Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
i have been using the kanger SR cartos for 6months,,they don't plug up nearly as fast as the boges ever did .

after the taste goes away,,you can pull the filling out very easy and give a good cleaning and re-install or use as a dripping atty
I just saw this and thought to myself, if it has the same awful taste I got from the kanger horizontal coil I tried a month ago, I dont see how you can stand it. It was so disgusting I took it out of my tank and threw it away. I cant even remember what the taste was like. But it was horrible. Does it go away immediately? I just can imagine using something that tastes awful. Sorry, but it was really god awful.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I just saw this and thought to myself, if it has the same awful taste I got from the kanger horizontal coil I tried a month ago, I dont see how you can stand it. It was so disgusting I took it out of my tank and threw it away. I cant even remember what the taste was like. But it was horrible. Does it go away immediately? I just can imagine using something that tastes awful. Sorry, but it was really god awful.

i have never experienced anything like that ever..if anything i get a little too excited and start using them before they are total full and get a dry burn hit,but it doesn't kill the flavor production of the kanger

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
Using Ikenvape SR 510 prepunched platinum series. Love them, love at first vape. It was nice to stop the insanity of Boge Gate with 2 weeks of inconsistent crappy vaping.

Can you use these with this tank? I have the 3.5ml 510 DCT cartomizer tanks I got from provape when I ordered my provari.

Screen%20shot%202012-09-17%20at%202.42.29%20AM.png

The only cartos I've used have the "flanged" bottoms and I'm not sure if the ones you mentioned have that, or if I need it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
In post #16 I posted my thoughts on the 510 Kangers I recieved. I thought I'd step back in and eat some crow. I got a new Provari the other day, and pulled out a Kanger from the box and put it on the Provari. I have to admit that it's not bad. I like the way it absorbs the juice when filling, and I'm getting good flavor and vapor from it. Now to see how long it lasts. I have read elsewhere that the material inside can easily be removed for cleaning, or you can use the carto as a dripping atty. May have to try that for kicks. I have a new tank coming, and will then punch a hole in this carto and put it in the tank and see how it goes there.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Over the past week I have received some renews LR from COV and some ikenvape 808 LR with a 510/808 adapter. So far, both are working really good on my provari and my vv gripper. I purchased 20 of each type and have made it 3-4 days per carto, running 12-15 ml through the cartos before tossing them. So far, much much better than Boges!!

Never did pull the trigger on kangers.....may still try them as well and then I have a variety to purchase in bulk.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
There aren't a whole lot of choices for filler cartos. Boge, Bauway, Smoke Tech...

Vaporbeast is offering a quality guarantee on boge cartos in 50 packs. --MPORTANT NOTE: We believe BOGE cartos are among the best cartos on the market! However, we are aware that some batches of BOGE cartos (from several reliable vendors) have reportedly been substandard. For this reason, we are offering a satisfaction guarantee. Our return policy for the "Carton Steal" is now the same as it is for our hardware. --

I personally have enough pre-bogegate boges in my inventory to keep me going for a couple of years or more. If I wasn't so stocked up, I'd probably take vaporbeast up on that offer.

Yep, stocked up myself a long while back. Now they just sit because of going to genesis atty's now. If I needed carto's, vaporbeast would be the place I would get them due to his policy...it's worth it for the piece of mind that's provided.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had been using Smoktech dual coils in my DCT and pyrex tanks, but wasn't totally satisfied because more than a few would get a burnt taste, even with a good juice flow to the coils. After doing some reading here on the forums, I decided to try the single coil Smoktechs from here: Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

I switched out all of the cartos from my tanks and replaced them with the single coils. I had ordered both single and double pre-drilled holes, choosing which one depending upon the thickness of the juice. Very happy with the switch. Flavor and vapor are very good, and after over a month of using these I've not had a return of the burnt taste of the dual coil cartos.

I also got a few of the Smoktech Titans, the Vivi clone from Smoktech. I like the easy fill and excellent vapor production, however when using the same juice side-by-side with a cartotank, the flavor is muted in the clearo, sometimes to the point of being unable to detect ANY flavor at all, just vapor. I've also noted that if the metal endcaps are not kept extremely tight, juice perspiration forms on the tubes.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
I had been using Smoktech dual coils in my DCT and pyrex tanks, but wasn't totally satisfied because more than a few would get a burnt taste, even with a good juice flow to the coils. After doing some reading here on the forums, I decided to try the single coil Smoktechs from here: Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

I switched out all of the cartos from my tanks and replaced them with the single coils. I had ordered both single and double pre-drilled holes, choosing which one depending upon the thickness of the juice. Very happy with the switch. Flavor and vapor are very good, and after over a month of using these I've not had a return of the burnt taste of the dual coil cartos.

Do you use 2Ω or 3Ω ?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you use 2Ω or 3Ω ?

The ones I have are 2 oHm, but those were ordered just before I bought my Provari. I will likely order more for my two 3.7v mods, and get the 3.0 oHm for the Provari.

I'm still in an experimental stage in finding which juices I have that taste better at a higher voltage with the Provari. I guess I will have to then dedicate some tanks strictly for the Provari, then.

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I didn't notice a funny taste with the Kangers in my tanks. I just couldn't vape at a voltage I liked. I like a warm vape, so I like to vape a 3Ω at around 5.5-5.7V. The Kangers started tasting burnt at around 4.6V, not good enough for me.

I have definitely decided that Smoktech single coils will be the replacement for my Boge cartos. I gonna order a bunch directly from Smoktech so I'll be set for a while. I really like my cartotanks.

That taste in Kanger is the silicone glue they use. I find that using Kangers for more than 3 days in the row makes me loose complete taste for 1-2 weeks. Gives me vapors tongue. Bizarre.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I know that Isaac has his cartos made to his specs. Do you know who makes them?

Yes, but ... the only problem with Ikenvape, is that they are almost always sold out of everything I want. By which I mean to say the 35mm 510 threaded 2.0Ω stainless cartos, I could use to replace Boges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread