The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for a new good Carto to use.

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by mjradik, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. David Wolf

David Wolf Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC

2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Steak and potatoes sounds good. GRITS? :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Wolf

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks so much for your informative reply, Sugar! I will check out IBtanked for sure. Funny you mentioned the Kayfun, I've been thinkng about that as well, I've read so much about it, but have been trying to avoid getting into the hobby of rebuilding haha. I wonder if I am missing out on great flavor though, so many seem to love those. As far as carto's go, I'm thinkng about buying some cartridges to fill with my NET liquid and using with an ego battery on the 510, or some of my smaller pen style batteries..though I think those are 808s, for portability. Do you ever do that? For a Carto tank, i want one to use on my Eleaf Istick 30W mods.
    that was great information on the refilling tool to preserve Orings, I definitely don't want a leaking tank.
    So on my list to try are a carto tank and a Kayfun, thats about the end of the line for now, I am not going to every go subohm, I want flavor, high nic, low clouds. :)

4. David Wolf

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I was thinking about doing the XL, looking at the sizes, thank you!

5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Grits are awesome, at least compared to oatmeal gruel my mom fed me.

Plus, saying hominy, hominy, hominy is fun! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 10x sugar

10x sugar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    The Kayfun and other rebuildables are a world unto themselves, David! But should you ever want to scratch that itch, there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the forum to guide you.

You might be surprised to find out how much the "right" drip tip on your carto tanks or others, enhances the juice flavor. Speaking broadly here and only from my own observations, a drip tip of moderate height, with a narrow bore, made of nearly any material EXCEPT chrome plated brass, brass, stainless steel or titanium will give better flavor than for example, a long, wide bored, stainless steel tip.

The least awkward looking carto tanks on an ego battery are the 15mm diameter ones. You will sacrifice liquid volume for looks and hand balance though, but an ego battery will not let you be a juice hog anyway. Since you are making an investment (carto tank) that should last you several years, you may want to consider a larger size, such as a 19mm or larger, that will grow with you and any new devices you may purchase in the future.

I am still occasionally using 808s that are two years old, and have never had a problem but I am using them up. It's a non standard connection these days and the plethora of new products on the market do not support it.

Yes I do! But for the NETs, I use just the cartos without a tank. The cartos are unpunched (no holes in the side) and unflanged and therefore are much cheaper. The reason is the NETs will gunk a coil faster and those types of cartos can be found on close outs or clearance sales for as little as .20 to .50 cents each, so I don't mind that they may only last me a week or so.

But I punch my own too and I don't need the security of the flange anymore. One other thing regarding drip tips; make sure they fit snugly! Lube the O ring with a little juice before you fit inside the carto so you don't tear up the tip's O ring. The tank will slide up the carto without a snug drip tip and you may find yourself with a lap full of juice! Ugh!

Tootle puffer for life here too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Wolf

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    More great info, thank you again Sugar :D
    I've already discovered what you said about the drip tips, I don't like the metal ones at all, when I firat got my Nautilus Mini, it had a metallic taste, replaced the drip tip with an acrylic tip, and that went away!

8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I used IBTanked cartotanks extensively for two years. A very affordable and high quality product. Highly recommended!

For the past year I've been using RBA's exclusively, including a Patriot dripper and a Kayfun Lite Plus.

• Like Like x 3
  9. oplholik

So far this summer, I've found that a carto/tank is something I can take out and about in the hot weather and not leak all over everything. My RTA's stay at home. I'll say again that IBT's are excellent for the price. Just ordered me another 22mm tank. Their cartos are decently priced also. If and when things get bad for us vapers, I want a stock of cartos, and tanks to fall back on.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 10x sugar

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    I started using cartos and IBTANKED mostly because of your stellar recommendations! I am eternally thankful to you Baditude!:wub:

Sugar

• Like Like x 3
  11. 10x sugar

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    True that Oplholik! Have you noticed that they also don't seem to be sensitive to elevation changes? I have! It's great not having to worry about a leaky tank due to pressure changes! :thumbs:

PS How are you liking your Provari Classic?

Sugar

12. oplholik

I've been up in the San Bernardino mountains, Big Bear, and Lake Arrowhead, and had no problems with a carto/tank s/u.
    I don't know about a fast change in elevation tho, like taking off in a plane.
    The Provari Classic is sweet, really enjoying it. I like the P3 also, but wouldn't get another as the Classic gives me all I need.
    It's funny how things change. Awhile back I started down the road of acquiring Rebuildables, BF attys, and tanks to lessen my dependency on cartos and such, now I am stocking up on the cartos and tanks. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. 10x sugar

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    I am glad you are happy and thank you very much for that reply; that's exactly what I needed to know!

• Like Like x 1
  14. oplholik

I just wish there were 1.3 - 1.4 Ω cartos for my mechanicals. The 1.7Ω Resurrectors just don't do it for me anymore.

15. oplholik

Know any vendors having a clearance sale at the moment?

16. 10x sugar

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    I have never used one nor seen them! They are almost mythical to me at this point! Who is the manufacturer?

On the Boges and Smok, so far it's the usual suspects! I am starting to see clear outs on ohms as high as 5!:shock:

17. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Close...

Roast Beef
    Carrots
    Sweet Potato Casserole

• Like Like x 1
  18. oplholik

I saw it mentioned the other day, and I don't remember where I saw it, but a vendor was advertising LR, 1.5Ω Boge's. As far as I know LR Boge's are 2.0Ω. Never heard of a 1.5Ω Boge.

19. oplholik

It just dawned on me, it might have been a DC carto.

20. 10x sugar

Sep 13, 2013
    OC, NJ
    Are you thinking of ecigs charleston?

I will keep my eyes out for the Resurrectors (while I continue bargain hunting for the 2.0 Smok for myself) and post here if I find them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.