Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
They have a youtube channel and you can see that they are made in Germany, your right, definitely not made in china
Some just have this thing against high priced authentics and will say anything to make it seem they are just rip offs. At first it was some China made stuff is ok, then it was China made stuff is just as good as authentics, then it was China made stuff is just as good if not better. Now its they are all made in china.....I'm not saying what's good and bad, but I do know that authentic kayfuns aren't made in china.....I did see that latest video on svoemesto, thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Some just have this thing against high priced authentics and will say anything to make it seem they are just rip offs. At first it was some China made stuff is ok, then it was China made stuff is just as good as authentics, then it was China made stuff is just as good if not better. Now its they are all made in china.....I'm not saying what's good and bad, but I do know that authentic kayfuns aren't made in china.....I did see that latest video on svoemesto, thanks

For the most part, I agree with you. With the kayfuns, however, I think the authentics are better. I have a clone kayfun, and although it works fine, I can definitely tell that it has poor threading. for the most part, I am a clone fan.... I just don't see spending $100 on an atomizer when that can purchase 2 whole starter kits with clone atomizers and batteries... there is just too wide of a price gap to warrant getting an authentic Kayfun. I'll put up with poorer threads. As long as the clone is functional and not too bad, I don't mind them.

TierodBoots

Apr 25, 2019
Buying an authentic Kayfun is a big step into rtas. I do love my Kayfuns (authentic and some clones) but there are many other options right now. The doggystyle rta is inexpensive and will get you comfortable making coils and wicks. The berserker is a Kayfun style deck you can try too. Then not only will you know if you want an authentic Kayfun but you'll be able to build and enjoy it to its fullest.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
For the most part, I agree with you. With the kayfuns, however, I think the authentics are better. I have a clone kayfun, and although it works fine, I can definitely tell that it has poor threading. for the most part, I am a clone fan.... I just don't see spending $100 on an atomizer when that can purchase 2 whole starter kits with clone atomizers and batteries... there is just too wide of a price gap to warrant getting an authentic Kayfun. I'll put up with poorer threads. As long as the clone is functional and not too bad, I don't mind them.
I'm all for that and agree especially these days when some clones are very good. My post wasnt to say which one someone should do, it was just in response to post that said authentics were made in China. When I hear that, I know it's just someone who is totally bashing hi end stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think you misunderstood my post. Those words I wrote about "at first this and at first that," were not my words, but were words from the Clone war threads there us to be.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
No comment on clones vs authentic’s, but there are laws in place in regards to what is advertised as the country of origin. Don’t know the specifics of said laws, I’m sure the information can be found on the web for those who may have concerns. It’s also possible Svoemestro sources some parts such as the screws or o-rings from another country. But without knowing the exact details is speculation at best. Regardless, Svoemestro must comply to said laws should they wish to export their product to other countries.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
No comment on clones vs authentic’s, but there are laws in place in regards to what is advertised as the country of origin. Don’t know the specifics of said laws, I’m sure the information can be found on the web for those who may have concerns. It’s also possible Svoemestro sources some parts such as the screws or o-rings from another country. But without knowing the exact details is speculation at best. Regardless, Svoemestro must comply to said laws should they wish to export their product to other countries.
Sadly, the Chinese clone makers don't care about Country of Origin marking laws, or about Trademark laws either. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but putting someone else's trademark on your imitation and mis-representing where it was made is just wrong.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Sadly, the Chinese clone makers don't care about Country of Origin marking laws, or about Trademark laws either. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but putting someone else's trademark on your imitation and mis-representing where it was made is just wrong.

This is very true to which grey markets allow for an easier export of such products despite that many countries also have laws against clones.

But the purpose of my post was to identify that companies such as Svoemestro must comply to these country of origin laws. Failing to do so could expose them to which the ramifications could be quite damaging to the company.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
But the purpose of my post was to identify that companies such as Svoemestro must comply to these country of origin laws. Failing to do so could expose them to which the ramifications could be quite damaging to the company.
I concur. I do not think Svoemesto could get away with mis-representing the country of origin of their products.

However, one should not assume that just because a "Kayfun" has "Made in Germany" printed on it (or its packaging) that it is genuine.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I concur. I do not think Svoemestro could get away with mis-representing the country of origin of their products.

However, one should not assume that just because "Kayfun" has "Made in Germany" printed on it (or its packaging) that it is genuine.

Agree and valid point. Wouldn’t be the first time of such shady practices and I am positive it will not be the last.

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
I strongly disagree. I work in IP protection and believe that what matters in the real world is the design. The design is where advancement is made. If we allow people to steal designs, you kill the incentive for improvement. Chinese imitation can be good when the original product is severely overpriced (and 80 euros for a German made atty is only very moderately overpriced). However, it is also at least partially responsible for the very slow rate of innovation in the vaping world. Simply put, if your product isn't protected, your trademark means nothing and is therefore worthless. It's value is certainly not equal to the marketing budget you sunk in it.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I strongly disagree. I work in IP protection and believe that what matters in the real world is the design. The design is where advancement is made. If we allow people to steal designs, you kill the incentive for improvement. Chinese imitation can be good when the original product is severely overpriced (and 80 euros for a German made atty is only very moderately overpriced). However, it is also at least partially responsible for the very slow rate of innovation in the vaping world. Simply put, if your product isn't protected, your trademark means nothing and is therefore worthless. It's value is certainly not equal to the marketing budget you sunk in it.

How I took @Rossum comment was not only do some clone manufactures copy design, or at least aesthetically copy design. But they also try and con the consumer into thinking they are buying an authentic by falsely branding said clone as the authentic. Stating a product is a clone, or styled, as it is commonly put, is informing the consumer that said product is not authentic. The consumer can then make their own choice whether to subscribe to a clone or not. By branding a cloned product as authentic is defrauding the consumer. This is wrong!

Example - and one that comes with a high risk.

Eight different fake battery types to report!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And don't cry clones down, as where do you think they make Rebuildable Atomisers. All of them are made in China, even Svoemestro.
Svomesto Kayfuns have a serial number that can authenticate the real thing.

kayfun-lite-plus-engraving2.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Svomesto Kayfuns have a serial number that can authenticate the real thing.

kayfun-lite-plus-engraving2.jpg

My Ehpro KF lite V2's have the serial number, but no product code. My sticking point is the price. I'd pay double the clone price for an original, but not the $216 price on Ebay for a Kayfun Mini V3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread