Looking for a good MTL RDA/RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Interesting. Doggy SXK was my wundervape. Then a clone of the dvarw (can't get an OG as it's raffle/draw only at the moment, and I WORK when they drop the signup list) and it's stupendous. Dense, rich, saturated...yummy with the smallest air reducer under the deck.

Just tossed a couple of the TRUE into the cart at slowtech....we shall see. Thanks for the rec as you're a doggy fan too.
If you like the doggy & Dvarw, you'll love the True. I really liked the Dvarw a lot, but it just wasn't a better vape than the doggy. At least not better enough to deal with the more finicky wicking and wonky bell cap. So I gave mine away. Just a word of warning- a couple of people had leaking on the first builds - I did on my first. But I think you just need to cut the wick long enough to tuck it under the deck platform, so it doesn't get pushed out over the oring when closing. After doing that, mine has been dry as a bone - even moreso than the doggy.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada

I agree with @bigbob2322 . I used to love KM3, then thought Doggystyle was the best ever. But I won the True MTL, and it is a seriously fantastic vape. Better by far imo than any Kayfun version, Berserker, Siren 2, Dvarw, or anything I've tried. Authentic is only $25, about what you might pay for high-end clones. Most of the high-ends I've considered have weird issues with building, finicky wicking, or just too many parts. This one is small, super easy build with screw or clamp option, great airtight afc, top fill, small and compact, comes with bubble glass for more capacity, and never any condensation to wipe off the top of the mod. My 1st build leaked some, but nothing at all after that, and it's all I use the last 4 months. Stays dry as a bone.

But seriously, for me it's about the vape. And this is the most solid, dense vape you can get.
View attachment 803651

The True is a really good lookin' atty and have read lots of good stuff about it.
Gonna get me one really soon...
Hopefully a vape shop in town will have one in stock.:)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I love the Gate by Ambition mods. Highend features and looks, at a reasonable price.
Its been described as someone took the parts of the Spica, Skyline and KF Prime and put them a great looking RTA. Its a genuine at clone price.

I use it without the AFC intake and use the slotted AFC choice on the AFC ring. Still gives a restricted almost direct lung, but with the choice of the .8 or 1.0 AFC reducer ( in the 510 positive post) or slot its as restricted as a straw if one likes that or slightly loose like I like.

Wonderful taste equal to the "True" tank but much nicer looking and very easy to use and set up.

gate-jm-002.jpeg

Attachments

• gate-001.jpeg
    gate-001.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 38
  • gate-002.jpeg
    gate-002.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 39
  • gate-003.jpeg
    gate-003.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 39
  • gate-jm-001.jpeg
    gate-jm-001.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I have been looking at MTL RTAs for awhile now... thought you might like to see my "wishlist":
GEEK VAPE AMMIT 24MM MTL RTA

Coppervape Hussar Project X Styled RTA

INNOKIN ARES 24MM MTL RTA

Fumytech Rose MTL RTA

CTHULHU MOD HASTUR MTL RTA MINI

EHPRO True MTL RTA

Berserker V1.5 Styled MTL RTA

COILART SALT 18MM RTA

ULTON Tripod Style 316SS 22mm RTA

SILVERPLAY 24MM MULTI AIRFLOW RTA

SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA

and maybe the kayfun lite 2019...