Looking for a good, smooth caramel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogeggs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Southampton UK
+1 on TFA Caramel Original but their Caramel Candy tastes of cough medicine, Capella Caramel is very good too, but tastes of burnt rubber to me when it's mixed with anything, I hated the Inawera Caramel, tasted of nothing to me, just that weird Inawera aftertaste you get with some of their flavours, currently experimenting with Flavour Art Caramel, it's not bad but not as nice as TFA imo.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
FA's Caramel is really nice and really matures in a week or two, even as a standalone flavor. I've found that most caramels, like vanillas, need to steep out and meld together. If you're popping them in your atty after a fresh mix, that's probably why you're not liking them all that much.

Capellas can come off really overpowering at first, but like the majority of their flavors, they tend to mellow with time and become less harsh.

FA's Caramel is really nice and really matures in a week or two, even as a standalone flavor. I've found that most caramels, like vanillas, need to steep out and meld together. If you're popping them in your atty after a fresh mix, that's probably why you're not liking them all that much.

Capellas can come off really overpowering at first, but like the majority of their flavors, they tend to mellow with time and become less harsh.

Thanks. Jonathan how is your new endeavor going hope all is well and selling alot of juice.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Thanks. Jonathan how is your new endeavor going hope all is well and selling alot of juice.

No problem, always try to help. Had it not been for ECF, I probably would have stuck with DIY and never branched out, so it's only right to help where I can!

As for business, doing well - I can't complain :). Thanks for asking!

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I've tried a lot of caramels. I have two favorites... For a smooth, creamy caramel my first choice would be Nature's Flavors Caramel Cream. It's great on its own. My other favorite is FW Caramel Candy. The FW is good, but on its own it's a bit too much for me. I like it more as a mixer in small amounts.

I think I got my NF Caramel Cream from High Desert Ecigs. They have small, sample sized bottles of flavoring, if you're thinking of trying it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
A lot of flavors do not work well on their own. Very few things we eat are single flavor(thank goodness)

Try TFA original + TFA Candy

TFA Candy Caramel and Bavarian Cream work excellent with RY4 Double

We have seen this example with Chocolates over and over - people looking for a Good Chocolate......ummm...chocolate what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread