Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
I've tried 3 brands of attys in the past week trying to get a good vape with my REO mini.

My Dual Cartos are great on the REO, but I didn't need to buy my little guy for that.
I envisioned not having to ever use cartos, but more importantly, never having to DRIP again.

To my dismay, I am dissapointed with my Atty/REO experience thus far and need your help.

I've tried 2 different Iken 1.8's and they were so hot, I couldn't enjoy my cookie and cake juices.
I tried a Boge measuring in at 2.5 and it was way too cool of a vape for me.
I tried a Joye measuring in at 1.9 and it was just OK.

Which atty should I look into to get a warm, flavorful vape for my bakery type juices?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Look in the Reo Tips & Tricks thread for my Ego Mega Cylinder Atty Mod, the thing kicks some serious Azz on a Reo Grand when done like I Mod it. you will need a dremel & some XC-116 wick. or if your looking to just buy one Issac from Ikenvape just put out a new i06 that is a seriously great Atty that puts out Mega Vapor with great flavor !

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The great thing about using a cartos on a REO is you DO NOT have to drip at all!
You can fill your cartos before you put it on, but you do not have too!
I put mine on dry, and just squonk the juice up while drawing on the cartos. It is best to do slowly and let it sit a couple minutes before vaping. At first you will squonk more often to get the whole fill wet.
The Boge 510 at 2.0 is working great for me with my sweet juices.
I also DIY and go with 20% flavor, it give me the amount of flavor I like even with a LR 1.8.
Please give the cartos another try, with just the squonking, and you might be surprised.

rabbit13

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Los Angeles
So far in a whirlwind I've tried:
510s - Cisco 2.0, Joye standard, Joye LR, DSE "901 style" 510, and the ones on the REO website.
306 - Cisco 1.8, Joye standard, and Bauway LR (1.7 i think)
DSE 901 standard w/ a 510 adapter

Out of all those I was surprised the winner is Bauway 306 LR, w/ Cisco 306 1.8 a very similar close second. I find that on both of these removing the loose wick material under the bridge really improves the flavor as there seems to be some kind of primer junk in it which mutes the flavor then turns to a burning wood taste down the road. Removing this stuff also gives a lighter draw.

Bauway 306 LR and Cisco 306 1.8 are very similar, except the Bauway's are cheaper and a bit easier to de-wick, So I bought a bunch of them..

Was also impressed with flavor of DSE 901 (apparently 901 is known for this) and was surprised how well the juice fed thru the adapter. Problem was the weak vapor, so I have a DSE 901 LR on the way..

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
Hi all! Thanks for all the suggestions!

I just wanted to note that I am currently using cartos on "my boyfriend" and I do enjoy my juices in them. My husband really enjoys me watching me do the initial squonking :blush:.

It's the 'burden' of dripping I'm trying to replace. Dripping my juices with the above mentioned attys was great with my other 3.7 mod as well as my 3.4 measured Egos. If I drip onto my REO, the flavors are OK, but when I squonk them, they are muted for some reason.

I have read tons and tons of great info on this forum. I still have much to learn and plenty of time to practice and get it right.

Dry atty: I was sqounking without sucking. I would have a decent 5-6 hits, sqounk, see the juice just about pour into the drip cup, but then have a dry atty. I didn't know I was supposed to suck slightly without pushing the button. Since doing the quick draw without pushing the button, I no longer have the dry atty problem.

Flooded atty: Being an experienced dripper, I know I can just blow out the excess. But after reading the forum, I was concerned that having my atty too wet was causing my loss of flavor. So far, I don't think this is my problem, but who knows. It just seems that whatever I squonk up, I have a loss of flavor no matter how wet or dry my atty is?

Anyways... please keep putting your atty recommendations in this thread and thank you for all your help!!!

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Flooded sounds more likely. If you squonk without sucking on a 510 atty, you should do it lightly and just until you begin to see a glisten of juice at the holes in the overflow well. When you release, it should immediately disappear. If you are actually squonking hard enough to get juice in your well, you are over squonling and probably flooding your atty.

I find that the quick hard pull after squonking is needed for a 306, but not a 510.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Nope using 100% VG. Just put a new cartos on, squonked while drawing, then did it again and vaped. Squonked again before setting it back down. It worked great!
Karen,
Are you using a thin juice with your cartos? I put 5 drops (thick juice) in a new Boge 2.0 and it takes an hour to soak in. My minimum time to fill seems to be 2-3 hours for 20 drops.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
Flooded sounds more likely. If you squonk without sucking on a 510 atty, you should do it lightly and just until you begin to see a glisten of juice at the holes in the overflow well. When you release, it should immediately disappear. If you are actually squonking hard enough to get juice in your well, you are over squonling and probably flooding your atty.

I find that the quick hard pull after squonking is needed for a 306, but not a 510.

This is exactly what I was doing, I just couldn't explain it as well as you did. OK, so it looks like I'm going to have to stop the pull/squonk on the 510 and revisit why my atty is dry with normal squonking. I am positive I did it the way you described- I see it glisten, but it does not pour into the cup. I will practice some more.

I've never used a 306 before, only 510's and 801's. I'm going to order Iken's i06 (updated 306) when they get restocked. In general, do 306's give more flavor than 510's?
I'm sure there has to be a chart on ECF somewhere that gives the pro's/con's of each atty, lol.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
If doing an unpowered pull on the 510 is working for you, then great. I just find that 510s hold onto enough juice to not require it. 306s do not hold much juice in the atty, which means that they dry out AND flood more easily. Of course they also don't "drop" as much liquid after sitting for a while, which makes them more pocket friendly. I think they hit harder with a shorter draw. 306s are a little harder to get the hang of than 510s.

I wonder if your atty has just developed a burnt taste and you are flooding it, thinking it is dry.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
as mentioned, if it tastes how its supposed to when dripping, but different when squonking, then its definitely the squonk method.

i use 306s where its easily flooded or easily dry. i found the squonking technique of pressing the bottle, then while youre still pushing the bottle, take a half-a-second dry hit, then release bottle. suck very very lightly, as pushing on the bottle already starts the vacuum. practice makes perfect ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread