Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I bought two boxes of 510 Kangers and they look like junk, the Ω's meter all over the place on them, so I haven't even dared try one yet.

I just checked the ones on my Helixes after reading this. One has been on one for 3 months. 2.4 One I put on yesterday on another Helix reads 2.4. Those checks were done on a Provari.

I went out and got my mm and all the Kangers I have in reserve and spot checked them and they all read between 2.3 and 2.4.

I have never seen the problem with them that you see.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well stuff happens I guess. Even when Boges were good, you could get some bad ones. Of course I have a couple vv's, so that is not a real problem, but I don't think these are safley useable anyway. The center positive post aren't long enough, even after trying to wiggle it out some. Wouldn't take much to have the outer negative part make contact with the positive post on the pv. My vv's protect against this kind of thing, but don't want to chance it anyway.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I bought the 10 box deal from vaporbeast and so far they are all performing fine. Maybe one that has had a problem. It is scary though with the boge being so iffy lately its hard to take a chance. Just because the ones you bought from one place were great, doesnt mean that they will be the same as the vendors keep getting their supply replenished.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Aaagh bogegate continues. I discovered that 150 of my cartos stashed away are the short/short condom variety. So frustrating. I am basically counting that whole lot as bad and will be grateful if any of them work.

I ordered some of the ReNew 1.7 XL at COV yesterday. Shipped today, should be here by Friday. Hoping they work!! Held off on the Kangers because they were all filler-less and I didn't wanna risk it in a tank.

On a side note I did spring for a Bulli rebuildables over the weekend. I am willing to try anything at this point!

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I have found a work around for now. My local B&M sometimes runs an in store special on old stock of prefilled Boge SR cartos that are about a year old. I bought up a bunch of them and washed them out with the ultimate plunger and they work a lot better than the brand new ones do. Sad huh?

Good thing is they are a lot cheaper too but it is a pita to clean them all out.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I am also looking for a Boge replacement carto. Today I received the smoketech 3.0 single coil prepunched with 3 holes from hoosierecigsupply.com. So far, 2 hours into vaping with it, its going pretty good. I also use their smoketch 2.0 dualcoil prepunched with 3 holes and they do fine.
The sr boges I got at hoosier a couple weeks back are fine, but they dont carry the xl to fit my tanks. My top pick is still the xl sr boges but the last 3 orders were all crap. I will stick with the smoktech prepunched for the time being. Hopefully Boge will eventually solve their quality control problems so I can get back to vaping the way its intended to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread