RDA Looking for a leak free, 2 post RDA - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All,

I am looking for a good rda that is a two post design and really built for flavor. I am a MTL vaper, so big clouds are not important, but flavor is.

I build with a single coil in the .5 ohm range (when I get a wild hair to sub ohm), but am often in the 1.0 - 1.2 ohm range.

Any recommendations would be welcome. The FDA regs have me wanting to grab a couple of drippers just to be safe.

Thanks in advance for your help!

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Geekvape Tsunami is single coil capable, produces good flavor, ability to shut down the airflow, budget friendly @20ish dollars, pretty nicely made. Quite a few others could meet your needs, but you'll probably be spending a fair bit more cash. You looking for best bang for the buck, or not to concerned with pricing?

Reactions: Kh888

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Geekvape Tsunami is single coil capable, produces good flavor, ability to shut down the airflow, budget friendly @20ish dollars, pretty nicely made. Quite a few others could meet your needs, but you'll probably be spending a fair bit more cash. You looking for best bang for the buck, or not to concerned with pricing?

Thank you! I will check it out. As for cost, I am open...within some reason.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Not sure why anyone would suggest an atty with bottom airflow as they tend to leak when just looking at them, not to mention the OP wanted something for MTL!!! This would "not" be a Tsunami or a Velocity in any scenario....

As to the original request, The best choices you would have right now would be the Origen Little 16 by Norbert or the Nuppin' by Pdib... These are atty's designed for bottom feeding, first and foremost, and for the MTL person would be spot on. The O-16 is pretty much available, but the Nuppin' is about to put back into production for the 3rd and last time due to the "Deeming Regs" from the idiots... There is a list over in Pdib's thread and it will happen when it hits 100 requests... That should be in the next few days...

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Not sure why anyone would suggest an atty with bottom airflow as they tend to leak when just looking at them, not to mention the OP wanted something for MTL!!! This would "not" be a Tsunami or a Velocity in any scenario....

As to the original request, The best choices you would have right now would be the Origen Little 16 by Norbert or the Nuppin' by Pdib... These are atty's designed for bottom feeding, first and foremost, and for the MTL person would be spot on. The O-16 is pretty much available, but the Nuppin' is about to put back into production for the 3rd and last time due to the "Deeming Regs" from the idiots... There is a list over in Pdib's thread and it will happen when it hits 100 requests... That should be in the next few days...

You tried the Tsunami for MTL? I have, as for leaking, While I do have one that matches your description on the leaking it is flawed from factory, my second one is quite leak resistant. Also it was a fishing answer. Not knowing budget, or other specifics, and per his requested and statement "wild hair" for a measly 20 buck investment WTH. The Nuppin two post?

After his answer I'd probably suggest a Snapdragon, Manta, maybe even a stumpy I'll also add The Aeronaut in the mix with extra flow tubes. Extremely leak resistant, multitude of AF options one of the better Flavor atties.

My personal experience is I'm sort of the "wild hair" kind of vaper. Plenty of times I'm sucking on a Kayfun, Attaman II, Phenomena, or some such other tank, Other times might be a Snapdragon, Narda, Chalice III, or even a Nuppin. Yea and even MTL on one of my Tsunamis, which is a surprisingly good vape Single coiled & shut down tight. Other times, I get a bit of that "wild hair" And I'm hammering my Haze tank, Velocity, Revolt, maybe a phenol, No name, or one of a fair number of others.

Of the 400 or so atomizers I have and use, the Tsunami might not be the best MTL, maybe not the best for flavor, might not be the most leak resistant I have. However wrap a single coil of 28g, pop the normal drip tip adapter in it, shut down the airflow to whatever suits you from 99.9 closed or wide open if ya get a "wild hair" and you end up with a fairly OK vape for around twenty bucks. And as a bonus it is extremely nice quality & machining.

Oh, and if you want to dial the Tsunami up a notch in single coil MTL mode get/make yourself a chamber reducer.

VapeStrong30

Apr 25, 2016
I picked up another Maker rda from ez cloud company. 2 post design, top to side airflow, just about leak proof. Unlike the aeulos the airflow goes through the walls of the cylinder and hits your coils directly on the side. By far my go to atty for flavor. Not much of a cloud chucker, but it makes some fairly big clouds. Grim Green just reviewed it on youtube. $69.99
43ef1a76-8c4b-4435-bb5f-4429b2739bd3.jpg

Attachments

• 43ef1a76-8c4b-4435-bb5f-4429b2739bd3.jpg
    43ef1a76-8c4b-4435-bb5f-4429b2739bd3.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 94

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I picked up another Maker rda from ez cloud company. 2 post design, top to side airflow, just about leak proof. Unlike the aeulos the airflow goes through the walls of the cylinder and hits your coils directly on the side. By far my go to atty for flavor. Not much of a cloud chucker, but it makes some fairly big clouds. Grim Green just reviewed it on youtube. $69.99
View attachment 558835

This looks like a great suggestion and checks all of the OP's requirement boxes. Nice.

I also love my Origen Little 16's. Surprising amount of vapor on a single Z-coil and fantastic flavor. Doesn't leak unless I over squonk. They are tiny though and may look funny on some larger mods - I use mine on my Reo Grand and it looks right at home. Still a fantastic atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread