• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Look what I found!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thanks! I've been working on Webby to get them printed up for a couple of months now, but other stuff kept coming up. We voted at the last meeting that we'll make them available to order from the CASAA site for FREE. (Your donations in action!) He said he'd be working on them this week, so hopefully we'll have them before the New Year!

If King County, WA got a bunch of these, maybe they wouldn't have to worry about the "smoking confusion" that caused them to ban indoor use of e-cigs. .......

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
We voted at the last meeting that we'll make them available to order from the CASAA site for FREE. (Your donations in action!) He said he'd be working on them this week, so hopefully we'll have them before the New Year!

If King County, WA got a bunch of these, maybe they wouldn't have to worry about the "smoking confusion" that caused them to ban indoor use of e-cigs. .......

Make those available, I'll gladly give a donation to obtain them. Can't wait to place my order.

LOL! And I just gave a big rant & basically said the same thing; with those clingies, there's no problem understanding smoking & vaping are NOT one in the same.

:vapor:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
The one thing that really bothers me about the whole "we might confuse someone..." argument is that ignorance 'of the law' has never been considered a valid excuse for any other violation (ever try to tell a cop you didn't know what the speed limit was? Didn't work, did it?) so why not vaping vs. smoking???

I know, I know...laziness of the end-enforcer...

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
No argument from me there, Vicks!

That and the whole "social norms." They're talking about kids not seeing something that looks like smoking in a restaurant (obviously, since kids aren't at the office) but completely ignoring that most of those restaurants serve liquor and kids are seeing adults drink and then get into their cars. Pretty soon, they'll want to ban drinking outside of your home or in bars!

The one thing that really bothers me about the whole "we might confuse someone..." argument is that ignorance 'of the law' has never been considered a valid excuse for any other violation (ever try to tell a cop you didn't know what the speed limit was? Didn't work, did it?) so why not vaping vs. smoking???

Kirstin.
Love the concept sign.
It could use a differing type font, bolded, and the circles could be bolded up as well.
Not trying to be critical, but I'm a designer and just trying to give a small bit of constructive advice.
Example is if put on a door as a small ~4" x 6" sticker, the font and circle gets lost due to the smaller format.

(sorry for this Illinois guy butting in, but I'm ~5 miles from the border and am not fond of Illinois in the least.
We used to go up to Pell Lake and Lake Geneva for breakfast when the smoking ban hit our state, and then, you guys got nailed.)

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last

I just heard there is cancer causing chemicals in the water (no really it was a news report) soo with that in mind will we be banning bottled water so we don't confuse people that might then think drinking water is ok? Slippery slope peeps slippery slope.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Didn't Walker say he was going to lift the ban in bars and leave it up to the owners????

If I'm not mistaken, it has to go through the assembly first & he said if it ended up back on his desk, he would sign the repeal.
But when listening to the radio one day, one of the assemblymen was asked about the repeal. He basically said we have bigger problems in this state & that (understandable) lifting the ban wasn't on the top of their list......but hey! If they can get some things pushed through that need to be done, maybe it will come up sooner than later.
In the mean time, we can write letters and see if we can at least get it set in stone that vaping is NOT smoking & we can become a "protected class" ;)

Walker's promised a lot of things - time will tell if he's able to deliver, or if it was just lip service.

Gawds, I hate politicians....
Love or hate his decisions, one of the refreshing things about Walker is he's always kept his campaign promises.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
NoSmokingSign.jpg

Hi Kristin!
Just doing a check on their availability. :vapor:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Getting closer - I found a printer. We're just discussing how to fund the printing now!

Drew said he'd front the money for printing and then we can do a fundraiser to hopefully recoup the funds we spend. Members would only have to pay shipping. Does that sound reasonable? Would people be willing to pay shipping do you think?

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Getting closer - I found a printer. We're just discussing how to fund the printing now!

Drew said he'd front the money for printing and then we can do a fundraiser to hopefully recoup the funds we spend. Members would only have to pay shipping. Does that sound reasonable? Would people be willing to pay shipping do you think?

I'm a bad one to ask, since I was already planning on making a donation above S/H in order to get a handful. LOL

But I do know that asking for shipping sounds totally reasonable. Anyone ordering them knows that pro-vape organizations are running more on their passion for vaping than the almighty dollar and what you are asking for is nothing unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread