Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I see what you mean. In theory, the mod could be clicked back on it the button is pressed 5 times inadvertently in a pocket/purse.

But also, while accidents happen and failures occur, a regulated mod has many protections that would stop a catastrophe like that from happening. X second cut-off being just one of them.

But if we're gonna talk about batteries venting, then stay away from Yihi. I had a battery vent in a Yihi mod 2 times due to Yihi's chips having a relatively high quiescent voltage drain which will drain a battery below 3.2 volts when the mod is just sitting turned off with a battery in it for long enough.

Long story. But luckily the safety diaphragm in the battery tripped both times. The only reason it happened the second time is because I had no idea what happened and what caused it the first time. lol

From what I understand, despite Yihi knowing about this issue for years they never fixed it or they just now are getting around to addressing it in new chips (not sure).

No Yihi for me. Too many other mods on the market. They should have addressed this years ago.

Reactions: PeterKay

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I see what you mean. In theory, the mod could be clicked back on it the button is pressed 5 times inadvertently in a pocket/purse.
    Something to consider... constantly pressing 5 times (and I would have to do this often with a mod I carry around... that's why I carry an old small Innokin... 3 clicks) would put a lot of wear on that fire button. Also, I have this "twitchy" thing (mild epilepsy) and it's hard to do 5 clicks correctly. What if you are taking it in/out of your pocket every 10 minutes? The truth is... everyone should have different (smaller less powerful) device for pockets... my good mods never leave home.

Reactions: Mordacai

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    True @UncleJunkle, but with regulated mods only going into a standby mode and never truly being able to be turned off there will always be parasitic drain.

That's quiescent drain. Parasitic drain is when you have low quality components and/or soldering points that cause a higher voltage drain than "normal" Which in turn causes inefficient operation and obviously quicker battery drain.

Regardless, the point is that Yihi has such a high rate of quiescent drain that it's actually a safety issue, yet they let it slide for years (and still may have not addressed it, I don't know)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Something to consider... constantly pressing 5 times (and I would have to do this often with a mod I carry around... that's why I carry an old small Innokin... 3 clicks) would put a lot of wear on that fire button. Also, I have this "twitchy" thing (mild epilepsy) and it's hard to do 5 clicks correctly. What if you are taking it in/out of your pocket every 10 minutes? The truth is... everyone should have different (smaller less powerful) device for pockets... my good mods never leave home.

But I'm not talking about auto lock, like on your revenger X. I'm talking about having to click a combination of buttons to achieve lock status.

But I do concede that I can see how total lock can be superior to just shutting down in certain situations or to some people.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Actually, I got confused... the Revenger X locks setting but not the fire button (sorry, I"m not much of an expert on mods) All I carry around is my first mod) other than the Aspire PockeX I started with. It's a little Innokin EZ Watt 35... still use that thing and have put it thru heck... still works. I think we sidetracked this thread... back to OP's original topic ;)

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

But also, while accidents happen and failures occur, a regulated mod has many protections that would stop a catastrophe like that from happening. X second cut-off being just one of them.

But if we're gonna talk about batteries venting, then stay away from Yihi. I had a battery vent in a Yihi mod 2 times due to Yihi's chips having a relatively high quiescent voltage drain which will drain a battery below 3.2 volts when the mod is just sitting turned off with a battery in it for long enough.

Long story. But luckily the safety diaphragm in the battery tripped both times. The only reason it happened the second time is because I had no idea what happened and what caused it the first time. lol

From what I understand, despite Yihi knowing about this issue for years they never fixed it or they just now are getting around to addressing it in new chips (not sure).

No Yihi for me. Too many other mods on the market. They should have addressed this years ago.
    I have the Steam Crave Hadron with the Yihi chipset. How did you measure the quiescent drain, with some app?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have the Steam Crave Hadron with the Yihi chipset. How did you measure the quiescent drain, with some app?

I didn't measure it. I experienced it. Then I learned more about it when I asked around about my problem. People still complain about it on newer Yihi chips to this day.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I didn't measure it. I experienced it. Then I learned more about it when I asked around about my problem. People still complain about it on newer Yihi chips to this day.
    Interesting. Sadly it will be very hard for me to check- my chargers don't measure the voltage, and on the mod the battery life is represented by just 4 bars, so small changes won't show

Smokah

Oct 13, 2020
    Belgium
    Each his own. I don’t carry spare batteries because it’s more convenient to me. I know exactly what batteries I carry in a device. Older and new cells don’t get mixed up. I can’t accidentally drop and dent my batteries because I don’t need to change them. And l’m a bit sloppy. I lose protective covers and you really don’t want to carry loose batteries in your pockets. I know why. Haha

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2018
    The Joyetech Espion and the Wismec Ravage are tiny dual 18650 mods, they are very light too, and you can have them at low prices in some asian sites.(vapesourcing i guess)
    They have also big colored screens and for an optimised customed vape you can update them with RedPanda, the color screen version of Arcticfox.
    I own each of them and they are great.

Reactions: Smokah
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread