I have limited use of my right hand and arm. I did use my right hand and arm while doing this but not as much as it looks like I should have.

As for the Varnishing idea. I do plan on Varnishing it. I think a Cherry Varnish would make this thing gorgeous and across the front of it with a wood burning tool put "Radar's vape"...
Nice! You should varnish that sucker. Would look amazing. Heck, maybe even stain it. Looks good now, but with a little "finishing" you could make that thing a real conversation piece.

Pretty cool for something made out of boredom. lol

Just one question, though. Does it make waffles? Waffles is good!

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I appreciate the sentiment on the shoulder and thank you. But according to the Doc the next surgery is a told replacement and I am only 45. As for my dog. We haven't told him he is a dog yet. I believe in re-incarnation and he acts just like my grandfather. He is a Johnson American Bulldog. His name is "Bubba". Besides my German Shepherd/Rott mix I had, he is the best dog I have ever owned.
I just love a handy man! Sorry about your shoulder. Get well soon? And your dog looks like a person! I had one dog out of many who had a "people" look.

CloudyPete

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It took 2 days... Now here is the kicker secret. Most of this was done one handed. I cant use my right hand or arm very well due to a severe shoulder injury and 2 surgeries to repair the injury.... Gotta do something to keep my piece of mind.

Even more impressive! I'd probably need 3 days with both hands vs your 2 days with one. LOL

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
you could make these and sell them. this is an excellent idea.

Funny you should say that. The local Vape shop here wants to see it and maybe talk... I am gonna start building another one tomorrow that will probably be my baby... Its gonna be wicked. Imma take pics of it and post it... Should be done by Sat. Sunday at the latest.

dyebartdie

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
So-Cal
www.ash-photos.com
I was sitting in my garage yesterday bored out of my mind. I then got to looking at all of the wood that I had just sitting around. Then an idea hit me. The more I thought about it the more the design I had began to improve. I then began building and came up with this. A Vapor Docking station. I drilled two holes at the top for a battery with a Vapor Tube connected and for a battery charging. In the bock I put a hole for the charging cord to go into the docking station. Inside are 3 compartments. Compartment one for Atomizers and other parts. Compartment 2 for Vapor Tubes (notice the holes drilled in the bottom of compartment 2 so the Vapors tubes can stand up) and Compartment 3 is for juices.

I built this strictly from imagination. No kit was used. As a matter of fact I dont think there is such thing as a Vapor Docking station... I May have just started something here.

I did forget to mention one thing about this. Due to a severe shoulder injury and 2 surgeries to attempt to repair the shoulder I am very limited to what I can do with my right hand and arm. Yes I did use my right hand and arm but NOT like you would to normally make this. This was built 75% one handed..... A pretty awesome accomplishment.

View attachment 228445 View attachment 228446 View attachment 228447 View attachment 228448 View attachment 228449

Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread