Looking for a tough/durable RDA with big airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey rebuilders, I posted this thread because I'm looking for one more dripper for the next century, I'm basically in my vapers utopia right now with my Tobh Atty, and Brass Monkee, because with these two I can do whatever build that fit my needs. However I get a bad feeling that something will go wrong with either one of them, because this is my second Brass Monkee, and I've broken many clones (and some authentics) simply because I'm rough with them. I tug hard on my coils to get them right, often tighten down the screws tighter than I probably should, and in general do stupid projects with them (like drilling the caps, posts, wells, or even (successfully) swap posts in the past). Now I've for the most part learned not to do most of these things, but I still feel like a silverback gorilla doing surgery when I'm trying to get my coils just right (you know what I'm talking about :p).

I'm just wondering if you guys know of any solid/tough, really capable, RDA's that have been good and reliable to you in the past. I love the welded posts on the Tobh Atty because they have no hint of moving, flexing etc, but even the middle post on that has rotated with a good tightening :glare:, I don't think it's an issue, but I still don't like that whatsoever, especially if I have a perfect build one day in the future, when I tighten it, it'll most likely stretch the coils out. This Tobh is a (pretty awesome) Tobeco clone, so I'm debating getting the authentic Tobh I love it so much.

I've had my eye on the Mephisto, Stillare (not welded but well made?, like the conductive posts and airflow), and tugboat especially for toughness/thickness, but I don't know if the tugboats posts are welded, I seriously couldn't find that info online so I'm assuming not?

(Does anyone own an authentic Stillare? It looks pretty amazing with it's gold conductive posts, big post holes that can hold dual 22ga, and absolutely massive airflow. It looks like I'd like it better than the praised Zenith (which also looks great, besides the fact that it can't fit 22ga, that's really the only reason I haven't considered it, and I don't like the idea of drilling out rectangular post holes.), I'm just not sure if it'd be solid enough to last through my torture.

But I'm really thinking about saving up for sort of a big splurge on an Asmodus RDA (28.5mm/26650 size dripper, which looks epic), or a plume-veil by aerthertech, they both look
like my two favorites the tobh and brass monkee combined!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...systems/571433-asmodus-rdas-mods-im-love.html
PlumeVeil RBA by AetherTech - Kidney Puncher
HsnR3KR.jpg
Asmodus RDA (26650, not sure if I like bigger chambers yet, will try on cheap tobh 26650 clone first) or...
Plumeveil_deck_WM__87848.1403065074.1280.1280.jpg
Kinda don't dig the gold, but the conductivity benefit grew on me! Look at these beautiful deck designs, welded negatives, with dual positive posts so you don't have to cram and tighten two into one hole, I'm really leaning towards these two if no one has any suggestions.
uiPGGdM.jpg

BUT, I'm basically a dual coiler only, so I've always had my eye on the soldado as well, I'm just not sure how it'll vape because it looks so different from anything I've ever tried, sorta like the origen. A big plus is this is nearly $50 cheaper than the two above ;). I've always wanted to try one with a deep well, and it's airflow/build strength look really good. Darmit, I'm in a pinch.

I hope somebody has some suggestions that'll make this decision easier, if you have an experience with any of these RDA's, or something tough with big airflow you recommend I'd be more than grateful. Thanks so much in advance, and vape'em if you got'em!

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I have a Tobh Atty V2 clone, and its been pretty good to me. no posts spinning, I think the neg posts are literally milled while the center post is held in tightly by the copper contact screw on the bottom.

Airflow is adjustable, it has 3 large holes on each side and a protruding piece of metal where you can cover up 1 2 or even 3 holes, 2 1/2 holes, etc.

Center post's opening is pretty wide too, I could fit 2 flat ribbon wires with ease in it, so I imagine large gauge kanthal wont be a issue.

my 2 cents on it anyways ^^

The Tobh Atty | Tobh Mods

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I have a Tobh Atty V2 clone, and its been pretty good to me. no posts spinning, I think the neg posts are literally milled while the center post is held in tightly by the copper contact screw on the bottom.

Airflow is adjustable, it has 3 large holes on each side and a protruding piece of metal where you can cover up 1 2 or even 3 holes, 2 1/2 holes, etc.

Center post's opening is pretty wide too, I could fit 2 flat ribbon wires with ease in it, so I imagine large gauge kanthal wont be a issue.

my 2 cents on it anyways ^^

The Tobh Atty | Tobh Mods

Excellent suggestion brother, but I already have the OG :D. It's actually my favorite atty, I'm rockin' the 26650 Tobh (tobeco clone) right now, and it's an absolute tank too. Milled negative posts, and a thick center post press fitted into a super tight insulator like yours. I've been tugging on 22ga Gplat with all my might since I got it, and nothing has even creeked. So I have the copper version on the way :).

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I've had my tugboat for about two months now and rebuild it almost every other day and I have yet to have a post spin. All three posts look like they are press fitted. I'm pretty sure they arent welded.

Awesome thanks for that input, I've always loved the tugboat for those super thick walls, same with the quasar. It looks like a strong American made atty, I'd love to see a 26650 version come out :p, that'd be an awesome hunk of metal.

MarkLH90

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Tennessee
The Mephisto is a beast.. Been using mine for awhile and I force my coils where I want them like you mentioned. Posts aren't milled into the deck but they are welded. Haven't had any problems out of mine yet. Airflow is nice, better than my 3/32" dual hole Patriot. Also has a single opening option for single coils. Mine came with a copper gold and black afc ring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread