Look what I made! - Home made device stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Wasn't really sure where to post this, so I chose here.
I was inspired by a few things that I saw people made here on ECF. A trip to Lowes, a forstner set, some oak, and an hour and a half later - here's what came out. I only have a small collection of devices (some spinners, and a twist. A few EVODs, a Protank Mini, and some CE5 type clearos). BUT, I did leave room for a larger device, in case I get one. I still need to seal it.

IMG_20130804_151954.jpg

All my liquids are in an old humidor (along with my Kanthal, wick and tools), but I wanted something to set on the counter, for stuff that I'm always grabbing for.

I'm really glad I found this place. No more stinkies, a new hobby, and a great new community.

Thanks for the inspiration ECF peeps!

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Looks more professional than mine. But mine was made from a post that used to hold the roof up over the porch. I wanted it to look rough so I didn't reprint or sand it down.
The pieces of wood are held together with 1/4" wooden dowel because I don't have a drill bit that will reach the 3" necessary to fasten that way.

image.jpg

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pic7.jpg Pic6.jpg Pic4.jpg

This is the one I built when I first started vaping. This was built 75% one handed due to a Blown Out RIght Shoulder (my dominant hand). I do plan on building a much bigger one this week. {MODERATED} These will be cabinets however. No kit or instructions. all built by hand from designs in my head. One will be like a dance hall with a 4 level stage, mirror back ground, lights, the works... Wooohooo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Florida
Looks more professional than mine. But mine was made from a post that used to hold the roof up over the porch. I wanted it to look rough so I didn't reprint or sand it down.
The pieces of wood are held together with 1/4" wooden dowel because I don't have a drill bit that will reach the 3" necessary to fasten that way.

View attachment 238563

nice, but one question...what's holding up the roof of your porch? :thumb:

Stratman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Florida
View attachment 238568 View attachment 238569 View attachment 238570

This is the one I built when I first started vaping. This was built 75% one handed due to a Blown Out RIght Shoulder (my dominant hand). I do plan on building a much bigger one this week. 2 of the same so I can sell one... These will be cabinets however. No kit or instructions. all built by hand from designs in my head. One will be like a dance hall with a 4 level stage, mirror back ground, lights, the works... Wooohooo.

Will it have a disco ball too?

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Will it have a disco ball too?

Was actually thinking of the disco ball idea but don't know. I wont be putting in various colored stage lights unless I can find a very small set of Xmas lights. I am a retired professional musician (drummer) so yeah I will come up with one helluva a showcase. And for it to be built 75% one handed. OH YEAH It will be very special.. The one Im gonna keep isn't going to have the mirror... I don't need anything that extravagant here. One with mirrors and lights. the other one (mine) with no mirrors but will have lights...

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
But mine was made from a post that used to hold the roof up over the porch. I wanted it to look rough so I didn't reprint or sand it down.
View attachment 238563

I was thinking of using a piece of salt treated 4x4 post, but decided against it. I figured that if I had to go to Lowes for the forstner bits, then I might as well get some halfway decent wood. Besides, pressure treated stuff cracks, and I wouldn't want to sand it and get all the sawdust in my lungs. I just quit cigarettes, I don't need to breathe anymore crap!

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: no buy/sell/trade outside of classies/supplier forums

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
nice, but one question...what's holding up the roof of your porch? :thumb:
the post we replaced it with. That one washer ting rotten at the base because it was not installed properly. But I don't throw things away. I might use them for something...

I was thinking of using a piece of salt treated 4x4 post, but decided against it. I figured that if I had to go to Lowes for the forstner bits, then I might as well get some halfway decent wood. Besides, pressure treated stuff cracks, and I wouldn't want to sand it and get all the sawdust in my lungs. I just quit cigarettes, I don't need to breathe anymore crap!
a filter mask takes care of that, and the only sanding I did was to knock off the sharp corners.... It's been curing for about a year now and did not crack, so I figure it should be ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread